+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm getting pawned! Where do I go from here?

I'm getting pawned! Where do I go from here?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lfang&cn=Zeyad

Okay so here is my Pally. I'm finding myself getting demolished by mages, warlocks, priest, and pallys. I'm always getting feared and stunned and hit with all kinds of poisons and curses. I've got my hit rating up enough that my spells will not miss, but my expertise it not high enough. Does it matter if my melee can be parried and dodged since me being a pally, I use mainly spells? What should I focus on for ret pvp? Should i stack crit or attack power? I plan to get a 2h wrathful polearm. 1 or 2 more bgs and I'll be able to get the wrathful legs. I was told to wait for the hands till last. I've tried pvp in prot spec. It was pretty good with stopping me from getting killed as quick, but does nothing as far as attacking. I want to be a force to reckon with on the killing fields. Can someone give me some advice. Help me so that I can stay healed up also, and can someone give me a for sure rotation that is sure to be a winner??

I know its a lot to take in, but hell, when you want to be the best, you have to learn from the best!!

Thanks!!

Only a little over 2 weeks left before Cataclysm. Basically the only thing worth doing is replacing all your pieces with Wrathful, Relentless Ring and getting the PVP trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

I am in the process of doing that. I have one of the pvp trinks, hit rating, i'm just a little confused on what to stack more of, crit, attack power, and or expertise.

PvP is too frustrating to seriously worry about at the moment. Resilience seems to do not a lot at all and mages are running around blowing the crap out of anything that moves. I went into a BG post 4.01 as a prot pally with over 45k hp and got burned down before I even had a chance to close the gap.

In terms of actual advice, I had a quick look at your ret spec and you could probably shuffle a couple of points around. You would probably benefit from taking divine storm. It's not as good as before the patch but its still ok. You could drop the point out of the prot tree and put somewhere else. Not sure what your pvp gear is like (cos you logged out in pve stuff).

Generally the patch has been a little kinder to casters I'd say. Holy may be your best bet until things balance out a bit.

Thanks for the advice. I thought about switching to Holy, but I don't have the gear for Holy. I also don't really have the skill to heal adequately. I tried the prot spec and it didn't do much for me either. I've been having better results the more I hone my skills in Ret. But I do plan to respec to Holy once I get the gear. I also just plan to wait for Cata to go live before I spend anymore JP or HP. I think I will take your advice and add Divine storm to the mix. It does add an extra attack. And since I've taken it out, I find myself lacking that extra attack. Im going to switch back my gear, if it's not already to my pvp gear and you can tell me what you think, so far.

Thanks Again!

there's a law that if you go back to the pawn shop soon enough you can reclaim your stuff.

+ Reply to Thread