Closed Thread

Thread: Holy paladin? Not worth it?

Holy paladin? Not worth it?

So, today we finally got out nerf, the nerfs we got was the following:
    Code:
    Protector of the innocent no longer give you an free bonus heal.
    Holy Shock healing reduced by 33%
    Blessed Life now gives you an free holy power ever 8 second of being beaton on, up from every 2 sec.
    so lets look at the holy shock avarege healing is around 4-5k (down from 7-8) normal heals, and 6-8k (down from 10-13) crits. this is with me using crusad (3) glyph of seal of insight, and holy shock glyph for crit,

so what the hell is the point of that, in cataclysm the tanks got around 180k hp, atleast thats what i saw when i were playing it, now you're giving us an heal that can do around 3/18 health of an tank?, while the other healers just use an greater heal or some crap?

Blessed life ain't worth having annymore simply because you're dead in the 8 seconds it takes you to get 3 stacks annyway.

when you're lucky enough to get an killing blow in an bg as an Hpala, which isn't your job. you get an somewhat good buff (increase your healing done by next Holy Light by 300%) , which i can heal about 16k with, but when will a Hpala take a break of healing people just to get an killing blow.

Daybreak talent in my opinion isn't eather worth taking, as the Holy Shock suck so f*ing bad atm.

I even tried to join several OS runs today (weekly) and the leaders didn't take me due my heals was considered worthless.

Just me going overboard or is this f*ck up?

your talking about talents not really focused on rading, I mean the Holy shock nerf excluded, but we are the only class with an instant free heal that rivals most other classes greater heal. You do get Bonus heals if you dont heal yourself, so basically you cant go into PvP with full PvE gear any more and just heal yourself through 5 horde and have no worries. In my mind. the talent to increase your healing after a killing blow is to make Holy pally questing more appealing, in the way that i can pull about 5 mobs and not worry about taking damage because i can do a huge mana efficient heal on myself.

Every class has a Heal that hits for around 5 - 6k any way, Holy light does that, but ive had some pretty impressive Crits with it, so i reckon thats why they nerfed it... but Shrug...
    DPS is the game, Healing is my Fame

Rankadin (Hpally)
    Skratchet (Kitty)

so my druid's that is lvl 65, and crit 8k with swiftmend is real?, they have just nerfed paladins to the ground, and made druid unkillable again, the blessing life was awesome, but its not worth it, if you can go around it. right now, the only thing that keeps an paladin alive is other players healing him, sure he got bubble, but it won't last forever, and what is a 5k heal against an 7k lava burst?, you can just as good stay still spamming divine light.. Oh no wait, you can't because its impossible with every friking class having a CC now, flash heal? you'll eventually runn oom, and then its gg..

Quote Originally Posted by jonei View Post
    so my druid's that is lvl 65, and crit 8k with swiftmend is real?, they have just nerfed paladins to the ground, and made druid unkillable again, the blessing life was awesome, but its not worth it, if you can go around it. right now, the only thing that keeps an paladin alive is other players healing him, sure he got bubble, but it won't last forever, and what is a 5k heal against an 7k lava burst?, you can just as good stay still spamming divine light.. Oh no wait, you can't because its impossible with every friking class having a CC now, flash heal? you'll eventually runn oom, and then its gg..
    You have either not been with ne Decent Holy pallys, or dont know how to play one. Pallys are pretty much indestructable still, Even with a 5k heal against a 7k LB, is better than a Hot that takes a few secconds to tick up to that much. Mastery is guna be a big one for Holy Pallys, and thats what you should be focusing on, because that is a level 85 raiding thing (which is what all this is balanced for)
    Last edited by Damango; 11-24-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    DPS is the game, Healing is my Fame

Rankadin (Hpally)
    Skratchet (Kitty)

Re: Holy paladin? Not worth it?

All I hear is wah wah wah.

Leave the qq nerfbat threads for the official forums please.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Meh, nerfbat aside, I'm still smashing the top of the meters
    Honestly I knew the change was coming, when you can withstand 5 hordies beating on your face in a BG and just run away to help you know there is a nerf coming ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Damango View Post
    because that is a level 85 raiding thing (which is what all this is balanced for)
    This. Everything's been balance around level 85, not 80, so I wouldn't really worry about anything atm.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Goros View Post
    All I hear is wah wah wah.

Leave the qq nerfbat threads for the official forums please.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Forums are closed, there is no way to post there, i've tried several times already. so use brain for once.

And yes we all knew there would be a nerf by surviving 5 hordes jumping you, but now, my friend got 1900 resilience and can't handle one single horde. That is NOT fair. Nuff said

Actually, forums are not closed, you can post on the Paladin forums or the Healing Forums in the new website which would be....drumroll...

us.battle.net/wow

Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Actually, forums are not closed, you can post on the Paladin forums or the Healing Forums in the new website which would be....drumroll...

us.battle.net/wow

Check it out. You won't be disappointed.
    stupid me trying to use the wow-europe.com/forum, guess that one is old then, didn't know about the new one :]

Closed Thread