+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Cata] Pre-Raid Gear

Hi, I was looking through your great thread and noticed this:

Raz's Pauldrons - 333 - DUNGEON Blackrock Caverns - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

This item is listed as 333 when Blackrock Caverns is a level 80 dungeon, and this item is a level 308 rare that is actually worse than the questing rare you have mentioned. I just thought I would let you know!

Thank you again for the great thread!

Bump........

Thanks, very useful post!!! Using it as a guide now!

thundercall doesn't exist in game.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    thundercall doesn't exist in game.
    Is this actually true?

It's true, Thundercall is not in game. Green quest rewards or agility blues are best until the BOE epic from Twilight Bastion trash.

or if you are decent at pvp and have a healy friend, queue up for some arenas, i think upon 3 wins you'll have enough points to buy the pvp axe, reforge the crit to mastery (can't reforge resil, really blizz? really?), and you've got yourself a semi decent str/stam/mastery throwing weapon for 700 conquest points.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    It's true, Thundercall is not in game. Green quest rewards or agility blues are best until the BOE epic from Twilight Bastion trash.
    Rawr lists dragonwreck throwing axe as better for than the crossfire carbine for mitigation/avoidance.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but is it worth it for a warrior tank just starting out to buy [Elementium Earthguard] with [Shield of the Four Grey Towers] being an option too? I mean, I can reforge the hit obviously, but it still makes me wonder. The shield goes for around 4k on my server, which isn't too bad in my opinion.

I went for the crafted shield over the jp one myself. While it's true that mastery and some avoidance are rightly being prioritized, that does not diminish the value of the higher armor and stamina you'll get from the crafted shield much in this case. I think you're on the right track to consider reforging the hit there as well.

If you're in an active guild, I'd highly recommend you check with crafters there first - the mats for that shield are not too bad honestly, and if you can get the help of a BS (pattern is not too bad to get), and 1-2 alchemists (volatiles, truegold), you should be able to get the shield crafted pretty easily. I *think* it only requires 1 orb - setup a guild group to run heroic VP or something and arrange up-front for the orb to go to your blacksmith.

Thank you for that response. I went with your advise and had one of my guildmates craft me one, think that saved me about 1.5k. The BoE belt seems pretty fine with the new socket too doesn't it? How does it compare to the Hyjal exalted one, is it really worth the money? And how about the BS Chest? I honestly feel like that one is quite worthless, from a cost/upgrade perspective when looking at the JP one, or am I wrong?
    Last edited by Reginar; 02-16-2011 at 10:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread