+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help adjusting

Haven't played in 1 1/2 years, I need some help

So I returned today to the good ol land of Warcraft. I have an 80 troll hunter. I have not played for 1 1/2 years and when I logged on, I felt like I had just logged on for the first time.

So I am posting here for a call for help, I noticed that hunters now run off of focus points and I saw some rotations, but I am wondering if someone can kind of tutor me in the current "rules and regulations" of gameplay and also in the newly adapted Hunter gameplay. I know changes are still to come when cataclysm hits the table but I would like to be some what educated by then, so if anyone can help by posting or even coming in game and showing me around that would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Ottox; 11-19-2010 at 05:33 PM.

I don't know about Survival and Marks, but my general rule of thumbs as BM are somewhat like this:

Focus is balanced around the idea of making steady shot focus building into the replacement for arcane shot's old 6 second cooldown. In a standard rotation, you'll be doing 2 or 3 steady shots per arcane shot, and just rapid firing them off during heroism. There is no practical cap on haste % anymore. A general idea with focus is that your focus should stay "around" 30~40 focus, reaching 40~50 focus in time for your spec's heavy focus dump. following the 3:1 ratio will help ensure that.

Stack Mastery as a primary stats, with haste as a close secondary, and feel perfectly free to slam rapidfire during heroism, it makes your focus regen faster. rapid fire and heroism pretty much will let you chain dump arcane shots into the target at leisure. Right now we presently suffer the burn of not having aspect of the Fox, but once we have it haste will be even more desirable.

Keep a handful of pets that compliment your average group composition's missing buffs or debuffs. I like the following loadout:

Primary pet:
    - Carrion Bird (Demoralizing Shout. Because warriors and druids don't seem to care anymore.)
    Alternate pets:
    - Spirit Beast (Roar of Courage, You can get it from a Cat if you're not BM)
    - Core hound (Heroism)
    - Worm. (aoe tank pet for emergencies)

Other nice options:
    - Wind Serpent (Curse of Elements) Cobra Shot FTW
    - Raptors (sunder armor)

Yeah I am definately planning on going BM as my 2ndary talent tree, but I can't decide between MM and SV for PvE....I have look up a bunch of builds and they just both have their pros and cons that I can't decide.

Hmm... Well, if you're not satisfied with BM as a primary, give Survival a shot. There hasn't been much good said of Marks these days.

+ Reply to Thread