Thoughts so far: Ramp up time is too high.
I understand it is suppose to "help" but I am afraid it wouldn't scale as well as dps, especially in later gears.
Allowing avoided attacks to contribute to vengeance would be nice.
Here are some ideas:
- Boost overall tank damage (ability base damage)
- Vengeance should scale with the stamina on your gear (not base health)
- Avoided attacks contribute to vengeance (if tech prohibits you can have it grant ap base on stam on gear).
- Lower vengeance max AP cap (shouldnt be seeing things like +20k atk power imo)
- Allow vengeance to stack up faster, but only from direct damage (to prevent dps from utilizing a prot spec for dps due to AP from raid dmg)
- Lower threat coefficient in "stance bonus"
Allowing vengeance to stack up faster and allowing avoidance to grant bonus to vengeance will prob fix the "I cant hold heroic dungeon threat when everyone is in t13 gears" issue.
- Worry about hit and expertise on gear, and still dress appropriately for bosses. Ie, you prob want to be hit capped and expertise softcapped on a fight where vengeance regularly resets due to phase changes/taunt trading
- Still have to follow their skill priority/various procs to hold threat
- Should not purposely have to stand in fire to build a good stack of vengeance
- Should not have to worry about overgearing an instance or "the instance doesn't make my vengeance scale" (not just heroic, might be helping friend to finish ulduar in icc gear)
I am fine with a tank doing competitive dps. Just because a person is tanking a mob doesn't necessary mean his dps should suck. Maybe it will put the less skilled dps in shame to have their weak 11k dps beaten by the tank.
So what if a tank decides to wear dps gears and top meters with insane damage? Well... the raid will have the pay the price of the tank being more difficult to heal due to the missing avoidance. You most like a) way overgear the instance b) have to bring in an extra healer for the tank to pull it off/get godlike healers.
"But everyone will get a tank spec for dailies/soloing" - well... didn't a ton of player complain about the lack of tanks?
Will it ruin pvp? You can make vengeance not work in pvp.