+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vexryn's Cataclysm Tanking Master Gear List & Gear Progression

VERY useful guide! I think I read it like 100 times per day, lol. Thanks for the work!
    Here's a few bugs I've found while reading:
    Back: Wrap of the Great Turtle should be dodge/mastery.
    1H Weapon: Mace of the Gullet is linked to Sun Strike.
    Trinket: Baradin Grunt's Talisman is linked to Impetuous Query. The source is Hellscream's Reach: Honored. The alliance counterpart is Baradin Footman's Tags.

Thanks for the info Tschus. I'll get all that fixed right now!

Re: Vexryn's Cataclysm Tanking Master Gear List & Gear Progression

I've been looking for a write up like this for Paladin Tanks for several days now and this is much more than I expected! Thank you for the very extensive guide.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

since you added the slots for bears and dks, think you could quickly throw up any bis stuff for the ranged slot for us warriors? ;D

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    since you added the slots for bears and dks, think you could quickly throw up any bis stuff for the ranged slot for us warriors? ;D
    I second! Please, that'd be awesome!

Thank you very much for the list it came in handy.

Added a few fixes and updates now that item databases are pretty complete.

Fixed all remaining drop locations that were previously marked unknown, and a few updated tank trinket options!

For those following the guide, I just finished a massive re-write of the gearing up guide, including discussion of all of the various epics available and where to spend your gold, the order of reputations to grind, what to buy first with Justice Points, etc.

You can see the updated version of the gear prioritization guide at: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...wtopic#p626895

Also, the full information guide at:
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...wtopic#p626892

As always, please let me know if you find any problems or errors. Hope this is helpful!

Vexryn, if you want, I can try to port over your copies from maintankadin here if you want and keep it maintained, just let me know when you do it. You'll get full credit for it, but it'll basically be a copy/paste of what you have over there.

Nice rewrite. I'd still strongly recommend a ranged weapon assessment if you want it to be viable for all plate tanks. Show us warriors the love you've shown dks, man.

It's probably worth noting that the Grounded Plasma Shield has a chance of putting a 100% crit debuff on you when you use it, as well as a root effect and a massive aoe taunt. It's not a huge % but it's something to consider when you're considering it a cooldown. It may very well get you killed.

As requested, I've shown some love to my warrior brethren; ranged slot (gun) tank options are now listed.

My sympathies to the warriors. Your options for this slot really suck until you get/buy the Bastion of Twilight trash drop! If I missed another piece of gear in this slot, please let me know!

nope, you got it dead on, there's only some greens, some agi blues, and the pvp throwing weapon or the BoE drop in BoT. the Blue "Thundercall" never made it onto live servers so it doesn't exist in game.

nope, you got it dead on, there's only some greens, some agi blues, and the pvp throwing weapon or the BoE drop in BoT. the Blue "Thundercall" never made it onto live servers so it doesn't exist in game.
    Yeah, I thought about including some of the agility pieces, but they don't even seem to be "useful" versions, like agility/hit/mastery that you could use. They are itemized with agility/crit/haste and totally not-tank-useful stuff like that. :/

My sympathies again! At least our one "ranged" slot option for tankadins is just a basic 700 valor points!

with a gem socket!

with a gem socket!
    Don't nerf me, bro!

A few recent minor updates and bug fixes. Always welcoming input if there's more that should be here but isn't!

No, Only people that have bs, and the other professsions can Need on Chaos Orbs. This stops people from Needing on it when they dont have one of thoes professions.

Will be updating this list as patch 4.1 loot details come along in the next few weeks.

Yay for new content!

+ Reply to Thread