+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

Is the "8% > Exp to 26 > Crit > Mastery > hit past 8% > haste" formula just for SMF or is it for TG as well, and if it's not for TG what is the formula for that?

should be the same for TG as well

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The simple stat priorities for SMF are:

STR > 8% hit > 6.5% expertise > crit > 27% hit > mastery > haste

The "advanced" stat priorities for SMG are:

STR > 8% hit > 6.5% expertise > crit > 8-13% hit => mastery > 27% hit > haste

TG stat priorities are:

STR > 8% hit > 6.5% expertise > crit > mastery > 27% hit > haste

Sources:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t110350-...now_ptr_notes/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7667312?page=1
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

So now with the changes coming in 4.1 how should we expect to be set up?

Im just going to assume everyone has seen all of the planned changes and notices they have mentioned so far for 4.1. its like we're getting jerked around.

(/reenactment) Blizz: "WOOPS messed up your spec sorry we'll get that fixed right up... WOOPS! lol messed up again, looks like its back to the drawing board roflmfao... golly gee, well we just can't make up our minds anymore." all wile we sit there -_- "yeah, you should probably go fix that".(/end reenactment)

Its hard to say where to start. i guess a good place would be :

STR > 8% hit > 26/26 expertise

After that id like to say Crit, then its anyone's guess. are we going back to hit? or maybe dare i say it, haste? b/c mastery sure as hell doesn't look good anymore by any means.

They say they want to even out the dmg for both TG and SMF, is that going to happen with the 40% dmg boast to our auto attacks?

I guess its a little early to be saying anything for sure but a idea of what is expected from someone much wiser would be nice.(or even some bs would be nice i guess, just someone talking about it really.)

At this time I'd be very hesitant about pulling any numbers or thinking of any changes.

The biggest reason is that as fast as the Flurry change was put in and pulled, this 40% Auto-Attack may very well be pulled too. I think Blizzard is trying to see where they can put the damage we will have lost due to the Mastery change that we had as well as a couple of other things they've tinkered with.

So far the Flurry one was probably a bit much but they're looking into most likely working on seeing if this will change. In a way, though, I don't know if this makes any sense. TGM said it in one of the threads: This is only going to bring up the debate between Hit vs Mastery and seeing how maybe getting more Hit will allow us to get more Heroic Strikes on the sole reason that our Auto Attacks could very well be stronger damage per second versus the increase in damage of Raging Blow by stacking Mastery.

In short, too many things are going silly right now on the PTR. I'd wait till the release build is closer and some changes are set in stone before worrying about it too much.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I have a question I have for some time what the best warrior rotation for fury, and is it worth to do macro on a button? ask for help

Read the first post in this threat. And no it's not worth to macro it to one button. Because of the procs. You don't want to use slam for example if you did not get a proc.

Well, I read all the posts only if this rotation is correct and how do I start the rotation from Colossus Smash

0.0-Colossus Smash
    1.5-Bloodthirst
    3.0-Raging Blow
    4.5-Bloodthirst
    6.0-Slam
    7.5-Bloodthirst
    9.0-Raging Blow
    10.5-Bloodthirst
    12.0-Slam
    13.5-Bloodthirst
    15.0-Raging Blow
    16.5-Bloodthirst
    18.0-Slam
    19.5-Bloodthirst
    21.0-go to 0.0 (Colossus Smash)

I just wanted to know what to do after the railways
    and the rotation you suggested to the multitarget
    Last edited by Adamus; 03-06-2011 at 08:47 AM.

English is obviously not your first language, so im trying to figure out what you want to know.

what do you mean by "railways?"

multi target dps should look like this

Inner rage -> cleave cleave cleave cleave cleave

right now WW isnt really worth using.

Im really unsure what you want to know about with the single target rotation. what you posted is pretty much it.

Should we even call it a rotation? Its more like a priority based system in my mind then a rotation.

CS -> always up
    BT and RB -> top priority
    Slam -> only when it procs
    HS -> use when 50-80 rage acquired or when everything is on cd
    Hthrow -> when ever the hell you want

Quote Originally Posted by Fraya View Post
    Should we even call it a rotation? Its more like a priority based system in my mind then a rotation.

CS -> always up
    BT and RB -> top priority
    Slam -> only when it procs
    HS -> use when 50-80 rage acquired or when everything is on cd
    Hthrow -> when ever the hell you want

dont heroic throw unless you are at range.
    But do start off with a heroic throw to reset your swing timer if you arent starting off the fight with a charge. for some reason its desyncing our weapon swings even if you have weapons with the same swing timer. heroic throw or intercept seems to fix it.

Thank you for your understanding for my english: D I know that is not my best side
    What is the addon that circle have said in this link???

http://img856.imageshack.us/i/20110306184922.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Adamus View Post
    Thank you for your understanding for my english: D I know that is not my best side
    What is the addon that circle have said in this link???

http://img856.imageshack.us/i/20110306184922.jpg/
    thats ghost: pulse

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    multi target dps should look like this

Inner rage -> cleave cleave cleave cleave cleave

right now WW isnt really worth using.
    It sounds good to use: Inner rage > cleave cleave cleave cleave, but is it assuming I am not going to spam cleave like crazy?
    Cause I am afraid I only can use few cleaves after inner rage, then I will become out of rage.

Also, with 3 stacks of Meat Cleaver, does WW still not that really worth to use (Although only have Max. 95% weapon damage)?
    Honestly, I am not happy with rogue and warlord's DPS when the AE time has come... I did all the best and all I can still under these two classes...

Quote Originally Posted by Adamus View Post
    I have a question I have for some time what the best warrior rotation for fury, and is it worth to do macro on a button? ask for help
    just me 2cent..

priority abilities:

- Heroic throw (sunder armor "1") {only at start OR u have nothing up}
    - sunder armor "2" (one time and one time only.. unless u have to build sunder armor again)
    - Colossus Smash (sunder armor "3")
    - Raging Blow (if its up)
    - Heroic strike (if rage +50 or u have battle shout/Berserker Rage is ready)
    - Slam (if and only if blood surge is up)
    - Bloodthirst if nothing.
    (Colossus smash as soon as its ready)

as u can see some ability only worth/can use if they proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongolo View Post
    just me 2cent..

priority abilities:

- Heroic throw (sunder armor "1") {only at start OR u have nothing up}
    - sunder armor "2" (one time and one time only.. unless u have to build sunder armor again)
    - Colossus Smash (sunder armor "3")
    - Raging Blow (if its up)
    - Heroic strike (if rage +50 or u have battle shout/Berserker Rage is ready)
    - Slam (if and only if blood surge is up)
    - Bloodthirst if nothing.
    (Colossus smash as soon as its ready)

as u can see some ability only worth/can use if they proc.
    what? idk why your setting him up for failure like this.. the rotation is right on page #1. what your suggesting is almost completely backwards.

you start off good with 2 sunders and a CS. But raging blow isnt the #1 priorety for either spec. BT is, and you have it all the way at the bottom... i dont know why..

Heroic strike just sucks.. idk why you have this above BT or even in the priority at all. as this should ONLY be used to burn off extra rage.

Slam proc's are next to useless as TG and still should only be used if you dont have anything up, and wont for the next 1.5 seconds. the same goes for SMF unless the person in question has next to no mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiana View Post
    It sounds good to use: Inner rage > cleave cleave cleave cleave, but is it assuming I am not going to spam cleave like crazy?
    Cause I am afraid I only can use few cleaves after inner rage, then I will become out of rage.

Also, with 3 stacks of Meat Cleaver, does WW still not that really worth to use (Although only have Max. 95% weapon damage)?
    Honestly, I am not happy with rogue and warlord's DPS when the AE time has come... I did all the best and all I can still under these two classes...

While inner rage is up use Cleave on CD. I would actually suggest building up 3 meat cleaver stacks, then hitting inner rage and spamming cleave, to get the max out of it.

Don't heroic throw unless you are at range.
    But do start off with a heroic throw to reset your swing timer if you arent starting off the fight with a charge. for some reason its desyncing our weapon swings even if you have weapons with the same swing timer. heroic throw or intercept seems to fix it.
    O, that's a interesting tidbit. Ill have to try and make sure to start off my fights with HT from now on. And thanks for the advice on the 3 cleaves -> inner rage, ill have to edit my macro. I never thought of that, duh.
    Is everyone enjoying the Ca-tack-a-lisim? are you playing as a wor-gen? or a Goblin?

what? idk why your setting him up for failure like this.. the rotation is right on page #1. what your suggesting is almost completely backwards.

you start off good with 2 sunders and a CS. But raging blow isnt the #1 priorety for either spec. BT is, and you have it all the way at the bottom... i dont know why..

Heroic strike just sucks.. idk why you have this above BT or even in the priority at all. as this should ONLY be used to burn off extra rage.

Slam proc's are next to useless as TG and still should only be used if you dont have anything up, and wont for the next 1.5 seconds. the same goes for SMF unless the person in question has next to no mastery.

first of slam, raging blow and heroic stike has conditions to be used, if the conditions are met its always BT (which is most of the time what i use)
    2nd, raging blow dont suck! its the highest dmg but lower proc rate, and higher recast.
    3rd the good thing about heroic stike is it doesnt share the global cooldown.

I like to think of bloodthirst as my spam button. I hit it every chance I can. Having 13%+ mastery determines if you prioritize RB>Slam for SMF, but for TG you should always use RB>slam. Heroic strike usage varies slightly depending on spec. For SMF you can use it with about 65+ rage. For TG you need around 80+ rage. HS still hits hard, especially with incite procs. If you can pool some rage for CS and get something like this HS, BT, Slam, RB, HS in for the CS timer it helps your overall dps as well as saving cooldowns for CS such as deathwish, trinkets, or recklessness. If you are bad at the rotation or you are low on crit having 8-13% hit helps SMF. If you are a pro then 8% hit is perfectly fine.

+ Reply to Thread