+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

One thing for me, it seems I'm still hitting HS pretty often. Probably not as much as before, but it's still coming out as a significant chunk of my dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    One thing for me, it seems I'm still hitting HS pretty often. Probably not as much as before, but it's still coming out as a significant chunk of my dps.
    im finding myself using inner rage quite often now.

But as far as 3/3 deep wounds goes. it should be the way to go now even with how much damage HS is still doing in the over all picture. The talent isnt as valuable now because of the way recklessness works.

Iv never been a numbers guy to be honest. I just think in theory and somehow it normally just works for me. thats why i wanted to bring up my ideas with TGM so it could be discusses further

I've always had 3/3 deep wounds, so nothing has changed in my build. And I admit, I have yet to use inner rage once. I do have the rage to HS often, but every 1.5s, especially when it's not my top attack? I'm pretty sure inner rage will have to go back to the Blizzard lab. They added it in as a tool when you're swimming in rage (as we were for most of wotlk). But rage normalization took care of that. And because of rage normalization, our rage wont increase dramatically as we gear through T11, 12, 13 (it will a bit because we'll likely have some more hit and haste with higher tiers), so I don't see inner rage becoming good ever.

I've always had 3/3 deep wounds, so nothing has changed in my build. And I admit, I have yet to use inner rage once. I do have the rage to HS often, but every 1.5s, especially when it's not my top attack? I'm pretty sure inner rage will have to go back to the Blizzard lab. They added it in as a tool when you're swimming in rage (as we were for most of wotlk). But rage normalization took care of that. And because of rage normalization, our rage wont increase dramatically as we gear through T11, 12, 13 (it will a bit because we'll likely have some more hit and haste with higher tiers), so I don't see inner rage becoming good ever.
    I dont understand your logic.
    You are saying that because HS isnt our top attack. making it a 1.5 second CD for a period of time isnt worth it..

All its doing is making an ability that is off the GCD usable every 1.5 seconds. I dont get why this is bad. Even if we cant use HS every time its available in the time frame that inner rage is up.. its still a dps boost if you use it even 1 more time then you normally could.

As long as your not rage starving yourself there is no way that this is anything but a dps increase. Sure making something that costs 30 rage useable more often isnt all that appealing. But its a billion times better than it was, and its still doing its job more or less.

Could it use some more thought.. yeah. Is it useless.. absolutely not

I'm saying I will rarely have the rage to make it useful. Enough rage to hit inner rage, BT, RB on every cd, along with hitting HS every 1.5s? Inner rage in both versions was designed as something to use when we overflowing with rage, as we often were pre-4.0 (especially in ICC for instance). I'm certainly not overflowing with rage now.

I'm saying I will rarely have the rage to make it useful. Enough rage to hit inner rage, BT, RB on every cd, along with hitting HS every 1.5s? Inner rage in both versions was designed as something to use when we overflowing with rage, as we often were pre-4.0 (especially in ICC for instance). I'm certainly not overflowing with rage now.
    i get this.
    But its still useful when it does happen. I know i have times where i have lucky hit streaks or RB decides not to be useable so im stuck with BT Slam! and HS. Its nice to have something that will fill the void when these things happen. however rare they are.

Sigh.

Upcoming hotfix;

Raging Blow reduced from 120% to 100% weapon damage at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by balane View Post
    Sigh.

Upcoming hotfix;

Raging Blow reduced from 120% to 100% weapon damage at max level.
    while i understand RB had potential to get out of control at higher mastery levels. i think we deserve a compensation for this in pve.

WTB massive buff to deep wounds?

Actually they´re saying, that they considered fury PvE damage as too high. I´m not convinced that this is really the case. Agreed that fury DpS was substantially increased in 4.0.6, but this was necessary. But they simply won´t admit that they (again) nerfed PvE damage for PvP burst damage reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Akolon View Post
    Actually they´re saying, that they considered fury PvE damage as too high. I´m not convinced that this is really the case. Agreed that fury DpS was substantially increased in 4.0.6, but this was necessary. But they simply won´t admit that they (again) nerfed PvE damage for PvP burst damage reasons.
    but they did... they said they did here.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...oming-hotfixes

Anyways. On average our pve damage wasnt really to high.. i dont get where they want us to be in the dps line up.. dead last?

SMF will overtake TG with this change. and while thats okay.. id like to see the two be similar in comparison to one another.

..better 1 handers would be nice also

No, they don´t.

In all three cases we’ve been closely monitoring performance since the patch and all 3 specs are currently doing too much damage in PvE. In the case of Shadow and Fury we were also worried about their PvP burst potential, but didn’t want to risk affecting them in PvE. Now that we have concluded they are too high in PvE, both aspects of the game should feel more balanced.
    They say, PvE damage was too high and they only could nerf our too high PvP burst, because PvE damage also was too high.

No, they don´t.

They say, PvE damage was too high and they only could nerf our too high PvP burst, because PvE damage also was too high.
    you said " But they simply won´t admit that they (again) nerfed PvE damage for PvP burst damage reasons." in the post above.

but they did admit it was for pvp burst reasons.. as well as pve damage. but this thread should be for discussing fury pve dps. not why they are nerfing us.

what can they do to fix this crap?
    deep wounds remains the only damaging component that they havent messed with, and its pretty low compared to how it was back in wrath.. i think i damage increase to passive damage would be nice imo.

Why should they "fix" something, if they think, that nerfs were needed due to "too high damage"?

They won´t buff anything, because the wanted to nerf fury dps...

Why should they "fix" something, if they think, that nerfs were needed due to "too high damage"?

They won´t buff anything, because the wanted to nerf fury dps...
    They often over nerf things.
    I cant think of any reason why they wont end up balancing out this nerf so its less of a hit.
    this is more than 20% off of what the tool tip shows. And this will push SMF head by a few %. Any fight that has a damage modifier will increase this gap.

i honestly doubt this will go without some sort of a "fix" for long.

If they decided to improve fury dps again, they would try to buff one of the abilites that hit the lowest at the moment, but are still part of our normal rotation.

Passive damage (including DW): They said some time ago, that they don´t like dps doing to large chunks of passive or white damage. They want pressing buttons to be meaningful and they dpn´t want to award standing afk at the boss. So you can expect it to be a buff to an actively used ability.

Hard hitters: They obviously won´t buff one of the already harder hitting abilities, because it would lead to increased burst potential, which they try to avoid.

HS/Cleave: They are meant to be pure dumps and were just nerfed for the reason that they got unintendedly promoted to a core rotation ability.

Considering all of this, there are not too many abilities left, which could be a reasonable candidate for a buff.

I personally think that a buff to the base damage of colossus smash should be a good idea. It does very minor damage at the moment, is used in a repeated pattern and buffing it would also lead to a dps buff for arms, which is still behind.

That buff would´t need to be too big, if they wanted to compensate for the RB nerf by just a bit and you would´t have the risk of creating too much additional burst, you have an actively used ability and even more you could polish up the impression of "hitting the CS button", because you woudn´t just see a damage number you get ashamed of, but it would underline the feeling of doing something meaningful.

So my vote goes for "buffing the damage of CS".

Buffing CS would be nice, it hits for so little..

But what I actually wanted to comment on are the Recklessness changes from 4.0.6. Pre-patch, it would count as an enrage for RB. Okay, it lasted only three hits, which was actually nice, because I could use it even if I didn't want to be a burden to my healers in a tough situation.

Now. It doesn't trigger RB anymore (at least for me), it lasts full 12 seconds, and doesn't seem to be affected by mastery. I personally thought they changed it to lower burst, but to also make mastery more attractive, so I was pretty surprised it is not affected. Or at least the tooltip doesn't show any changes.. What are the rest of you thinking about that?

it never did activate RB. its not an enrage effect. It would make sense for it to be.. but its not.
    besides. there are almost no cases where we should be using recklessness without death wish up anyways. so even if they made it so it does activate RB.. it would be useless.

Ah, my bad there then.

Although, why on earth isn't it an Enrage effect..

Quote Originally Posted by Memsie View Post
    Ah, my bad there then.

Although, why on earth isn't it an Enrage effect..
    my guess is that blizzard wants to control how many abilities we can use to activate RB.

It used to count as an enrage in that time between ICC and Cata release, then it got changed to a normal buff.

Not particularly happy that I'm going to have to go get another set of weapons, all be it ones handers that no one else really wants, after burning a load of DKP on 2x 2handers and the corresponding landslide enchants, quite a bit of gold gone up in smoke there. Feels wrong that they are willing to compensate MM hunters, when they are so far ahead of the pack, see Simcraft's latest global pass on classes:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/406-2...l#raid-summary

Yet they aren't prepared to throw TG a bone to keep it nicely in line with SMF, especially since the PTR brought them within almost 150DPS of one another.

+ Reply to Thread