+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Stonecore

A technique we have been using is to keep most of the group to the left hand side of the room (while facing her) to force the adds to walk through the void zones to get to the healer (which seems to be who they always migrate to until the tank picks them up). The void zones deal them considerable damage. As the tank, I also try to gather quickly and position them under the boulders when they impact.
    It seems that the void zones deal her damage as well if you tank her where she is standing in them, but not sure if that is true. Also, that does make it difficult for your melee DPS.
    Thanks, great video and commentary

Well done guide and I look forward to viewing more for other encounters. TY

"Overall, Ozruk is the simplest encounter in The Stonecore." I saw this and I finally, after 2 years of watching tankspot had to sign up to post. Then I realized you were talking about normal mode. 10 bucks says he is still trying to make it through Ozruk on Heroic mode to finish the heroic guide :P As a tank, Ozruk is nasty. Maybe as a ranged dps you don't have to worry about getting 1 shot by Ground Slam or running out of range for Shatter, or getting thrown out of range/los of your healer by missing getting out of range, but for the rest of us, this encounter is by far the hardest in Stonecore. Just thought you should know, Papa.

Quote Originally Posted by Quan View Post
    "Overall, Ozruk is the simplest encounter in The Stonecore." I saw this and I finally, after 2 years of watching tankspot had to sign up to post. Then I realized you were talking about normal mode. 10 bucks says he is still trying to make it through Ozruk on Heroic mode to finish the heroic guide :P As a tank, Ozruk is nasty. Maybe as a ranged dps you don't have to worry about getting 1 shot by Ground Slam or running out of range for Shatter, or getting thrown out of range/los of your healer by missing getting out of range, but for the rest of us, this encounter is by far the hardest in Stonecore. Just thought you should know, Papa.
    Having tanked it, healed it, and dps'd it, it's still the simplest encounter in stonecore--just the least forgiving. You have two abilities the entire fight, and both are simple movement. Unlike the more complex encounters, however, a single mistake is generally a group wipe.

I'm pretty much the tank in 99% of all heroics I do, and I can say that Ozruk really is an incredibly simple fight. Even before the nerfs, it's pretty much just a movement check. None of the mechanics are particuarly challenging or involved, simply move out of the way of the big hurty things.

There's no need to round up adds if everyone (especially the healer) is paying attention on Azil. Use the void zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch View Post
    There's no need to round up adds if everyone (especially the healer) is paying attention on Azil. Use the void zones.
    For the love of god DON'T round up the adds...you're just making your healer want light your face on fire and then punch it out.

The healer should just be standing on the other side of void zones and letting them kill all the adds...eventually they might run out, at that point you can feel free to grab them, but while there are void zones the adds should just be killed by them.

Something I just wanted to add:

I know it's a trash pull, but at the beginning it's the "Stonecore Earthshaper" mob that transforms into a "Force of Earth." Fortunately, it's an interruptable effect. I noticed it on accident, and when I found out interrupts worked, I was usually able to keep them from transforming, which avoids the aoe damage altogether.

Orzuk

Quote Originally Posted by Papapaint View Post
    Having tanked it, healed it, and dps'd it, it's still the simplest encounter in stonecore--just the least forgiving. You have two abilities the entire fight, and both are simple movement. Unlike the more complex encounters, however, a single mistake is generally a group wipe.
    If simplest means the average deaths associated with Orzuk for an average group is 0 then it is not true. This guy reminds me of http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29120 during the vanilla Wrath except Orzuk has 2 INSTANT DEATH mechanics.

Encounters where you can learn the mechanics of the fight on the fly and/or are forgiving enough that you can survive them otherwise are considered easy.

Obviously this boss is trivialized if you spent time wiping and learning via multiple groups, but that's the same with anything else. It is definitely not easy to learn giving what I stated.

Orzuk Para

So I seem to keep dieing in this fight as a range DPS which really shouldn't be happening. The paralyze always seems to get me for a long time and then the big damage hit when it breaks. Is there a way to break it early to not take damage, I see the melee not getting stunned. What am I doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy124 View Post
    So I seem to keep dieing in this fight as a range DPS which really shouldn't be happening. The paralyze always seems to get me for a long time and then the big damage hit when it breaks. Is there a way to break it early to not take damage, I see the melee not getting stunned. What am I doing wrong.
    The boss will put up a buff called "Elementium Bulwark", this reflects any spells used against the boss for the next 8 or so seconds. The paralysis breaks if you take damage. So you need to cast a DoT spell that gets reflected on to yourself which will break the paralysis.

Also make sure if you have a prot warrior he holds off on shield slamming the boss (retarded but it's true) because he'll debuff the bulwark and screw over the casters.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    The boss will put up a buff called "Elementium Bulwark", this reflects any spells used against the boss for the next 8 or so seconds. The paralysis breaks if you take damage. So you need to cast a DoT spell that gets reflected on to yourself which will break the paralysis.
    If you have a shaman, make sure they are purging it. I am not sure if mages can spell steal it or not, but if they can, they should be.
    Jesus loves you seriously big time. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across the oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees.. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email

I normally don't post In the 5 man heroics but that last post made my head hurt. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop telling retarded mages to spellsteal that buff. If my alt priest has to heal that boss ONE more time with retarded dps I'm going to lose my mind. DO NOT dispel that. It screws your healer epically. Yes, I know that means you can't dps for about half the time. I also don't care. Stop it. PS the reason I'm so angry is because I asked some Mage why he thought that was a good idea and he told me l2readtankspot. At which point I blew up. Then I came here to read it and I erupted. Don't put retarded things on here, please. Thanks.

Meh, now a days, you can just heal through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushimu View Post
    Something I just wanted to add:

I know it's a trash pull, but at the beginning it's the "Stonecore Earthshaper" mob that transforms into a "Force of Earth." Fortunately, it's an interruptable effect. I noticed it on accident, and when I found out interrupts worked, I was usually able to keep them from transforming, which avoids the aoe damage altogether.
    Those guys can also be easily CC'ed, with Sap, Polymorph, Hex, Repent, and pretty much anything else. Those pulls are 100 times easier and faster if you simply CC the earthshaper, kill Manahouse (and keep Manahouse silenced as much as possible) and his friends, and then kill the earthshapers.

We really need a heroic guide for Stonecore, the bosses in this instance are so significantly different on heroic that getting groups able to just get the first boss down is still a challenge, even a year after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambells View Post
    I normally don't post In the 5 man heroics but that last post made my head hurt. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop telling retarded mages to spellsteal that buff. If my alt priest has to heal that boss ONE more time with retarded dps I'm going to lose my mind. DO NOT dispel that. It screws your healer epically. Yes, I know that means you can't dps for about half the time. I also don't care. Stop it. PS the reason I'm so angry is because I asked some Mage why he thought that was a good idea and he told me l2readtankspot. At which point I blew up. Then I came here to read it and I erupted. Don't put retarded things on here, please. Thanks.
    You forgot WHY not to spellsteal it: Simply put, healers will debuff themselves using the spell-reflect which allows them to break out of paralyze in time to heal people through shatter.

Though I found with my holy pally, who don't really have any debuff to use for that mechanic, that healing people up after shatter is not that big a deal once you get a big of gear.

On normal though, none of his mechanics, cept for the ground slam, are anything to worry about.

+ Reply to Thread