+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cata Priest Healing

eh go for it, treat yourself and get the trinket. Youve been collecting slow VPs this long you deserve something. When you get into raids VPs will come much more quickly and THEN you can decide what to start saving for. The ring is a good idea as well since you can use it in both healing and dps specs.

Flash heal is great and all but its an emergency heal imo. You may be able to use it now, but if you get into the habit of using it, youll find yourself having to change up what youre doing now. I cast heal ALOT. Its my main spell. Every now and then ill toss in a flash heal or two, proc the faster heal on Greater Heal, use it and go back to Heal.

Seriously tho if youre spamming flash with no issues then youve got some great regen. Just dont get used to it.

Also the star trinket is nice, however I found that the Blood of Isiet and then Tear of Blood were two of the greatest trinkets ever. I would work on getting both of those into your slots while youre trying to get the VP trinket. Blood of Isiet is just badass (for the level of course)

Oh BTW I got that backwards...TEAR OF BLOOD I think is the better of the two. Esp for the intel.

Awesome thanks!!! Yeah my regen isnt bad at all right now, i still have mana left at the end of boss fights in the new heroics which is good unless its a horrible grp then i find myself having to use my fiend and hymn of hope. I got the darkmoon intell card and still using the sea star unless i find a better upgrade, my healing rotation now is bubble of course (since mana is so high on it the only person that gets it is tank or if im doing the bear boss in za then whoever is fixing to take the hit gets it cause it causes no damage to be taken i love that) prayer of mending my penance then my flash of heal or greater healer with i use inner focus, i also use my prayer of healing with power infusion and i got love that, specialy since now it gives divine ageis to everyone that it heals. I'm def loving my priest again since i have gotten better gear and my rotation is a lot nicer there for a while 1 trash pull would put me oom and i think my regen is over 2k in combat maybe 2400ish i dont think thats to awful

My general advice to healers with problems is to keep in mind that healing and tanking changed since Wotlk. In wotlk healers were used to spam their strongest, fastest heal to top everyone off asap, or they would die. In cata increased health pools and lower mana regeneration suggests healers are meant to use the health buffer of their tanks/raid. Your not supposed to top the tank off as soon as he takes 30K dmg. go casting a cheap heal and use CDs every now and then to keep everyone up. Atm i can keep a tank up in ZA/ZG just spamming heal and using flash heal only when it procs (im holy, thats a 6% chance or so).
    Flash heal is a emergency spell at best, at least for holy priests.

So really. With my gear in the 356 range, is 9k avg HPS with around %20 overhealing at all decent? I thought so until recently, and im starting to doubt my abilities at this point. Ive been through BWD and BoT a few times, most recently without anyone dying after the encounter (except Chim of course) I always need inervates and mana totems...still. I did think all this was semi normal for Holy.

Odd thing is I can pull 13k numbers on Chim and still have the same if not easier time holding mana than other fights,

And to Aresius. In raids its one thing, but I tend to lose too many DKs to crazy damage spikes to let them anywhere near %75 HP in 5 man runs. >_<

+ Reply to Thread