+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draenei Chargers gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    The thing that you're forgetting is that draenei look SO SILLY on a charger. A goat riding a horse?! Ridiculous! This is half the reason my bf race-changed his draenei pally to a dwarf.
    I have seen Draenei males on both the Chargers and the Elekks, and I grudgingly had to admit that the Draenei males look quite spectacular on them. If they would scale Draenei mounts like they do for the Tauren it wouldn't be an issue. However, my Draenei females all look great on the Charger. Also, this issue isn't about looks, it's about a highly prized and hard earned quest reward...a MOUNT was taken away. Players that earned them deserve the right to choose to keep them. Taking them away was a bad move on Blizzard's part, it has upset quite a few players. Telling us that you think we didn't look right on them isn't going to change our minds on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    It's not "the standard mount for a race of paladins," this is not some NEW hatorade on pallies. It's "the standard mounts for two races (draenei and tauren) can't fit through doors". And it's been this way since forever. Just do what I did... get a chopper :-D
    I have the chopper, I have the Argent Charger, I have 92 mounts in fact, but the Charger is the one I loved the most.

Blood elves have the thalassian charge (the sexy red coloured normal one)
    Humans and dwarves have the charger
    Taurens have the sunwalker kodo
    Drainei have the elekks.

I dont see the problem
    Despite having the charger FoS you still have a unique class mount that is not unique to your race. Despite having the FoS or not, you still have a mount that no other class can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Blood Elves have a racial paladin charger too, which means that the only races that share one are Dwarves and Humans. Sort of sucks to be them :P
    Belfs don't ride horses tho, they ride chickens, yet they got to keep their horses. Based on the results of my surveys in the Paladin forums over at mmo-champion, I'm pretty certain that if the Belfs had their Chargers replaced as well, the entire Paladin community would have spoken up against this change. Instead, the horde has taken this opportunity to troll alliance players mercilessly over on the WoW forums, where the debate has become so heated that Blizz has been deleting some posts and even entire threads. Players have been called every name in the book and even threatened with violence on more than one occasion. If they are going to use lore as the reason to demount the Draenei, the Belfs should be demounted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Davih View Post
    I dont see the problem
    Despite having the charger FoS you still have a unique class mount that is not unique to your race. Despite having the FoS or not, you still have a mount that no other class can get.
    The problem is that we earned the Charger. If Blizz wants to make the mount that's available from the trainer a racial mount, that's fine, but those of us that earned Chargers deserve the right to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feletrix View Post
    Belfs don't ride horses tho, they ride chickens, yet they got to keep their horses. Based on the results of my surveys in the Paladin forums over at mmo-champion, I'm pretty certain that if the Belfs had their Chargers replaced as well, the entire Paladin community would have spoken up against this change. Instead, the horde has taken this opportunity to troll alliance players mercilessly over on the WoW forums, where the debate has become so heated that Blizz has been deleting some posts and even entire threads. Players have been called every name in the book and even threatened with violence on more than one occasion. If they are going to use lore as the reason to demount the Draenei, the Belfs should be demounted as well.
    I have nothing against you getting a chance at getting your charger back, I was just pointing out that, if anything, the ones that get the raw end of the deal are Dwarves. Blood Elves do get a special mount, even if it isn't similar to their racial hawkstrider, their Paladin mount is the only available to them.

The major issue with implementing changes is not so much the coding as the debugging and issues that can arise from it. It might not seem like something like this could cause issues, but it very well could, including, but not limited to, causing people to end up stuck with mounts that they didn't want (you wanted your charger, but ended up with the Elekk or someone who wants an Elekk ends up with a Charger due to problems with the code).

I was quite upset when they took away the permanent tree-form from Resto druids, and was really hoping they would implement the suggested minor glyph to allow Resto druids to keep it. Instead, they implemented a minor glyph to allow resto druids to keep their old form when they use the CD, over the new form, which just rubs salt in the wound since it was clearly something they could have done but chose not to do. I'm always in favor of giving players more options, but sometimes Blizzard just doesn't do them, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    The major issue with implementing changes is not so much the coding as the debugging and issues that can arise from it. It might not seem like something like this could cause issues, but it very well could, including, but not limited to, causing people to end up stuck with mounts that they didn't want (you wanted your charger, but ended up with the Elekk or someone who wants an Elekk ends up with a Charger due to problems with the code).
    Blizzard already has an ingame mount exchange program in place that works fine for anyone with the old school, unarmored epic Nelf cat mount to exchange it for the newer armored ones. I already have been stuck with a mount that I do not want and have had a mount that I do want taken away. ANY piece of code, if written incorrectly can cause problems. It's not that difficult to have an NPC check for a Feat of Strength, then check to see if the reward associated with it is present. If it isn't, then provide a script that allows it to be returned. It's just like any other quest, and Blizzard has written thousands of quests scripts. There is no reason to anticipate that fixing this would somehow be more difficult or error prone than turning in a simple quest.

Also, I'm sorry that you lost your tree form. Plenty of Druids on the WoW forums have been using the threads about Draenei losing their Chargers to ask for their tree form to be returned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Feletrix View Post
    Also, I'm sorry that you lost your tree form. Plenty of Druids on the WoW forums have been using the threads about Draenei losing
    their Chargers to ask for their tree form to be returned as well.
    Doesn't surprise me, but I don't see us getting it back. Blizzard showed quite clearly how much they don't care when they made a minor glyph to allow the new trees to have the old tree model, but had nothing to offer for us to keep the form completely. That, above all else, is what makes me feel like we're not like to see much of a change here, even though it would be great. Blizzard has shown they care in the past, but they've also shown that they're equally capable of not doing so as well, which makes it difficult to anticipate their responses to such issues.

+ Reply to Thread