+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hunter pvp since patch 4.01 - is it really this bad?

Hunter pvp since patch 4.01 - is it really this bad?

I took my first steps into battleground pvp on my hunter last night and I'm still a little shell shocked. It was not a pretty, or fun, experience. I've raided a little bit since the patch and the changes to hunters in a pve sense haven't been too bad (took some getting used to but workable). The changes just don't seem to work in a pvp context though.

Hunters are really toothless tigers now. You can fire off a couple of decent shots before you have to plant yourself to cast a couple of steady shots in order to build up enough focus to do anything decent again. Maybe I just need to get used to the changes in the pvp environment and it won't be so bad, but in the time I spent in BGs last night, I'm not sure how much patience I'll have for that.

How have other hunters found pvp since the patch? Have you managed? I'd be interested to hear how people have (or haven't) adapted, because from my experience so far, hunters in pvp just aren't going to be viable.

"Excuse me Mr Warrior, before you hit me over the head with your axe, please stand still and allow me 4 seconds of quiet time so that I may regain enough focus to tickle you twice".

Our PVP is more or less predicated on having Aspect of the Fox... It's not pretty even with it, but... still.

What's not to like about having your main filler shot that restores focus take 2 seconds to cast - the DK beating on your head in the Battleground will surly understand that it's only sporting for him to stop and allow you to shoot.

switch to bm and spam arcane and kill command

thats how you win...

Hunters have gotten quite harmless with this patch. I was kinda worried about BM but nope, not a threat.

I really miss having the opposition at least approaching me with caution in pvp. Now it's like I'm carrying around a massive sign that reads 'easy HK here'. After another agonizing weekend I'm very close to shelving my hunter and bringing up a new main. Only reason I haven't already is cause I'm not sure I want to leave all those achievements behind.

I agree with the last post, hunter is my main since i started playing and now im thinking to make my dk main, but dunno, all these years and achievements...I also dont like our current pvp situation, but once you get a little used to it its not as bad as at start - i can still kill dk and warr without many problems. But looks like right now hunters are the worst pvp class, aspect of the fox will make things better, but i think not as much as we need it...simply, focus is not working for hunters in pvp, although in pve it looks promising(but im still doing less dps than i did with mana).

If aspect of the fox is the talent that makes pvp bearable then they should hand it out much earlier than lvl 85. I have to say that the changes didn't have a huge impact on me in terms of pve. I didn't like all the changes but I could definitely live with them - work around them. Not so with pvp though. If things are 'balanced around 85' could blizzard please port my hunters ass to 85 so that I don't have to deal with broken leveling?

Aspect of the Fox is an lvl 83 spell, which is still very high level for that spell, since without that you are fucked in pvp. And dont know why you think leveling is broken, now MM looks even better leveling spec than BM...

Quote Originally Posted by Stallker View Post
    Aspect of the Fox is an lvl 83 spell, which is still very high level for that spell, since without that you are fucked in pvp. And dont know why you think leveling is broken, now MM looks even better leveling spec than BM...
    Sorry I meant leveling via pvp (which is what I'd done with alts cos I was sick of quests). Lets face it though, leveling any class in any spec is pretty straight forward, some are easier than others, but questing etc isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    Sorry I meant leveling via pvp (which is what I'd done with alts cos I was sick of quests). Lets face it though, leveling any class in any spec is pretty straight forward, some are easier than others, but questing etc isn't rocket science.
    yeah but its faster than pvp and most ppl just want to lvl the fastest way, and as a tank for example doing insnatces only is faster since you get instant queue

+ Reply to Thread