+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A simple Macro request (I hope)

A simple Macro request (I hope)

First let me state I really did spend a couple hours searching for the solution on my own, and I know most mages don't tank. On the other hand many of you seem pretty bright and maybe someone here can help me out.

As an arcane mage if I am doing a mana conservation rotation like

Arcane Blast x3
    Arcane Missiles if possible(channeled, and is only castable with a proc)
    Arcane Barrage if AM not possible(instant cast)

I would really love it if I could bind AM and Abarr into one key, mainly due to lag reasons. Not knowing for a full second whether my clicking AM is doing anything really kills my dps. If I could hit one button and cast something regardless of whether AM procd or not that'd be nice. I tried every /cast /castsequesnce combo I could think of.
    Thanks just for reading this, and thank you very much to anyone who figures it out.

edit:to be clear, Arcane Blast is to stay on it's own button.
    Last edited by soggyshorts; 11-26-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: clarity

I'm not sure if this macro can be made. Actually, I seriously doubt it.

More importantly, you really don't want to make this macro. Being able to use procs like this and being able to predict them to some extent is one of the things that makes dpsers great.

As far as I know, the macro system has a piece of code in it that disables the execution of two global cooldowned (or otherwise protected) functions in the same macro, and it simply ignores any gcd-ed ability after the first.

Two other things.
    First, stop clicking. Keybinds are - especially in situations like this where you have half a second to decide what to cast - far better.
    Secondly, you can get power auras or a similar addon to give you a better indicator of when you can use AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

this kind of macros don't work anymore.

Get LeatrixLatencyFix http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html if you haven't done that already. This might solve your lag issues.
    Apart from that, simply follow Martie's instructions and try to become a better player.

Have you tried looking into editing your tolerance latency, can't remember where you edit it exactly think its under interface > combat

To look up your ping is holding over the little computer on the minibar, hope that helps.

Awesome, LeatrixLatencyFix works great, and now with minimal lag there's no need for a macro like this as I know pretty quick whether AM procd or not.

Thank you very much for your prompt responses! (and all the ICC vids btw)

P.S. I'm not sure how I gave the impression that I was clicking spells, I only use my mouse for targeting during combat, and tab more often than not.
    edit: I see where I posted "clicking" I meant hitting for some reason my brain thinks I "click" the 4 button with my finger on the keyboard.

+ Reply to Thread