+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Level 85 holy pally healing help?

Level 85 holy pally healing help?

I am a level 85 holy pally. just got it the other day and i've been healing heroics and randoms and almost every single pull i have to pause the group flow for mana..... and in boss fights i'm running out of mana at like 25% and just scrounging around for heals and whatever else i can get even with using my mana CDs when im at 75%. but it also seems that my heals are healing for as much as they did in heroic 10 ICC! which is rather frustrating because not only are they healing for less they cost about 4x as much! I am sitting at 70k mana, with around 2k MP5 in combat. and i'm using either Flash or Light or Divine light but those make me run oom in a heart beat, my crit chance isn't very high, only 12% but my mastery is at 12% hast is 6.42% and i have no idea why i'm going oom, am i doing something wrong? like i JUST said i use either FoL or DL to heal and the holy shock whenever its up and the 3HP WOG. and holy radiance *just cause that one is fun* but not really.... and i use holy light whenever i get the haste increase from holy shock. maybe my spec is wrong. idk.... but whatever it is. its just not working! if anyone would help. it would be much appreciated!

Are you meleeing mobs? That alone is one of our biggest sources of mana regen now. Not that it wasn't before, but it wasn't as needed and could be ignored a lot of the time, but, with all of our other sources of mana regen being low, using judgement on CD and going in and meleeing if it's A) Safe and B) A bit slow on healing means that you can get back mana without stopping to rest.

I plan on completing my guide for level 85 once my Paladin hits it. It will take some time to make, of course, but I will devote the time needed to get it out ASAP.

!!! judgement is amazing and its helping out alot!

what about the gear, when you just dinged 85, and cant join hc's?
    really need some gear cus i allways played tank and now wanne dual gear healing

Grind rep with the factions and get gear from them, also run level 85 non-heroic dungeons such as Grim Batol. Halls of Origination has probably the single most upgrades for Holy Paladins at 85 out of the non-heroics.

Holy Pally's just got hit with the nerf bat again - bad pallys you had too much mana at the end of fights.

Their "nerf" won't really affect much in mana regen, but really hurts our ability to AoE. I really don't understand Blizzard sometimes.

Yeah im 345 geared now, yeah i run oom sometimes but thats because im not popping my mana CDs accordingly.... judgement and auto attacking are helping out tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernorave View Post
    and i'm using either Flash or Light or Divine light but those make me run oom in a heart beat,
    This is your problem, you shouldn't need to use those spells all the time. In my experience so far, if things are being CC'd properly, and everyone's avoiding unnecessary damage, then damage usually isn't high enough in heroics to warrant using either of those on anyone.

I've found that most of the time, Holy Shock, Holy Light, and Word of Glory/Light of Dawn will do the job just fine. This applies to both trash and bosses. It might be a bit disconcerting at first, that these spells don't heal for alot and so you can't top everyone up as fast as you might like, but you don't need to top everyone up asap. If dps are sitting at 50% life and not going to die anytime soon, just gradually top people up with your cheap spells. Make sure you read this thread!

I haven't even really felt the need to melee anything while healing, but I do have my JC trinket to help with regen. The nerf is kind of annoying, but I don't think it's going to effect me to much, I think it simply makes that 3 stack of holy power more valuable than it was. There were some occasions where I was already saving it to pop out a full strength LoD right after an aoe (like frontal aoe on the tol barad boss), now I think knowing when to save it, and when to use it immediately will become even more important.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Soan View Post
    This is your problem, you shouldn't need to use those spells all the time. In my experience so far, if things are being CC'd properly, and everyone's avoiding unnecessary damage, then damage usually isn't high enough in heroics to warrant using either of those on anyone.

I've found that most of the time, Holy Shock, Holy Light, and Word of Glory/Light of Dawn will do the job just fine. This applies to both trash and bosses. It might be a bit disconcerting at first, that these spells don't heal for alot and so you can't top everyone up as fast as you might like, but you don't need to top everyone up asap. If dps are sitting at 50% life and not going to die anytime soon, just gradually top people up with your cheap spells. Make sure you read this thread!

I haven't even really felt the need to melee anything while healing, but I do have my JC trinket to help with regen. The nerf is kind of annoying, but I don't think it's going to effect me to much, I think it simply makes that 3 stack of holy power more valuable than it was. There were some occasions where I was already saving it to pop out a full strength LoD right after an aoe (like frontal aoe on the tol barad boss), now I think knowing when to save it, and when to use it immediately will become even more important.
    I don't find this to be particularly true in a raid environment, as you can still quickly and cheaply get to 3 holy power by holy shock-crusader strike-FoL. I was doing this through my whole raid last night, maintained high positions on the charts (two first place spots, only one below 3rd of 6 healers), and had extreme mana efficiency... I was at half mana when other healers would start calling ooms.

Don't negate crusader strike, you're generally in melee range anyway, and it's a free holy power. Much more mana efficient than casting two FoLs on someone.

Hey guys, i'm just stepping into HC's from lvl'ing and non-hc's but i'm getting really disheartened. HC's seem impossible to heal compared to non-hc, i've been kicked twice now because we wipe on the first pull other times the group just falls apart. I'm waiting for other guildies to lvl and gear up so don't have a choice than pug's.

Anyone got any tips i could use? it just seems like 5-10secs after the pull 1mill dmg happens in 5secs and i literally cannot heal fast enough to keep ppl alive. I knew dungeons would be harder in cata but this is rediculous.

Is the group using CC's, interrupting casts, stepping out of avoidable damage, purging/spellstealing buffs off of mobs? Are boss mechanics being observed?

Or are they just expecting to be able to charge in without any forethought and you are somehow supposed to keep them alive? That doesn't work anymore.

Well, for example first pull on stonecore hc just now, one target was sapped, out of is it 8 mobs? and i got kicked.

I'm sure it's down to those things, but how am i ever supposed to gear up when every group is the same, and the healer always get's kicked lol

I'm thinking i'm just gonna not bother with hc's untill we can guild run. Just wanted some sort of clarification that it wasn't just me and i AM supposed to be able to heal that rediculous damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilight View Post
    how am i ever supposed to gear up when every group is the same, and the healer always get's kicked lol
    Guild-only runs, definitely.

A crafted item or two, though at this stage in the game, that can be pricey or just plain hard to come by.

You can also rep grind with tabards in the level 84-85 instances to get some pretty good stuff. And once in a blue moon, you can afford an item from the justice point vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilight View Post
    Just wanted some sort of clarification that it wasn't just me and i AM supposed to be able to heal that rediculous damage.
    Probably not you.

Ok thanks for the replies Bashal, don't feel AS bad now. Just means it's gonna take 3 times as long to gear up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Papapaint View Post
    I don't find this to be particularly true in a raid environment, as you can still quickly and cheaply get to 3 holy power by holy shock-crusader strike-FoL. I was doing this through my whole raid last night, maintained high positions on the charts (two first place spots, only one below 3rd of 6 healers), and had extreme mana efficiency... I was at half mana when other healers would start calling ooms.

Don't negate crusader strike, you're generally in melee range anyway, and it's a free holy power. Much more mana efficient than casting two FoLs on someone.
    Yeah, I generally run with Crusader's Strike on my bar just because it allows some HPW, not that I'm particularly happy about being in melee range so often *grumble* but it's a cheap (roughly 1k mana with a chance of giving mana back) way to generate HPW.

With the way I have my keybinds setup I don't think I have room for crusader strike.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Soan View Post
    With the way I have my keybinds setup I don't think I have room for crusader strike.
    Make more.

1-Judgement, 2- Crusader Strike, 3- Holy Light (macro), 4- Holy Shock (macro), 5- Flash of Light (macro), 6- Divine Light (macro), 7- Word of Glory (macro), 8- Aura Mastery, 9- Exorcism, 0- Hammer of Justice, - Lay on Hands, =- Every Man for Himself

Yes, pally healing is a real challenge starting into heroics, but for me I see it has opened more fun to my gameplay. There are so many toys to play with now, it's fun to pick through them. I guess I missed the whole Shock,HL,HL,LoD=win spam that got us nerfed. I used it but not solely. It's such a pain getting range to stick together... It has been stressful in pugs, but guild groups with people who know what to do makes a world of difference. I find that most of the time when I have mana problems, it's when I ignore or can't spare GCDs for mana conservation. It happens and I always try harder to fit those judgement in. I even think some scenarios like the first boss in SFK have had me breaking my back to heal people back to full and using a ton of mana when it really isn't necessary. The key is getting to know the fights, using your mana conservation CDs, judgements on CD as much as possible, and yes crusader if you can/want. I don't usually have to melee except when I blow it and oom. Many boss fights have me sub 15% mana by the end, and lower dps pug groups get me doing CS to squeek out free LoDs, but often I can look back and see I could have done better.

Again, 10m raids have been tough but follows the same rule; mana conservation through spell selection and CDs is king. We've downed 3 raid bosses and the PVP boss and using all my tools available was the difference of ooming at 70% vs 6%. Entering new content should be a challenge. It will get easier as we learn and gear up.

+ Reply to Thread