+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

So from waht i can understand now that 406 is inc is that i should reforge my haste to mastery, keep the mastery i got alrdy and run along with lower hit.
    It's not a viable option to reforge away crit as long as you stay on about 15%?

Making priority something like: Expertise 26/26> Hit 8% > Strenght > Crit 15% > mastery > Hit 8%+ > Crit 15%+ > haste

now i am well aware that the hit/haste is focused on rage regeneration and is purely a question about how much you feel you need to blow off the rotation, but i honestly don't see the need to have more than let's say 10% hit now that HS more or less is going away.

TGM, im hoping for a fully Updated 4.0.6 update in the old fashiened "plug and play" style

Great work mate.

Will mastery be as good for SMF as it will be for TG? Seems like slam will have higher priority than RB with SMF, but slam is not affected directly by mastery like RB is. Or is it still basically the same because essentially, we'll still be hitting virtually every RB cd and bloodsurge proc anyway?

my gut feeling is that mastery is slightly devalued for SMF becuase the total quantity of RB damage damage gained from mastery will be less, though that being said SMF's ability damage with slam and BT is higher than TG so mastery's effect on enrage and what not might offset the lessened effect on RB. either way mastery's value will be relatively the same for both specs,

also there really isn't a whole lot for me to change in my guide, everything except maybe the stat priorities should be fine, and because my stat priorities section is really really broad, I could probably leave it as is and be fine with it.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I changed so many things tonight, I don't have an accurate measure of my dps. I went from TG with 2 346 Whitefin Axes to SMF with 359 epics, regemmed meta and 10 other gems, reforged a ton of gear. I should have done some test dummy trials before switching spec, but didn't have time before raid. I seem to be doing more dps than before, I hope so, I should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    I changed so many things tonight, I don't have an accurate measure of my dps. I went from TG with 2 346 Whitefin Axes to SMF with 359 epics, regemmed meta and 10 other gems, reforged a ton of gear. I should have done some test dummy trials before switching spec, but didn't have time before raid. I seem to be doing more dps than before, I hope so, I should be.
    Hum the general idea pre 4.0.6 was already to go with the pair of weapons with higher ilvl, either SMF or TG didn't mattered there. You should have done more dps with SMF before and now the difference must be even bigger

The only real advantage of TG in 333/346 gear was the access to more rating. Eg dual Foe Reaper, human racial and an exp trinket and you were capped.
    Last edited by klausi; 02-08-2011 at 07:42 PM.

so i changed everything and refoged to follow :

Making priority something like: Expertise 26/26> Hit 8% > Strenght > Crit 15% > mastery > Hit 8%+ > Crit 15%+ > haste

got 18%crit, 11% hit , experties 26, haste 8% and mastery 15% but my dps is much lower now about 5k lower and rage starved all the time even with haste flas and food not sure whats wrong. oh well i will keep testing

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Hum the general idea pre 4.0.6 was already to go with the pair of weapons with higher ilvl, either SMF or TG didn't mattered there. You should have done more dps with SMF before and now the difference must be even bigger

The only real advantage of TG in 333/346 gear was the access to more rating. Eg dual Foe Reaper, human racial and an exp trinket and you were capped.
    I just got Lava Spine tonight, so just had Claws of Agony OH. And 2 346 axes with good stats when I'm a warrior was pretty nice.

(with battleshout)
    I'm at 9481 AP, 6.89% haste, 14.76% hit (with 3% talent), 26 expertise, 10.44 mastery, 20.17% crit. I lost a ton of hit re-gemming from purple and blue str/hit, hit gems to str and str/hit and from some reforging. I'm reluctant to drop even more hit until I'm more comfortable.

so im sitting at 26/26, 9% hit, 20.25%crit, and 15.57 mastery.. dps is definitely higher, went from around 11-12k on dummy with 19%hit to about 17-18k since the patched dropped

Quote Originally Posted by artiev View Post
    so im sitting at 26/26, 9% hit, 20.25%crit, and 15.57 mastery.. dps is definitely higher, went from around 11-12k on dummy with 19%hit to about 17-18k since the patched dropped
    would u mind posting your armory link so i can se ur reforge/gem setup to give me an idea i cant get past 12/13k on dummy when i was doing 15/16k before patch. thanks

Please people, when you report your stats add Str and haste. Maybe even an item level number. It will be much easier for others to compere their dps on dummy.

What about gems, I for one can figure out what to put in a blue slot any suggestion?

Str/Hit

Well if the socket bonus is 10 str that would give me total of 30 str and 20 hit instead of 40 str which I consider better?

You're losing 10 strength for 20 hit, which hit still is a decent stat Casz. You're getting two increased instead of one.

Instead of thinking you're getting 40 strength, think of it as losing 20 hit.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I still think for SMF the incite build might be better. I'm able to hit HS above 50 rage with no rage starvation. I don't think Deep wounds does enough of my damage and HS still hits hard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will tonight. Here is my armory in case you have questions about stats:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iolio/advanced

ok let me put more info:

ilvl 355 (no pvp gear)
    haste: 8.39%
    Hit: 12.17%
    crit: 17.01% (without BS)
    Exp: 26
    Mastery 13.85

i got a bit better dps but not like i had before patch mu armory link is:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kamiell/simple

changed a few gems and reforged again but i fell like i rage starve all the time now and my dps is just...ugh

i use the same rotation mention here not using HS at all

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiell View Post
    so i changed everything and refoged to follow :

Exp26/Hit8% should be fairly equal now, with hit 8% maybe still slightly ahead.

26exp removes what, 8.5% chance of being dodged, 8% hit removes 8% chance of missing (assuming correct DPS placement). But rage is generated on dodged/parried attacks, not on misses, so when *having* to choose between being dodged or missing, I think I'd prefer being dodged. At least that way I still get some rage.

I don't understand why crit @ 15% is a brightline and how hit from 8.01-27% would be more valuable than crit >15%?

I think TGM's right when he said things haven't changed much...

Hit 8% > 26 XP > a little bit more hit until rage is good > Str > Crit > Mastery > hit past comfortable with rage gen > haste

Haste is still such a crappy rating :-/ And it's on everything it feels like.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

when i tried 8% hit only i was standing there swinging and getting no rage for several ocasions not sure why so i went back up to 12% hit lossing mastery and crit also when i have less than 7 haste seems to be like my toon idles for to long before it swings giving me again rage problems.

i dont think my gear is that bad but i do think im messing up somewere in my stat balance.

i havent tried 8 hit.. i keep it around 9ish. i do miss alot but the rage regen is of no concern at all. just make sure u get crit and mastery up as much as u can. the crit hits should take care of the rage.

+ Reply to Thread