+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK tanking profession advice.

DK tanking profession advice.

So, I'm stuck on what might be better come Cata. I'm really liking the new Engineering things, the armor and damage absorb mostly. My only main concern is I already have JC and Enchanting, I was thinking of dumping JC. I'm just wondering if it would be a good choice. The goggles would be really nice if they are kept up-to-date, but if not they will just be out dated fast.

Long story short, just seeing what ya'll think.

For the long run, JC and Enchanting will probably be better than dropping either for Engy.

DK tanking profession advice.

I also have JC and Enchanting on my Paladin and I am looking forward to heaps of money in a few weeks

<JINX> Runetotem-US - 6/8H Recruiting All Classes! - http://jinx.com/guild
    Live Stream - http://twitch.tv/razilius

I'm JC and Enchanting on my DK tank and plan on keeping it. I have Eng on my mage and while I Eng is the most fun profession by far, I would not trade JC for it.

In fact I have all the professions leveled except LW and Skinning (and those are coming along) and my opinion is that Enchanting and JC are the best all around not only for the gear buffs, but for making some nice gold. Alchemy/Herbalism is the other gold maker I find.

Well

JC is really good for the stamina gems they can only craft and u could do BS to add some slots on ur gear. But JC is good for money making as well.

As DK get their own chants for weapons that for tanking seem superior to enchants I found that Blacksmithing and Jewel crafting give the best benefits for 3 extra sockets and top gems
    Lykopis - DK Tank - Shattered Hand

One big problem with engineering is that some of the tinkers can fail in raids, like the rocket boots and the absorb shield (rocket boots blast you way up into the air, and the absorb shield taunts everything around you). They're rare but it's still a risk I wouldn't want to take.

I would stick with what you have, personally.

If you're going to drop JC for anything, make it Alchemy. Good profession bonuses (very good tank trinket and extra stam from your flask as well as strength in your offspec) plus great money maker (Truegold CD, double duration on flasks, and of course the trinket disenchants into an epic shard since you're also an Enchanter - I've made a ton of cash off of my Priest having Alch/Ench).

+ Reply to Thread