+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archaeology

Archaeology

Thnks for video and i miss you posting videos... keep up the good work

First off, I do thank you greatly for this video as some of the 300+ content I was unaware of, so this is very helpful!

Secondly though very quick question at one point in time during the review it was said that each dig sites are unique to the character and that no one can "steal" from you. I was wondering if this is actually true as both myself and my finance while working on Archaeology have had people pulling from our dig sites. I did notice when it happened to me I got less then what I normally would have gotten during a dig. So I'm curious if this is accurate, or perhaps just a bug?

Must be a bug. I've leveled it twice now to max - on live and on beta - and I've never noticed anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherina View Post
    First off, I do thank you greatly for this video as some of the 300+ content I was unaware of, so this is very helpful!

Secondly though very quick question at one point in time during the review it was said that each dig sites are unique to the character and that no one can "steal" from you. I was wondering if this is actually true as both myself and my finance while working on Archaeology have had people pulling from our dig sites. I did notice when it happened to me I got less then what I normally would have gotten during a dig. So I'm curious if this is accurate, or perhaps just a bug?
    Maybe you just lost count, I've seen people at my dig site several times and I never got less than 3 fragments.

A quick tip

After finding an artifact, survey again on the exact same spot. Sometimes you can get two artifacts from the exact same location. Maybe I have been lucky, but this has happened to me 5 times out of about 50.
    A slightly quicker method.
    Last edited by Scottpoet; 12-14-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Me gramma are tear able

Someone already mentioned that they didn't get 3 digs at a site. I can always verify that I didn't get the supposed three before. I didn't miss count because on both occasions I only got 1 dig. I don't know if this is because someone else was there or if it was just a bug. Also, in the video you mentioned that after 150 you get 3 fragments, I've gotten up to 5 fragments since skill 225ish. Aside from that, nice video, it really did help me out. Especially the tip of saving fragments til skill 100.

I have seen people plenty of times digging in the same area I am in, and I have always been able to dig up something 3 times before the zone drys up.

I'm thinking it's a bug, if you get less than 3 when someone else is in your area.

I think just this week they buffed arch so you can get more fragments per dig... me likey also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxo View Post
    Someone already mentioned that they didn't get 3 digs at a site. I can always verify that I didn't get the supposed three before. I didn't miss count because on both occasions I only got 1 dig. I don't know if this is because someone else was there or if it was just a bug. Also, in the video you mentioned that after 150 you get 3 fragments, I've gotten up to 5 fragments since skill 225ish. Aside from that, nice video, it really did help me out. Especially the tip of saving fragments til skill 100.
    I added an annotation in the video the day they hotfixed it to give up to 6 fragments. Jury's out on the bug. I've been digging literally since Cata released, and always gotten 3 on every dig. Run into many, MANY people on the way.

I have had 4 digs at a site a couple of times before, and am getting more fragments now then I used to when I started it on one character, but after starting it on another I was getting 3 or 4 fragments per survey. Very time consuming profession, too bad the Night Elves like me and those are the most common spawns for me early on, I want Fossils and Troll!

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Archaeology

The type of digsites depend more on the continent you're on.
    Kalimdor has mostly NE and fossil whereas Eastern kingdoms has more troll and dwarf

I have found more Night Elf on Kalimdor and Troll, Dwarf and Fossils in Eastern Kingdoms. You can get like 100 fragments in an hour or so in Kalimdor it's that easy. Too bad I am going after Troll and Fossil treasures for the time being. I got to 150 in a few hours, it's all about patience and if you use an add-on like S.A.L, you can find your spawn points a bit quicker.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Hey

So you were saying you get 3 from digsites after skill 70 or something im 90 i think and im getting 5 a dig so idk if it varys from ppl are what but by getting 5 fragments a dig is REALLY nice for lvl 100 cuz i can completed so much more artifacts. anyways thanks for the tips.

A little Archaeology tip

Figured I'd finally register after 6 years of watching TankSpot videos. Anyways, I wanted to let you guys know that there is an add-on that makes Archaeology quite a bit faster. I'd love to take credit for it, but to give credit where credit is due. Thanks to MMO-Champion for posting it and keeping everyone up to date. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...WoW-Blue-Posts and for a direct link to the add-on. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/archy.aspx

Re: Archaeology

Archy with tomtom is pure win. Saves a ton of time, and marks every point that spawns artifacts when you loot them - just like gathermate and gatherer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

+ Reply to Thread