+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Pally Healing Cataclysm

Holy Pally Healing Cataclysm

Hello fellow Holly Pallys. I wanted to get your thoughts on how you will be healing initially in Cata. I know nothing is set in stone but after 4.0.3a which nerfed my HS pretty bad it leaves me a little frustrated. As of right now to me it seems like the whole BoL crossover healing is done. Now I will be BoL whoever I plan to focus my healing on for the benefits if ToR to keep up my Holy Power, while hitting them with FoL or HL. I will hit the rest of the raid with HS, WoG or LoD depending on who is taking damage and how much. I know its early in the new expansion but I wanted to hear your thoughts and ideas. Thanks all.

The nerf to HS really does suck, but since IoL was changed to also affect Divine Light, ill still be using HS alot to proc IoL for tank healing, as for when it doesn't proc ill probably be using FoL or HL depending on the damage that is coming.

The biggest disapointment for me, was definitely the change to speed of light, and Infusion of light. I really felt like they had it down right with 4.0.1, the tree had allot of synergy, and was allot of fun to play imo. LoD was an awesome change. Hits 6 targets for a considerable amount more, at the same time it makes word of glory kinda useless, 9/10 its going to be better to use LoD if you have 6targets in front of you. I think they need to change LoD so the heals don't transfer through beacon. With my gear i crit 6players for 11k. that's 33k onto my beacon. We will never forget the crazyness of 3.3.3, but overall i think Holy paladins are allot more enjoyable.

Yeah I to am not happy with the HS nerf however right now with the ToR speck, 2 pts into Eternal Glory, and glyphed into Word of Glory, my WoG's are hitting for 11-16k which is fantastic. My healing if you want to call it a rotation has been HS>DL/HL>HL>WoG/LoD. Of coarse I take into consideration IoL and EG procs. I also take full advantage of ToR. Reg and some Heroic ICC has been no problem. We shall see what the theorycrafters put out once were a few months into Cataclysm.

The change to Illuminated Healing is amazing. Now accounting for anywhere from 16-26% of healing done (without stacking mastery). The extra 2 second duration on the absorb has made all the difference. I'm not sure that mastery is going to become so awesome at 85 that we will go out of our way to stack it (gem, chant), but I no longer feel that Holy Paladins got the shaft with mastery.

WoG is pmuch obsolete with the changes to LoD. LoD simply heals for too much compared to WoG for our HP to be spent healing one target + beacon. So I am no longer glyphiing WoG or taking the Eternal Glory talent (though this spell is still AMAZING for pvp). This does change the importance of ToR. ToR is a talent that I had been skipping in my raiding spec up until now. It was just waste of throughput to be healing your beacon directly. It was mana efficient, sure, but mana is not yet a true premium as a resource. ToR can now be used to build HP more quickly and then spent on a powerful raid healing spell.

I also love the fact that PotI now transfers to our beacon target. It makes the 50% nerf to BoL a bit easier to take, and puts those often wasted PotI self heals to work.

I am very excited for Holy Paladin healing in Cata. Holy Radiance will be amazingly fun (even after the recent nerfs).

EDIT: Oh yeah... having Hand of Sacrifice on a 90 sec CD is pretty damn awesome!
    "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."

Thanks for the feedback. I was in an ICC 25 man last night where I BoL the main tank and stuck with the ToR healing method. However, the other Pally wasnt too familiar with the ToR method so I was throwing out alot of extra heals on the two other tanks. LoD was putting out some incredible heals. Now in Cata will Crossover healing from 2 H. Pallies still be viable vs the ToR method? Your thoughts !

+ Reply to Thread