+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Learning the new Cata Dungons

Learning the new Cata Dungons

So, as I was not in Beta, I have not learned the new dungons yet. I like to read up on encounters before I experience them for the first time yet have no found anything really helpful on these new encounters.

Anyone know of where I could find this at? Something such as the general layouts and if there is any kind of tricks and ect needed for the bosses?

Thanks for any help
    ~Squishy

Usually you can run them on reg without a read-up.... heroic is a different story. Part of the fun of playing a game is learning it first hand. I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Yeah, it's not too bad to learn the fights as you go. The last boss in Stonecore requires a bit of strategy, but after a wipe or two, I'm confident you'll know what to do. The same is true for some of the Halls of Origination bosses, but again, you'll pick it up quick, and it won't be long at all before people will be able to tell you what to do even if you've never been in the instance before. It won't be long after that when it will be assumed everyone knows the strats, like what happened with the bosses in Halls of Lightning, for example.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Okay, thanks for the answers.
    I wasn't sure of the difficulty of just normals as I keep hearing ppl talking about how hard the heroics are.
    I can't wait to experience it, perhaps it will be not quite so boring anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTheTank View Post
    Okay, thanks for the answers.
    I wasn't sure of the difficulty of just normals as I keep hearing ppl talking about how hard the heroics are.
    I can't wait to experience it, perhaps it will be not quite so boring anymore.
    The things you have to do are very clear. It won't take long to figure out unless the group is beyond terrible. That said, stay away from stonecore on heroic difficulty until you have good gear and a group you have confidence in. Vortex Pinnacle is the easiest on heroic. You can start with that.

TotalBiscuit has a bunch of run through videos on youtube. He has almost all heroics in his uploads, check them out. Take some of what he says with a grain of salt, form your own opinion once you experience them yourself.

He also has a few raid videos up too.

What I've done so far is watch all the videos that are posted on TankSpot. I've also read through what is on wowwiki. I'm sure within a week we will see more details in both locations. I will likely hit the dungeon before more strategies are out, but I will check both tankspot and wowwiki every couple of days to better understand the instances.

Zeffin

+ Reply to Thread