+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

it's not a 35% nerf.

Currently HS hits for 8+0.75*ap

the flat 20% nerf means it will be:

0.8*(8+.075*ap) = 6.4+0.60*ap

currently there are 3 DIM's that affect HS's damage: berserker stance(10%) Dual wield specialization (10%), and war academy(15%).

1.1*1.1*1.15 = 1.3915
    take out the 1.15 and you get
    1.1*1.1=1.21

when you distribute the coefficient, you can basically say that the current HS hits for 104.36% of your AP, and the "nerfed" HS will hit for 72.6% of your AP, which is a reduction of 31.7625%

bla bla bla bla bla. we all knew this was coming, this change isn't absurd or out of line at all. HS being our second hardest hitting ability behind RB was obviously not intended as it goes against blizzards philosophy of how the ability should work. making HS cost 20 rage would also go against this philosophy so I highly doubt they would ever consider doing that. regardless of what it will do to our DPS this change is necessary.

as for this nerfs effect on itemization, it does nothing. our goal is still to fill the GCD table, and get as many HS uses after that by maximizing rage generation.

As for mastery, it still sucks.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I'm pretty stoked about the changes to meta gems. Not only that the physical DPS ones requiring 3 red gems to activate but also the new Str + 3% Crit dmg is just what we've been waiting for.

As far as the nerfs to PVE on HS and Cleave, well... we'll cope with it. Nobody's happy about it but at least we expected it.

We still get to wear plate and can take a beating.

Managed to get corefire legplates

Have not equipped them yet.
    They are good i guess, but the 2 yellow slots suck on it imo.
    So should i use or AH it?
    And if i use it should i gem it with?

Since 40 strength is not possible, unless i ignore the bonus.
    I could put hit in them ofc.

On another note, where there unmentioned changes to warriors during one of the last hot fixes?
    My warrior feels different somehow, dps dropped also.
    And from what i can tell he is attacking slower.
    As if one of the stats where changed or something.
    Last edited by Yves; 01-08-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

Have not equipped them yet.
    They are good i guess, but the 2 yellow slots suck on it imo.
    So should i use or AH it?
    And if i use it should i gem it with?

Since 40 strength is not possible, unless i ignore the bonus.
    I could put hit in them ofc.

On another note, where there unmentioned changes to warriors during one of the last hot fixes?
    The socket bonus is not that great anyway in my opinion, so put 2 Strength gems in there and be happy. And +Hit gems are blue these days, just so you know.

The legs are pretty good, and I think they are in the top two spots for the leg slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

I concur, something has changed. I went from having my Rage constant, swings fast and hard hits to, where's my rage? Where's my frequent Battle Trance procs? Where's my Bloodsurge procs? Where'd all my dps go?

The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of Battle Trance and Bloodsurge procs. My gear didn't change at all from the day I was doing 12-14k dps, to suddenly now at 9-10k. Is there anybody else who can confirm this? I have not seen anything regarding this on the Hot Fix notes. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Macar View Post
    The socket bonus is not that great anyway in my opinion, so put 2 Strength gems in there and be happy. And +Hit gems are blue these days, just so you know.

The legs are pretty good, and I think they are in the top two spots for the leg slot.
    Yah i was considering that at first also.
    i can also add str/crit or crit/hit and getting the socket bonus(even though imo its worthless atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Icosiol View Post
    I concur, something has changed. I went from having my Rage constant, swings fast and hard hits to, where's my rage? Where's my frequent Battle Trance procs? Where's my Bloodsurge procs? Where'd all my dps go?

The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of Battle Trance and Bloodsurge procs. My gear didn't change at all from the day I was doing 12-14k dps, to suddenly now at 9-10k. Is there anybody else who can confirm this? I have not seen anything regarding this on the Hot Fix notes. Thank you.
    Yup, that's exactly what i being noticing.

Posts like these are worthless without providing evidence. All they result in is people like the poster above going YEA THATS HAPPENING TO ME TOO, whereas a dps drop of 4k like you say would definitly be noticed by more people. Would love to see evidence of this happening though. Personally my dps hasnt changed at all and ive remained competitive.

I am using SMF, and while I would not say that I am competititve vs. for example Rogues, SV Hunters or Mages, my DPS has definately not gone down.

That said, I think Fury needs a little fine tuning in view of the upcoming changes in 4.0.6. We were alright, but now it seems we will get a slight nerf, which is not needed. A slight buff somewhere would make up for the lost damage to HS.

Personally I would love if they did something with Inner Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by rosseli View Post
    Posts like these are worthless without providing evidence. All they result in is people like the poster above going YEA THATS HAPPENING TO ME TOO, whereas a dps drop of 4k like you say would definitly be noticed by more people. Would love to see evidence of this happening though. Personally my dps hasnt changed at all and ive remained competitive.
    Really troll? I'm merely confirming that on my end I'm noticing a similar change as to what the poster stated. I don't have charts and graphs and nor am I a math wiz to figure this stuff out, which is why I and many others come here to learn what we can't mathematically figure out for ourselves. We're not saying, "Hey this is fact." We're saying we're seeing a change and we'd like confirmation. Nothing wrong with that on these forums. It's what they're here for.

Really troll? I'm merely confirming that on my end I'm noticing a similar change as to what the poster stated. I don't have charts and graphs and nor am I a math wiz to figure this stuff out, which is why I and many others come here to learn what we can't mathematically figure out for ourselves. We're not saying, "Hey this is fact." We're saying we're seeing a change and we'd like confirmation. Nothing wrong with that on these forums. It's what they're here for.

I heard there might these things called logs.

As was i just merely stating that having a dps drop of 4k based on absolutely nothing doesnt help the forums.

Why do I feel when I play my Fury Warrior that I run out of buttons to press and I'm sitting here going...what now?

Every time I go do an instance, I sit there and watch as only two buttons are up: Colossal Smash (Which is on a 20 second cd) or Bloodthirst. I'm finding that Raging Blow is not often enough up, which really puts a hole in the things to do. Also, I'm getting little rage incoming which is severely limiting my ability to Heroic strike and at this point, with the nerf impending, I'm not really worried about it.

What bugs me is Slam. I honestly think 30% is still too low. It's not always up. If it was 50%, I would feel better. Heck, I would rather Slam just be always active any time you hit Blood Thirst. It would add another attack to my rotation and one that is actually yanno...there instead of sitting for Bloodthirst to come back and hope for a proc.

Look, I can understand they don't want us enraged all the time. I can get that. What I don't get is Slam, our other ability, is not always up. Which irritates me to no end cause you really have *two* buttons only that are going to be always reliable. And one's on a 20 second cooldown.

Just ranting a little bit. My DPS is around 10k but I'm not happy about it. It just feels limiting to me.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Which abilities does Mastery impact? I'm still confused about this part, is it just enrage-based abilities (RB, IR) or is it all abilities?

Fury certainly does seem to have gone the opposite way as other classes, to a far less dynamic/interactive rotation.

Krenian, what's your hit/haste/crit and are you TG or SMF?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Honestly, I know why it's like that, the problem is that when you're that low level, you're still being pushed a bit by not having anything to do.

Am only Ilvl 340 with my gearset as SMF. Hardly acceptable and I haven't even jumped into raiding. I've only really noticed this in heroics but again, this is from a skewed situation. Personal gripe more than anything really:

16.24 including precision in hit
    6.97 haste
    12.80 crit.

All of it abysmally low. I had no problems capping my stats in wrath and bc and vanilla but this time it's just..the 27% hit requirement is rough. It's making the rest of my stats suffer a bit.

Tankspot Moderator

Yeah, it's kinda been going from the oldest kid in t-ball to the youngest in little league with the target hit ~20% range - If they plan to raise rating requirements per % like they've discussed (I haven't seen them say they've abandoned it directly nor that they plan to) - Fury is going to be rough every major patch as rating points plummet.

I wonder if they will do something like they do for casters, who only need 17% hit to hard cap, giving Fury some high tree ability that will convert 25/50% of their expertise into hit as well (e.g. for 26 exp 1/2 gives 6.5% hit, or 2/2 13% hit). Or maybe give 50%/100% of all hit as expertise as well. Can't tell you how jealous I am of casters who get 100% of their spirit (which they need for resource management) as hit too! XD Oh well.

Having one of the highest priority ratings be a pure resource generation ability (okay, not quite pure, a few more white hits), just feels wrong.

Fury Mastery affects only abilities requiring or generating rage - which would be:
    Raging Blows
    Beserking Rage
    Inner Rage
    Recklessness

Right, or am I forgetting an ability that requires/causes you to be enraged?

So really, with mastery only affecting RB (because I can't see anyone hitting the rage generation needed to sustain Inner Rage without sacrificing rage-dump HS which is > than a 15% increase I would think).

I'm asking because I didn't see in TGM's guide, because there's no Dummy FAQ questions.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

You know what Loganisis? I like that idea. I really do like it:

Place Expertise in there and put a talent in Fury that allows you to convert your Expertise to a certain amount of points into Hit. Even 25% would be nice. I would seriously suggest that you go and suggest this in the forums. This might be a really good thing to let the Devs listen to. I might ping the idea off actually to a couple people in the forums.

You pretty much nailed it: Not many of our abilities are affected by the mastery. That's why Mastery is pretty much crap. You wanna avoid using it and that's about it. It only affects three skills honestly, and you're forgetting Death Wish btw. It does affect it. However these are all bigger type CDs. The problem is that it just isn't worth putting points in Mastery because we need so much hit to deal with that. Your idea however to use Expertise is a decent one. I'm floating with Expertise right now that I can't get rid of.

Honestly, it's going to suck for a lil bit until we can figure some way to get to the max of our hit ratio and start building up on our other stats. I'm really annoyed at the fact that we're so low stat wise but it was to be expected.

Tankspot Moderator

It's more related to survival than dps (and thus doesn't make mastery any better for PvE Fury), but mastery also increases healing from Enraged Regen. With 10.05 mastery, my Enraged Regen heals 53% of my total health over 10 secs, so it's a quite nice HoT for soloing Problim or surviving a bit longer in Tol Barad.

So yeah, 5 abilities, one of them useless (Inner Rage), one of the a HoT. Real impressive dps stat that mastery.

I would like to see mastery increase the chance of a bloodsurge proc. That would add a bit more to a stagnant rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Honestly, I know why it's like that, the problem is that when you're that low level, you're still being pushed a bit by not having anything to do.

Am only Ilvl 340 with my gearset as SMF. Hardly acceptable and I haven't even jumped into raiding. I've only really noticed this in heroics but again, this is from a skewed situation. Personal gripe more than anything really:

16.24 including precision in hit
    6.97 haste
    12.80 crit.

All of it abysmally low. I had no problems capping my stats in wrath and bc and vanilla but this time it's just..the 27% hit requirement is rough. It's making the rest of my stats suffer a bit.
    At such low rating for crit, crit can be more worth than hit, according to Simulationcraft anyway.

Thank you for a great guide TGM!

i have a request or so.

On the fron page, the inital post you made with all the nifty stuff, incl some usefull macros.
    Would it be possible to add some Power Auras links to usefull stuff like battle trance etc?

i have for two dasy now tried to configure it because warriors now have beame a more and more proc relying class, but i jsut lack the skills to sucess. everytime i try i get the icon up non stop and it dont work nomather how i tweak it ><

also would be nice to include the stack for fury o angerforge (trinket).

now i know this is a lot to ask, but im just hoping for a late X-mas present

keep up the good work mate!

Something about mastery.
    I have 906 mastery rating to my warrior http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../coukos/simple
    I made some tries to dummies with this 906 mastery and without.
    Without 906 mastery ratting I have 121% dmg plus 17 % when enraged and gives me total 138%
    With 906 mastery ratting i get 20 % more to a total of 141% dmg, so 906 mastery ratting gives me 3 % increase dmg wich is almost 300 mastery ratting = 1% increase dmg when enraged, Acoording to maxdps my enrage time is arround 84%. So 300 mastery = 1% X 83/100 = 0.83 dmg increase
    Lets say that instead of 300 mastery i will go for 300 hit = 2.5 % chance to hit. This hit will affect only my white dps which is arround 25% of my total dmg, So with 300 hit i get 2.5% x 25% = 0.625 % increase dmg + more rage.
    So if u have enough hit to keep a stedy and nice rotation seems that mastery is better.
    Please if someone undestand the mechanism and i'm mistaken post some lines to inform me.
    Thx a lot

+ Reply to Thread