+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kin with no boom

Kin with no boom

So I leveled my Druid up to 80 to have something other than a warrior to play but since 4.0, and a new baby, I haven't really had much of a chance to play around with the changes. I followed an example I found for spec to test but to no avail even if it's a decent build I cannot work out a decent rotation with the new eclipse bar.

Would someone help me out with either build or rotation or maybe both? My boomkin really wants her BOOM! back :-(

Ty

With no way of knowing who your druid is, it is difficult to offer advice specific for them. You should at least include an armory link. Your tankspot profile only lists your warrior (and doesn't have the server name spelled right either by the way).

All I can offer is general advice.
    First of all, read the guides from Hamlet over at Elitist Jerks. There isn't a 4.0.3 specific guide finalized yet, there is a Cataclysm draft here and the official 4.0.1 guide here. The vast majority of the information in the 4.0.1 guide still apply.

Of particular interest is the Balance Power Tracker addon which has forseen power calculation included in it which most addons do not. Knowing what your power is while important, isn't as important as knowing what your power will be. Knowing your future power enables you to change your casting priorities at the correct time.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 11-29-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Yumshrooms

I find this to be an extremely viable talent/glyph setup and it works quite well for me. This should also help in terms of what kind of gear/gems you should be looking for if that is a concern for you as well. Hope this helps!

Fungal Growth is worthless until level 85 when you have Wild Mushroom. At level 80, the benefit to when your Treants die is worthless.
    Dreamstate shouldn't be required in high end tier 10 gear since the replenishment from Eclipse procs should be sufficient mana regeneration.
    Additionally, Moonglow is a relatively worthless talent in tier 10 gear since you are mana efficient enough without it.

You are wearing two pieces of cloth gear. Keep in mind that because of your leather mastery, any leather gear you gain has 5% more intellect. Even though mastery as a stat is worthless, this 5% bonus to our primary stat is not.

You are currently 2% under hit capped.

Sadly since the armory doesn't account for Prime Glyphs I can't evaluate you on those. Glyph of Solar Beam is a PvP glyph and Glyph of Innervate you shouldn't require since mana regen should be sufficient without it in that high of gear. This may change when you level, but right now mana is not a problem for high end Balance Druids. Though they only actual DPS increasing glyph would be Glyph of Focus provided being max range isn't a factor in the context.

Also since the armory can't account for reforging, it isn't possible to evaluate what you are doing in that area.

Your chest and cape are unenchanted and your boots have spirit enchant on them. While you are sub hit capped and Spirit is helpful, Tuskar's Vitality would still be prefered and hit cap should be balanced with gemming and reforging. Not having the minor speed increase is actually quite costly in any fight with movement.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread