+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Level 85 holy pally healing help?

Quote Originally Posted by Papapaint View Post
    Make more.
    Everything around WASD is used. With shift modifiers as well. I had pretty much everything on a keybind.

I've freed some up by using Opie, which has let me put crusader strike on my bars, but eh, still not really sure using a gcd on it is worth it. Especially if mobs have an aoe that you have to run out of, that running is time not spent healing.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

It's situational. You won't always use it, but the times you can use it could mean all the difference between getting an emergency WoG off or failing.

I dont have any mana problems but i try and judge as much as im allowed. Usually you will oom when people are not using cc's and interrupting. Also when people in my groups arent avoiding damage very often i just let them die off. (teach them a lesson bout standing in fires) Also picking up a trink with a spirit proc will help you out a ton, if u have mastery on it reforge it to haste. Also GoAK is ur best friend for big damage spikes. Also your wings and DF (basically heroism on demand) can usually outheal any damage put out fairly easily. Ive never had a use for CS since its a waste of a gcd since ur judgements heal tank a little and gives back around 3.2k mana.

hmm, it seems to me that everyone is forgetting that HPW can be acquired through healing the tank directly while they have beacon on, its a REALLY cheap way to get 3 holy power really fast, and especially in a situation where the tank isn't taking very much damage. I've definitely found it's hard not to go into melee range and still have mana at the end of the fight, seems to me like Blizzard is trying to lean us towards being melee casters rather than ranged casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsapallie View Post
    hmm, it seems to me that everyone is forgetting that HPW can be acquired through healing the tank directly while they have beacon on, its a REALLY cheap way to get 3 holy power really fast, and especially in a situation where the tank isn't taking very much damage. I've definitely found it's hard not to go into melee range and still have mana at the end of the fight, seems to me like Blizzard is trying to lean us towards being melee casters rather than ranged casters.
    Only with divine light and flash of light, which are both terribly expensive. If you're trying to build holy power through that INSTEAD of holy shock or crusader strike (when possible), you're going to have severe mana issues, especially on all the raid encounters I've seen so far.

In addition, it hurts our utility a bit--part of what makes us so strong at the moment is our ability to spot heal the entire raid without having any mana issues.

i did not know it was only divine light and FoL, on the talent it says with Holy Light as well... at any rate, i'm not neglecting HS, i use it all the time, but i still run into the mana issues... i don't really understand, how does building holy power while keeping the tank alive affect our utility? isn't our job to keep the tank alive? also, i don't think anyone here can say that they can "spot heal" a raid, and keep a tank alive and not have mana issues.

Our primary role going forward will still probably be as Tank healers, aka healing the Tank and Off-Tank. However, Blizzard has given us additional tools (and then subsequently nerfed them into oblivion... ...) to also be better raid healers when it's needed. Blizzard's goal was to give Holy Paladins more options, but, in raids, we're still likely to be the Tank healers 9 times out of 10. So you'll be using Holy Lights on the Tanks until the damage gets so intense that you need a Flash of Light or Divine Light and you can toss out your occasional Holy Shock on a raid member if needed (topping them off with it will likely only snipe another healer's heals) and, of course, remember to use your Word of Glory for mana efficiency.

i did not know it was only divine light and FoL, on the talent it says with Holy Light as well...
    I think they hotfixed it so the talent won't be updated until later. If you go cast HL on a beaconed target you'll notice you won't gain any holy power.

at any rate, i'm not neglecting HS, i use it all the time, but i still run into the mana issues... i don't really understand, how does building holy power while keeping the tank alive affect our utility? isn't our job to keep the tank alive? also, i don't think anyone here can say that they can "spot heal" a raid, and keep a tank alive and not have mana issues.
    When you could HL your beacon to generate holy power you could get off so many LoD and WoG, which are free. So before the change you could effortlessly and fairly quickly build HPow using only your cheap spells, and thus get plenty of free heals off. Given how LoD heals also transfer through beacon, it was kind of ridiculously efficient.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

i think the key to all the mana issues would have to be answered by HPW itself. Hpw allows a paladin to get off heals without using mana. I use WoG almost more often than HL, FoL, DL even when i only have 2 hpw (any heal will increase someones hp) and i have also noticed that any FoL/DL cast on a party member that is transferred to the beacon can trigger the generation of a hpw charge. If you keep a mentality of "as long as we are alive we are winning" mentality and use your WoG alot and HS on every cd and just spot heal the rest of the raid/party with a LoD or DL when you can manage, I have found that to be a fool proof strategy in staying alive in most every dungeon i have been in. I havent yet had to use judgement on cd or CS (tbh i didnt even think of it to be feasible as a holy paladin) and still not having problems in any dungeons.

There's really no reason to not judge on CD, and it's 15% of your base mana returned which is approximately half of a Flash of Light, plus an additional 4% of Base mana just for being a melee hit. The Crusader strike is just to generate extra HPW if needed, in most cases it won't be. But getting 3 charges for WoG is much better than casting it early, UNLESS you need that instant heal right away to save someone, which, of course, is always better than waiting an extra few seconds to get the extra charge.

Just judge every CD and you will be fine.

Use holy shock every CD aswell.

When the speed proc comes up, use divine light...and 3stack WOG who ever needs it.

+ Reply to Thread