+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draenei Chargers gone.

Draenei Chargers gone.

With Patch 4.0.3 all Draenei Paladins, even those with the Charger Feat of Strength that clearly states; "Completed the quest to obtain a Charger", have had their Chargers removed from their inventories and replaced with Elekks. I feel that those of us who earned our Chargers deserve the option to choose between the Charger that we earned and the Elekk being forced upon us. Blizzard has told me that the only way to recover my Charger is to pay them $25 to race change to human. They also told me to go air my concerns on their forums, but so far at least 7 of the threads on this topic, consisting of hundreds of posts each, have been deleted, as have many of the positive posts in the remaining threads, while leaving the troll posts intact. So I bring my plight to you good people. Do you believe that Paladins, regardless of their race, that earned their Chargers should be allowed to keep them?

The new elekk is stunning. My paladin isnt my main, but i do envy the draenei, they are the only Paladin Race with a Unique looking Paladin mount. im actually considering Tfering my Paladin to ally just to get it.
    DPS is the game, Healing is my Fame

Rankadin (Hpally)
    Skratchet (Kitty)

Quote Originally Posted by Damango View Post
    The new elekk is stunning. My paladin isnt my main, but i do envy the draenei, they are the only Paladin Race with a Unique looking Paladin mount. im actually considering Tfering my Paladin to ally just to get it.
    but do you believe that the Paladins that earned the Chargers should be allowed to keep them?

I understand what you are saying but what is the cutoff? Do they give that option just to the people that have the Feat of Strength? Do they have the ability to tell who got the riding skill by X date in order to give them the option? That seems like a lot of work for one race and one class. The former sys admin in me groans at the thought of combing through that data.

But I'm sure that if enough people raise their voice loud enough Blizz will do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshorn View Post
    I understand what you are saying but what is the cutoff? Do they give that option just to the people that have the Feat of Strength?
    IMHO anyone that has the Feat of Strength deserves the mount that they earned, regardless of the date. It would be a very simple task to run an if/then statement to check for the Feat of Strength. If it's there, then the option to trade the Elekk for the Charger would become available, either at the trainer, the SW Quartermaster or (most appropriately) from the King himself. I'm pretty sure that's how they code most of the quests in the game after all. I'd be glad to write the code for them, if they let me >;D
    Last edited by Feletrix; 11-30-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Just wanted to correct you on what you said about Draenei being the only race with a unique pally mount. Tauren also have there own mount.

The answer your question Feletrix....Yes I do think that those that actually did the quest chain to earn there charger, SHOULD be able to keep it. That quest was a pain and made the mount that much more special.

FYI, Tauren Paladins get a Kodo.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Quote Originally Posted by Grannos View Post
    Just wanted to correct you on what you said about Draenei being the only race with a unique pally mount. Tauren also have there own mount.

The answer your question Feletrix....Yes I do think that those that actually did the quest chain to earn there charger, SHOULD be able to keep it. That quest was a pain and made the mount that much more special.
    Thank you for correcting me without flaming me! The posters in this forum sure do seem to be quite more civil than those on the Blizz forums. Is it usually so pleasant around here or have I just been lucky so far?

Normally people behave themselves for fear of the mythical Banhammer who is ever watching.

Oh Hello.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Normally people behave themselves for fear of the mythical Banhammer who is ever watching.

Oh Hello.
    Pleasure to meet you! This is a wonderful website ya'll have here! Without it, Nerve never would have downed the Lich King! It sure is nice to be in a forum that feels more like an actual forum, unlike the Blizz forums, where it felt more like someone was dumping sacks full of kittens into a shark tank! myew! WARGLBLRGLRGGGGGGgggggggggggg.........

Yes, if one earned a mount, it should not be taken from them, unless there's a faction or class change involved.
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post

Oh Hello.
    'Mythical' is not how I would describe the Kazhammer...

The forum over at mmo-champion allowed me to create polls, so I created 2 of them in the Class Discussions/ Paladin forum. the 1st was a simple Yes/No poll asking if Paladins with the Charger Feat of Strength should be allowed to keep them. Surprisingly, even in a Paladin forum, the results are pretty much a tie. This intrigued me, so I created a second poll, this one comprised of all of the arguments that were made for and against this issue when I was being trolled mercilessly over at the WoW forums. The results of this second poll are rather interesting and I invite all of you to take a look. I would post a link to it, but I'm not sure if doing so would violate the ToS of this forum and I seek not the wrath of the Mighty Kazeyonoma :O
    Last edited by Feletrix; 12-02-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feletrix View Post
    IMHO anyone that has the Feat of Strength deserves the mount that they earned, regardless of the date. It would be a very simple task to run an if/then statement to check for the Feat of Strength. If it's there, then the option to trade the Elekk for the Charger would become available, either at the trainer, the SW Quartermaster or (most appropriately) from the King himself. I'm pretty sure that's how they code most of the quests in the game after all. I'd be glad to write the code for them, if they let me >;D
    Nope it's all in SQL (they have posted WOW jobs for SQL devs and DBA's on the blizz site before). So it's not a simple if then, it's easy enough to run a tSQL query for all the players with the achievement so getting the data would take no time at all. But to give only those of a specific race/class the option to trade/buy for a specific mount would need another column or packing the data in an existing one. Either option would not be very hard but would require an actual server re-compile to know what to do with the new data streams.

The thing that you're forgetting is that draenei look SO SILLY on a charger. A goat riding a horse?! Ridiculous! This is half the reason my bf race-changed his draenei pally to a dwarf.

I'm pretty sure that Blood Elves have a racial paladin charger too, which means that the only races that share one are Dwarves and Humans. Sort of sucks to be them :P

the thing that has realy got me angry is that before, with the exception of the stormwind bank, the paly mount could get into any door they wanted. now there is no door in basically the entire city that we can get through without dismounting. with such a massive expansion coming out, would it have been such a big undertaking to make sure that the standard mount for a race of paladins can make it into places without casting a spell or right clicking a buff?

Really? I've found that even on horses, my Draenei characters have had a hard time fitting through doors anyways. Sometimes my humans do too. Also, my Draenei on an Elekk fits fine through the SI:7 doors towards the trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowchikawow View Post
    the thing that has realy got me angry is that before, with the exception of the stormwind bank, the paly mount could get into any door they wanted. now there is no door in basically the entire city that we can get through without dismounting. with such a massive expansion coming out, would it have been such a big undertaking to make sure that the standard mount for a race of paladins can make it into places without casting a spell or right clicking a buff?
    It's not "the standard mount for a race of paladins," this is not some NEW hatorade on pallies. It's "the standard mounts for two races (draenei and tauren) can't fit through doors". And it's been this way since forever. Just do what I did... get a chopper :-D

Quote Originally Posted by titan-st View Post
    Nope it's all in SQL. So it's not a simple if then, it's easy enough to run a tSQL query for all the players with the achievement so getting the data would take no time at all. But to give only those of a specific race/class the option to trade/buy for a specific mount would need another column or packing the data in an existing one. Either option would not be very hard but would require an actual server re-compile to know what to do with the new data streams.
    Well, I'm not familiar with SQL, but as a novice programmer it seems to me that all they would need to do is check to see if a player had the Feat of Strength. Race/ Class is unimportant, as only Paladins would have this FoS, and if they choose to fix it, then they are agreeing that race shouldn't be an issue. They could treat this just like a turn in for a reward, just like any of the other thousands of other quests out there. If the FoS is there, then the option to choose which mount you want becomes available, that way the Draenei that like the Elekk can keep them, and those that want to keep the Chargers that they earned can get them back. It's an easy win-win.

+ Reply to Thread