+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vexryn's Cataclysm Tanking Master Gear List & Gear Progression

Quote Originally Posted by Pek View Post
    Just wanted to chirp in and say thank you for your work Vexryn. I'm a prot warrior and have found your lists to be very clean, concise and exactly what I need when deciding gear sets. I've passed your website onto other plate tanks and they too have been pleasantly surprised at how well structured your lists are. Once again, thank you and keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the kind words Pek.

If there's anything else you think I need to cover that I'm missing, I'm always open to feedback. I may not take all of it, but I'm listening at least.

Had a few minor bugfixes recently. Old links to PTR website should all be fixed now.

Implemented a long list of minor fixes for the list, including fixing all the tier drop locations for regular and heroic.

Do you mind if I link to your gear guide in my more general paladin tanking guide?

Just a small fix, the Neck from Sinestra is 379, not 378. Like I said, minor, but thought I would chime in.
    To all the Tanks that gem Stamina: "It's not the magic attack that kills you, it's the physical attack before and after."

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Do you mind if I link to your gear guide in my more general paladin tanking guide?
    Please do!

Quote Originally Posted by edeesis View Post
    Just a small fix, the Neck from Sinestra is 379, not 378. Like I said, minor, but thought I would chime in.
    Oops, thanks. Had it 379 on one list and 378 on the other. Fixed!

Now being updated for patch 4.3! Dragon Soul raid drops are in; valor point gear and other updates coming soon!

Further reading at Vexryn's Gear Guide - Now Updating For Patch 4.3!

Tier 13 is slightly different for paladins then for warriors & dks, for example pally shoulders are parry/expertise while warrior/dk shoulders are mastery/expertise. Guess its to prevent paladins from overcapping mastery. Might be worth to add the warrior Tier as well but I'm biased :P

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=72873#reward-from-q might be worth adding since there aren't that many ranged options. The parry/mastery stats make it very close to unexpected backup (which tooltip is showing stoutman talisman).

As always great list

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Tier 13 is slightly different for paladins then for warriors & dks, for example pally shoulders are parry/expertise while warrior/dk shoulders are mastery/expertise. Guess its to prevent paladins from overcapping mastery. Might be worth to add the warrior Tier as well but I'm biased :P

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=72873#reward-from-q might be worth adding since there aren't that many ranged options. The parry/mastery stats make it very close to unexpected backup (which tooltip is showing stoutman talisman).

As always great list
    Awesome feedback Bigbad, thanks.

I didn't realize the tier itemization was different this time. I'll have to figure out how to show both without making it too cumbersome. Thanks for the heads-up.

As for the quest item, I'll add it in now. Thanks.

Further updated for Patch 4.3 heroic 5-man dungeons (and a few quest items).

awesome vex

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    awesome vex
    I'll be adding DK and warrior tier gear to the list tomorrow since pieces are itemized differently. Having trouble getting the gear to come up with proper links from the ptr.wowhead.com site, but I'll get them off live ASAP.

as always, working diligently to help the tanking community. Nice to see you still going strong Vexryn.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasanagi View Post
    THIS IS WHERE I PRETEND TO NOT CARE ABOUT WIZARD CAT. <[;3

Updated for some new BoEs I missed originally. Thanks Klausi!

Epic gem updates added now as well.

Will get various class tier gear sorted out soon (where stats are different).

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns or other stuff missing!

Shouldn't this be listed as a paladin source not an "all tank" source?

Or have you evaluated the paladin tier to equal that of all other classes?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Shouldn't this be listed as a paladin source not an "all tank" source?

Or have you evaluated the paladin tier to equal that of all other classes?
    Up until tier 13, the tier pieces were identical, so I just listed one of them because the stats were equivalent.

I just recently became aware that the tank tier pieces no longer match across plate classes, and will be getting all three plate types integrated into the list this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexryn View Post
    Up until tier 13, the tier pieces were identical, so I just listed one of them because the stats were equivalent.

I just recently became aware that the tank tier pieces no longer match across plate classes, and will be getting all three plate types integrated into the list this weekend.
    Well in that case, well done.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Finally fully updated for all plate tank classes - paladin/warrior/DK! Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread