+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    it's because he linked it to a donor only forum thread
    Doh! Just have it in my bookmarks of awesome information, never thought about it. LOL

Order would be by what you need most.

Quote Originally Posted by Enable View Post
    I don't really ever have excess rage but I always have rage to keep up the rotation every 1.5 seconds. The benefit is that when there is excess rage it takes care of it automatically. I'm just curious if I should save Heroic Strike for my trance when it procs or keep it macro'd.
    I have a feeling that if you checked your parses and checked your ability usage efficiency, this would not always be the case.

Macro'ing HS to abilities is a gamble, it will either simply make you not need to hit your HS button that time, or it will hurt your DPS because you will hit HS when you shouldn't. there really isn't a good reason to do this unless you happen to have 100% HSF, which you don't

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

one thing i noticed about glyph of colossus smash.

if there are no sunders, it does nothing
    if there is 1, or 2 sunders, it adds a stack
    if there is 3, it simply refreshes.

so it's possible, for you to start a fight by heroic throwing, sundering once, then colossus smashing to get 3/3 sunders without having to waste a gcd. the more warriors you have in the group, the faster this can happen =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I just wanted to share my philosophy on gemming/enchanting/reforging to this thread. Basically I ranked the various enhanceing stats in order of importance with the following lists.

Enchanting/Gemming
    1. Hit
    2. Expertise
    3. Strength
    4. Critical Strike
    5. Mastery

(notice haste is not on this list.)

Reforging (if not hit/exp capped)
    1. Hit
    2. Expertise
    3. Critical Strike
    4. Mastery
    5. Haste

Reforging (if hit/exp capped)
    1. Critical Strike
    2. Mastery
    3. Hit
    4. Haste
    5. Expertise

After this I enchant/gem all my gear using the ranking list. If I am hit and expertise capped, I move down to the next important stat available for enhancing my gear. Then I move on to reforging where (depending on if I am hit/exp capped at this point) I reforge each item to drop the least important stat available to the most important stat available.

There might be items that I dont reforge, I might have to regem or reenchant an item or two, and there might be other variations to this method as I progress through gearing up but this is just my basic philosophy on enhancing your stats.
    Last edited by Hogshank; 12-22-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Heys, guys loving my warrior at the moment, doing great dps, but i have a question, i can NOT get landslide at the moment, its not available on my server, and will probably cost 10k when it is.

I think alot of people gonna be asking this question too, and i can't find the answer anywhere, most people just say do what ever you feel like, but i need a scientific answer please :P

The question is Berserking vs, Avalanche vs Hurricane vs Pyrium weapon chain (hit) for my fury weapon enchants, which one will give me the most dps? at the moment i use weapon chain and berserk, but gota new weapon ( still a blue, not worth spending on much), what shall i put on it for best dps? My guts tells me Hurricane, because 2 attack power = about 0.8 haste right in terms of fury dps right?

EDIT : added in the NOT, didnt have that there before lol, which would make my post make no sense at all.
    Last edited by Krays; 12-22-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

Lots of people are actually really liking Hurricane. They see a pretty decent jump in their DPS by using double Hurricane so there's a viable alternative.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Hogshank View Post
    Reforging (if hit/exp capped)
    1. Critical Strike
    2. Mastery
    3. Hit
    4. Haste
    5. Expertise
    Sorry, but to be blunt, this is just incorrect. Hit (8%) > Expertise (26) > Hit (27%) > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

So it's more like (If Hit 8% and Expertise 26):
    1. Hit
    2. Crit
    3. Haste
    4. Mastery

Our mastery isn't that good, it just isn't. Mastery and haste are pretty close DPS wise, but not only does haste pull slightly ahead, it also allows a smoother rotation due to more incoming rage. There's no reason to prioritize mastery above haste, and especially not above hit.

@Krays: Go double hurricane.

Great Guide. Look forward to discussing the beast that is the Fury warrior with you all in the future .
    Avenge - Thunderlord

Do people feel Elementium Deathplate is worth it over the JP chest?

After comparing the stats it seemed a sidegrade at best if not a downgrade so wondering other peoples views for a fury warr

The thinking behind hit (8%) > expt (26) > hit (27%) > crit

Is what I was thinking was going to be best but I would strongly recommend checking out elitist jerks current thinking. You see our crit numbers early on as fury even with the built in talents are actually low enough that it's common for flurry to fall off of the target. This lack of flurry is actually resulting in dps dros that are very significant due to the lack of rage we are generating. This is why a lot of recommendations are to get crit after hit and expertise soft cap until you reach a level where flurry is near guaranteed over 3 hits.

Now I don't think I actually read at what % crit this takes place at but it also includes the built in crit numbers you're getting from whatever talents you have. Once you are over this % then you may continue to stack hit to 27%.

Now this is in reference to the particular section when speaking of reforging. According to the posts I have read up on, it is important to remember that once you have hit and expertise soft caps that the biggest dps gains are going to come from strength wherever possible. This means gems and enchants that give strength are more favorable than once that give another stat. I know that I got caught up in thenquest for hit too much to notice the important detail at first and just wanted to point it out more clearly.

If anyone has discovered something contrary to anything above I'd appreciate a heads up.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

Hurricane over Avalanche? since in my server nobody can do Landslide still sadly?

Yes Hurricane is better the Avalanche imo, i have not had any good results using Avalanche compared to Hurricane.

Hurricane is by far better than avalanche.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Ok so I was using Hurricane but I went back to Berzerker much bigger effect for me at this time. Landslide is just not possible yet plus doubt if I would put that enchant on a 346 blue weapon at this time. Might switch once I get my hit higher and closer to 27%.

Tman

Today i got Lava Slide http://www.wowhead.com/item=59333 from my 10 man and im wondering if there is any info on the use of SMF. Mainly is it an equivalent dps output as TG?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfkry View Post
    Today i got Lava Slide http://www.wowhead.com/item=59333 from my 10 man and im wondering if there is any info on the use of SMF. Mainly is it an equivalent dps output as TG?
    In my experience pretty much the same DPS, maybe even a bit higher - like 1-2 percent. Sorry I do not have any logs or sreenshots to confirm this statement.

The theorycrafting also seems to support my experience (even though at this stage theorycrafting is shaky). Both Simulationcraft and maxdps.com show a slight increase with SMF over TG with similar level gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfkry View Post
    with my testing titan's grip does slightly better dps up until the boss hits 20% and sub 20% SMF does slightly more. TG comes out ahead by such a slight margin that theres no need to prioritize TG over SMF and just go with which ever you have the better weapons for

Are slow 2 H still better for fury? im was wondering since haste now becomes an semi important thing fur us. And Also anyone else having a hell of a time getting to 27% hit? im in a few epics and all heroic blues and im at 17.70% with most hit gems and reforging to hit and my experties is at 26 and crit at 17% and haste only at 8.86% i fell like im not getting even close in any of the stats to be of use in raids my dps in heroics gors from 10K to 15k dependin on grp combo but i fell like i have lost the picture on the right stat balancing even understanding the:

Hit(till 8%) > Expertise(till 26) > Strength > Hit(till 27%)> Haste(till rage gain is consistent)> Crit > Mastery > Haste

cant even get close in any of the stats

I was wondering how many strength is needed before you reforge for 27% hit? And does anyone have an idea how many haste you should be aiming for after 27% hitcap?

Hit(till 8%) > Expertise(till 26) > Strength > Hit(till 27%)> Haste(till rage gain is consistent)> Crit > Mastery > Haste

At this point, with the gearlevel you will get, you will most likely not be able to get to those caps. If you do, you will be hurting some of your other stats big time.

This is why you will see some places suggest that you only go for around 20 to 22% hit and leave the 5% miss chance there for white damage. This should give you enough rage generation to allow smooth rotations without too many times seeing rage issues.

After that, you can work on your other stats. Notably, expertise should be easy enough to get to. My character's sitting with 29 expertise and I honestly just did a bit of reforging to get that. Once you get those two numbers, the rest is easy enough.

A small hint I would tell you guys: Gem for double stats. Strength and Hit will definitely be the gem to look at which I believe, if my memory serves me correctly, is a purple gem. Etched if I recall.

Loading up with those gems + working around the reforging should give you some help and not sacrifice your damage too much due to boosting your strength slightly. Hit and Strength are so comparable together that boosting the both of them up together is your best bet.

My suggestion for stats is this:

Hit to 8%
    Expertise to 26.

Those two are non negociable.

At this point, once you got this, boost up your Hit and Strength equally. This will allow your hits to strike harder and your rage to smoothen up and give you better chunks. At some point, if you cannot get either strength or Hit, go with haste to help out the smoothing of rage.

Crit and mastery will be your last things. Get rid of mastery asap on your gear, it's damn near pointless to worry about it. It is the prime stat, including crit, to change to either hit or haste.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread