Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hero SFK, Commander issues.

Hero SFK, Commander issues.

If anybody has figured out a strat for the commander in SFK help would be nice!

It's actually pretty easy. Just keep moving out of desecration and make sure you pick up the adds are they come.

As a bear, I just chilled in the center of the room and rotated accordingly to avoid the desecration zone and used Faerie Fire + Taunt to pick up each mob and then put a bit of threat on them so the DPS could kill without pulling aggro.

Right now, the truth is that most heroics are more reliant on the healer than the tank. Make sure your healer is geared enough and smart enough to heal a long fight that can have AOE damage and steady tank damage.

Good luck mang.

Similar strat, I pull towards 1 door and basically stand there. I have my beefiest dps pick up the far door add and I pick up the near door add. It's vital that players take care of their own healing needs/help heal when possible. That includes healing rain (shm), tranquility (drd), whatever the pally aoe heal is, bandages, pots, etc. The two limiting factors in the fight are the insta-kill mechanics that have to be avoided and healer effeciency.

We had a hunter and a shadow priest in my group. CC one add, burn down the other, then kill the CCed add. The most important thing is to interrupt the adds. They heal the boss.

First off, let everyone know ahead of time where things will be tanked. You need at least two positions to alternate between because of the desecration.

Second, assign DPS to specific targets for focus firing but also make sure they are interrupting as well while killing the target. For example one of the several times we've done it I had myself and the tank on the Guardsman to kill and interrupt while the other two DPS handled the Officer. Kill the adds and interrupt the heals fast enough and any time you have on the boss will gradually widdle him down.

This fight is largely about exercising control. With proper technique you can basically keep things going almost indefinately (depending on mana efficiency). Focus on control in this encounter and the rest will fall into place.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I heard you can pull him down to the courtyard, maybe we'll try this as with mostly taurens this small room is very crowded. I guess they all plan to go goblin after they hit honored with the guild though.

I found the hallway strat to be very uncomfortable. The key is to interupt the unholy empowerment and dps the adds down fast and dodge the consecrate. You can avoid the shield breath by just moving behind him when he casts it.

Positioning wasn't really an issue, but I got ranged to stand where he is and tank him on the other side, moving from left to right for consecrate, as long as you have a stun or an interupt on the adds you can easily walk over and grab them, without too much risk f hurting the ranged.

It's a tough fight but when we made sure of interupts we were fine.

When I did this, we used cleave dmg to kill the adds. I tanked in the middle of the room close to one of the doors. Ranged up on the stage. When desecration was placed under me, i moved to the other door. Hunter in group MD'd the opposite doorway to me everytime as I picked up the closest add (easilly done w/o MD). We burned the boss. The boss goes down quickly. The heals the adds give to the boss do not warrant taking the time to kill them. Burn the boss and just use aoe cc/dps to take care of adds. Blow hero/bloodlust/timewarp at start since you'll have the least amount of moving time at that point.
    Ruek - Prot Warrior <Fat Panda>
    “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” -Shaq

While a burn strategy will work with a group with murderous dps, if you get a third wave of adds it is only a question of seconds before somebody dies. As soon as one player dies your chance of beating him is reduced drastically as he starts to get healed faster than you can damage him (you cannot reliably interrupt 4-5 mobs in a 5 man group) and he casts his ultimates faster due to getting more unholy empowerments.

We tank him with the boss facing the staging area, and burn the adds. then we bloodlust and nuke him until the new adds spawn, at which point we kill them quickly before returning to the boss. this cuts down significantly on heals and ultimate moves cast.

The main element of success is the DPS performance.

Tank part:
    1. Tank boss, kite boss away from desecration, have boss always facing away from party so the aoe ability doesn't hit'm. Tank must also avoid the aoe ability (run through boss when he casts it)
    2. taunt and put some threat on one of the adds that is not CC'ed

DPS part:
    1. dps boss
    2. CC one add, focus fire on the other add + interrupts
    3. kill the cc'ed add

General considerations:
    * Tank can not tank 2 adds+boss (well, he can, but it will lead to a wipe at this gear level)
    * Not interrupting (...derp...i'm busy doin' 6k dps..derp...) will lead to a wipe
    * Tank failing to have boss use his aoe ability away from party will lead to a wipe
    * If grp does not have CC for undeads, have a ranged DPS with a interrupt/kitting ability assigned to the second add.

I know that i tend to run with a good healer, but i didnt seem to have a problem with tanking everything as it came out.

I am a pally tank and this was probably my fourth heroic that I have done and it was with two guildies and two pugs (who did know what they were doing too).

I rarely moved, on the pull just burned both adds down quickly one at a time I held them both. As the other adds spawned I tended to be in the back where he stands, and I would just let the healer get some threat and taunt them both off him before they reached him, or I would throw my shield when they were both in range of him, tank them both and just focus them down one at time.

I am glad that I have keybound all of my marks, skull mainly of course ^_-, so I would quickly pop a skull on the one I was a bigger threat and the dps would all switch.

It was a good effort of coordination as I have been in plenty of groups that marks mean nothing to people and the skull will be the last thing to die, so my hats off to them.

It is on fights like this that I am glad to have the instant cast turn evil glyph

was having problems with this fight last night. gave up after several wipes.. was using the strat from wiki which says tank on the far wall. however, the problem i was having as taunt just wasnt enought to pull the adds to me. i could have charged them gained aggro and moved back but that would have put dps/ healers at risk from the cone aoe.

will try the doorway strat tonight and also just concentrate on just the one add.. let dps take/ kite the other. the MD idea is also one didnt consider. i read about this pulling to the outside courtyard strat on another forum. does it actually work?

If you tank an add, tank the guard; then the officer is much less likely to attempt to cast his "forsaken ability" on you. Make sure both adds are stunned and every single cast is interrupted. This cuts down on the amount of ultimates used by the boss and reduces the uptime of debuffs which can wipe you (mortal strike on the tank and forsaken healing on the healer is an almost certain wipe).

The adds spawn about every 30 seconds, they need to be down soon enough to buy you more boss dps time, otherwise he will quite simply not die. This is a fight that is very much a dps race, and if you do not kill him in time, you will become overrun with adds and wipe. One dead dps when the boss has more than 20% life will mean you wipe. It is a fight that stretches everyone.

Pulling him to the courtyard probably works, but will almost definitely get fixed (like the kite strat for the glory of the hero achievement at the first boss in OK was) and you do not want to have to relearn the strat when this happens.

yea i think dps is a big issue at present. they were just respawning seemingly as soon as the previous ones were killed.. so only dps on the boss was largely just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mistrale View Post
    yea i think dps is a big issue at present. they were just respawning seemingly as soon as the previous ones were killed..
    Thank/healer can no longer carry bad dps through a heroic (aaah, felt good to rant that!)

This is one of those fights where the achievement is teaching you best practice. CC (shackle is perfect) one add, dps (and importantly interrupt/stun) then repeat for the 2nd add. Follow this procedure each time an add spawns, except when the boss gets low where you can keep the final add CC'd through to the end. Don't stand in desecration, don't stand in the purple AOE, stay calm. If you can't CC one of the adds, I'd guess you'd want to allocated a dedicated interrupter to it (e.g. put a rogue on it to tricks to tank, interrupt+stun)

As a holy priest healer: Juggling Heal/Greater Heal, Renew, HW: Serenity on the MT.

Drop a lightwell for your DPS, they shouldn't really take a lot of damage the entire fight and you could focus soley on the tank. Patch them up with Greater Heal/Renews if needed.

Shackle one add, let your DPS focus the other on the left side, tank pretty much dances around desecration on the other end of the room.

Basically, burn add, burn boss, repeat.
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    This is one of those fights where the achievement is teaching you best practice. CC (shackle is perfect) one add, dps (and importantly interrupt/stun) then repeat for the 2nd add. Follow this procedure each time an add spawns, except when the boss gets low where you can keep the final add CC'd through to the end. Don't stand in desecration, don't stand in the purple AOE, stay calm. If you can't CC one of the adds, I'd guess you'd want to allocated a dedicated interrupter to it (e.g. put a rogue on it to tricks to tank, interrupt+stun)
    I'm not sure if it really teaches you the best practice. The best way to do cheese this achievement without cheating is simply to stack the group with the right CC. I have killed this boss a fair few times with different dps groups. It's very killable without CC, but it's very very trivial if you are with two (hunters, pallys and priests).

The group I did the achievement with, I had a ret pally (with instant turn evil glyph) and a shadow priest. We basically kill the first set of adds (shackle one, kill one, then kill the shackle), then CC the second set of adds and ignore them. The boss is dead before the third wave even arrives. If your dps is a bit slower, then I think a 3rd dps who is a shaman or a mage would be the best to rush through the second wave.

had a mage ragequit on me last night (together with his cleric friend) because i was stepping out of the desecration, which according to him was causing wipes.. so the question is.. do you guys ignore it, or step out of it.