+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior keybinds/Action bars

Prot warrior keybinds/Action bars

Hello, I am new to prot warriors and tankspot. I was just wondering if there are any easier ways to manage my bars (Macros and such). I have alot of buttons even though i am not 80 yet, and i use most of them. Also a little insight on how your bars are set up would be a great help!
    Thanks in advance!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...210_221033.jpg

Bartender is the addon I use to to manage my bars, Tidy Plates with Threat Plates for my name bar. I use PowerAuras to track Demoshout/Thunderclap type debuffs, as well as rend, Spell Reflect and SnB procs, they're not active but they show small icons and timers for each de/buff above and to left and right of the main action bar, the DBM timer bars migrate from their shown position to directly above the main action bar when the timer is near to expiry

I use a 6 button mouse, with a tiltable mousewheel, you can see most of my key binds in the screen shot, I use the tilt for strafing left and right, and the 4 extra mouse buttons for back peddle, battle shout, Heroic Throw and my Charge macro. I have Shield bash key bound to apostrophe as well as 8, and concusion blow to B as well 9.

I have something of a Unique structure to my UI, I have DBM setup to page the main action bar, between bars 1, 2, and 7 (no particular reason for numbering, they were just empty bars when i cam up with the idea simply turn on all of the default UI action bars except right bare 2), all three of the bars have an identical layout of abilities, however bar 2 has heroic strike macroed into Rev, Dev, and SS, and bar seven has Cleave macroed to them in palce of HS. I use T to cycle th

my charge macro was written some time ago, so is a little archaic, basically i will cast in sequence charge, then intercept if charge is on CD if you're targeting a hostile, Intervene if you're target is friendly. it will also pop SB and Zerker Rage. this can be clumsy to use. Though it does mean any time I charge I pop both, though i have yet to find a time when i feel this is much of a disadvantage (and when i do i resort to clicking). It gves me one button for alot of things depending on the situation.

#showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 charge, intercept, charge
    /cast [help] intervene
    /cast shield block
    /cast berserker rage

I have also since switched Vigilance and Rend's keybinds, i assume eventually BnT spec's will be a viable choice, and with the change to Vigilance i don't need to throw it about as much i expect i will need to rend in future, so may aswell be ready for it.

Thankyou <3! great help!

What kind of mouse are you using?

I found that a gamepad was a much better option for the large number of warrior abilities I use on a regular basis. Here's a picture of my keybinds pre-4.0. Some small things have changed since I made this picture but not too much.

a Logitech MX620. I'm now on to my second one of these.

+ Reply to Thread