+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally tanking (Low level) [Newb]

Pally tanking (Low level) [Newb]

I'm a newb, and I know it, so these questions might seem stupid to some people.
    I had a pally about 6 months ago, which I adored and tanked with. I did really well. I used consecration and a shield..something. I can't remember the name. Both I used when I was having aggro loss on mobs.
    I tried again, after 4.0.1 started up, and I found myself having a lot of problems, and decided to delete the pally all together. (Decided to delete all of ym toons with the release of The Shattering. I had nothing I was attached to and wanted to start all over, since I haven't really been playing long anyway.)
    I understand the mechanics of tanking.
    I did really well as a warrior tank the short while I played one of those.
    I'm really lost on where to even start with pally tanking now, (mostly AoE type things).
    Any help would be great, because I'd really like to get back to all of the fun I had as a pally tank, though I know it won't be exactly the same.

make fist.. mash keaboard

win
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

They changed some things again, after 4.0.3.
    I know pally was faceroll before, and I wasn't a consecration masher, by any means.
    1 time a pull, twice tops before all of the changes, but my threat generation just isn't the same.
    I was told to come here for help, since none of my guildies have dabbled in low level tanking with pallys yet.

sorry for being silly before..

what ive noticed while lvling as prot is hammer of the rightous every gcd available.. also glyphing it is great for aoe situations.

so my rotation has been shield, judgement,con,then hor,.. and rotating hor into every other gcd there after.

furthermore, ive been using seal of insight however i dont know if that is recomended for low lvl prot.. ive been using it because word of glory seems to be great to work in aswell.. i basicly stack holy power to full and leave it there as an "AHHH!" button

Thank you.
    I'm gonna try again tomorrow, and see how it feels.
    She's level 17 at the moment, so I'll be missing a few things.
    I might stick with healing until I unlock a few of the...well, necessary things (at least to me) in the prot tree.
    It felt impossible when I tried again, so hopefully the next time I try, it isn't going to feel so...uesless.

under lvl 30 its really just shield spamming and make sure you have rightous fury on when u get it.. lol.. should be easy going from there.

Unfortunately for low-level tanking (pretty much anything pre-60) it has degenerated into an AOE orgy, where the tank TRIES to keep the mobs under control.
    Even completely into level 80 Heroics it is the same, just by the time you hit 60 you should have a good number of tools to "effectively" tank.

Which is one of the few reason I'm actually looking forward to Cata for the first few months, where if the DPS is being stupid, they will get smacked down by the mobs for it.

You have to forget everything about AoE tanking. Try to pull single mob at a time, or mark a skull as primary target when you have to pull multiple. Avenger's shield is your only multiple target threat skill (also the one that hit the hardest) now at around lv20, make sure it can bounce at all targets.

+ Reply to Thread