+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

I'd say to still go with crit over haste. Higher flurry uptime is pretty noticeable for both damage and rage generation.

crit = more dmg + flurry = 25% haste

for me its crit > haste

Crit will be higher than haste but as the guide says, you should really not underplay haste's value here.

You want to get a decent amount of haste which will smoothen and generate your rage. Hit and Haste are almost similar however hit is better in the scheme of things for DPS. I will fully admit that Crit is better after the rage is smoothened out however until we are able to get to the 27% hit cap, haste will probably be better.

But to each their own. If you guys see better results with Crit over Haste no matter what, then by all means go that way.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I am personally still a bit lost also.
    my DPS is ok ish, in raids i can make around 15k

But i have a feeling my rage regen is causing some problems.
    I also decided not to use HS but instead use Cleave.

If haste if my issue or not i have no idea.
    current stats are something like

haste 9.22
    hit 13.34
    crit 15.56
    expertise 26/26
    mastery 12.36

average ilvl 348

I think my hast is to much already on those settings, i reforged a bit to get more hast.
    Just to see if my rage problem was solved but it wasnt, my dps went down also, because i removed hit to add haste.
    Last edited by Yves; 12-31-2010 at 03:21 AM.

what's the oppinion on using the new conquest weapons btw, i just picked up the axe and started using it for my fury set too. i've got a choice of Akirus, the deadmines hc mace and the conquest axe with orc expertise racial.

Unless I missed something in your numbers or the EJ post you took the theory from, I don't think your Incite numbers are taking into account the increase in Flurry procs. Since Flurry uptime is such a big deal, doesn't it make more sense to go 3/3 Incite than 3/3 DW?

A more skilled warrior than I could even save Incite procs to occasionally force a Flurry just as his previous one fell off, though of course using HS for Battle Trance or even just a rage dump would be a higher priority.

Incite really isn't that great compared to DW. You'd have to play pretty much perfectly for it to be as good as a 3rd point in DW. Like you said, saving your Incite for when flurry falls or saving it for after a CS. But even then it's way too unreliable and Incite only lasts for 10 seconds. Basically it's just a lot of RNG and perfect play, even if the RNG happens to go your way.

Forcing a flurry with incite doesn't seem all that viable to me, because it would either result in me rage running the risk of rage starving my self, or I would have enough rage and would be using HS anyway for the extra damage.

That being said in hindsight I realize that I forgot to account for CS uptimes in my calculations, and that could definitely alter the results. Modeling incites effect on flurry uptimes is a bit more tricky, and I am still trying to figure out a "simple" method for determining hits per 3 swing periods, if anyone happens to know how to do this it would help me immensely.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

So what im gettin is that my hit should be 8% and exp at 26. So what is this hit 27% thing? im gettin confused on that part.

8% is the cap for your yellow special abilities. 27% is the hit cap for all normal white attacks (assuming your dual wielding).

ahh ok so only after you have your expertise at 26 and yellow hit cap'd should you push for the 27% correct?

Pretty much Wulfkry.

You wanna push to 27% as it will give you the most DPS boost after you have capped your hit at 8% and your expertise at 26. Strength becomes slightly better than Hit but Hit will allow you to get more Rage and simply allow you to do more attacks in a round due to the excess rage you would get.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Thanks for the guide. Not far off from what I've been doing. Glad to see the dismissal of inner rage. That skill needs to be redone bigtime (remove the rage penalty?), I haven't even put inner rage on a toolbar yet. For myself, gemming, I've been putting str+hit purple gems in all red slots, +40 hit gems in blue/prismatic slots, str+crit in yellow slots. This is enough to keep the blue > red for the meta.

Also (I apologize for my noobness with Cata mechanics), how *does* rage generation work now? Normalized for all swings, and damage done is irrelevant? So if I have a tier 13 500ilvl 2h it will generate the same rage as a 333 wep? And how is HS strike damage calculated? Sorry, I've been playing my war for 5 years, and I know all the pre-Cata mechanics like the back of my hand, but I have simply not had any time to actually do the Cata research.

I have been able to use Inner Rage during Blood Lust phases. I also read that using Inner Rage during execute phase is a good idea since only the base rage cost of Execute is increased and not the extra rage.

I have a question about expertise though. Since my warrior is an orc, I have an axe in MH and a mace offhand, which gives me 26/23 expertise. Should I bother to raise my offhand to 26 expertise?

Which chant would u think its better now (not counting Landslide ) berzerker , Hurricane or avalanche considering ilvl of 352ish gear

I feel like this is not entirely accurate

Shouldn’t we use slam every time we get a Bloodsuge proc instead of using procs after every second BT?
    Nope.

Why?

When you delay the use of the 2nd BT, you get a rotation that looks like this:

0.0 BT
    1.5 RB
    3.0 Slam
    4.5 BT (-1/2 BT)
    6.0 Slam
    7.5 RB (BT comes off CD)
    9.0 BT(-1/2 BT)
    Etc.

By delaying the 2nd BT, you actually end up losing a full BT every time this happens, and because the potential gain is only 1 extra slam, which hits for less that BT, it is a DPS loss to delay the use of the 2nd BT.
    What about the extra rage you gain by using a free slam instead of a BT? In my experience, this almost always = a heroic strike.

So I disagree where you say the potential gain is only 1 extra slam. I feel like the potential gain is a slam + heroic strike, which is definitely more damage then a single blood thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiell View Post
    Which chant would u think its better now (not counting Landslide ) berzerker , Hurricane or avalanche considering ilvl of 352ish gear
    Hurricane seems to be the consensus

Is there any change to stat priority with the new buff to Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Face-ache View Post
    Is there any change to stat priority with the new buff to Mastery?
    Not to mention the massive 35% nerf to HS

Does this mean it is no longer viable to try to stack hit? Just when I was starting to love my rage generation and really feel comfortable with my gemming =(

Yeah, why'd they have to double hit HS? Should just start with taking it out of the 15% talent, not ALSO give it 20% on top of that. Yes, HS hits hard, but it costs 30 rage compared to max 20 for all other attacks, so damage per rage cost is not as big as it seems.

+ Reply to Thread