+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior returning to Tanking in 4.0.3/cataclysm.

Warrior returning to Tanking in 4.0.3/cataclysm.

I was a tanking warrior untill around ICC, where my low gear (only got to endgame around end of Naxx and begining to ulduar) finally reduced me into needing to do DPS, however with the oncoming cataclysm and were all going to be back at square 1 in the raiding and tanking, I decided Id try my hand at tanking again.

However, thanks to all the changes that 4.0.1 have given us, I feel a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone point me to any sites that deal with the warrior tanks rotation, what % my stats should be at, gemming etc, or even some of the forum posts here (I always seem to get outdated materials when I search...) thank you for your time and any help you could give.

There's only a few days left until cata so don't bother with gearing or gemming properly. After that you still want stamina for blues and now: stamina/dodge or stamina/mastery for yellow and stamina/parry for red sockets. Statwise: expertise softcapping (26 @ 85, 23 @ 80) and 8% hit is advisable for threat issues but i'd skip both for more survivability (mastery down the road, and parry over dodge due to the hold the line talent) in the first days of the expansion. Threat shoudn't be an issue without epic decked out damage dealers.

"Rotation" wise it's still a priority system:

#1 shield slam
    #2 thunderclap (to keep up rend via blood and thunder) use it whenever necessary and without delaying shield slam

0.0 shield slam
    1.5 revenge > devastate (hoping for a procc)
    3.0 revenge > shockwave > heroic throw > concussion blow > devastate
    4.5 shockwave > heroic throw > concussion blow > revenge > devastate

And feel free to heroic strike while over 50-60 rage, it's an instant attack now.

Thank you, the rotation was worrying me a bit, but that seems like what I used to do, just with thunderclap and rend thrown in.

Sorry for the noob question. But I'm confused about the 3.0 and 4.5 numbers and what they mean.

Thanks,

Zeffin

It's the seconds (global cooldowns) since the start of our little "rotation".

personaly for "current" (not cata) i prefer to charge>shockwave rend>tc for heroics. Gives u a bit of time to get mobs threat before they rush onto noob dps focused on recount instead of omen :P

+ Reply to Thread