Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loremaster Quests: Any helpful addons?

Loremaster Quests: Any helpful addons?

Obviously the BEST add on would be one that says which quests you HAVEN'T done and where they start. Does it exist?

It is not programmatically possible to ask the server what quests you have done and which you haven't. An addon is limited to what it saw you do, so unless you had the addon installed since you rolled the character, what you're asking for would not be possible.

Personally, I used TourGuide, because it's simple, lightweight, and I like Tekkub's stuff. But I did it on a DK, moving straight from EPL to the starter zones and methodically going through everything, so I didn't face the problem that you do. I'm at 2700 and counting, with Sholazar, Storm Peaks and Icecrown left, so I should get it easily.

You can still use something like TourGuide (it has guides covering all non-group quests from level 1 up), but when you find that it's telling you to pick up something that isn't being offered, just click on the objective and move on. So long as you follow it in order, you can be certain that any quests not being offered are ones that you've done, not ones that you're not eligible for because you didn't do a prerequisite.

I completed Loremaster yesterday, I found Wowhead very useful, this- Items - World of Warcraft and this- Arathi Highlands - Zone - World of Warcraft are incredibly helpful, just gotta change to the zone you're currently in.

I just turn on my "Low Level Quests" tracking, and use QuestHelper. If I'm still in a zone (Outland/Northrend) and I'm missing a few quests, I'll head to WoWHead and just do an NPC search of that area and see if there's a dot where I haven't been.
    "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
    -George Orwell

Wowheads filter searches for "this item begins a quest" per zone and the maps with pinged quest givers are priceless.

I'll check out tourguide as well. Thanks.

EDIT: You know the main problem I'm having. . . picking up quests when I'm in a zone that take me to another zone. I don't want to leave them because I'm afraid I'll forget them. But then my quest log fills.
    Last edited by Leytur; 03-30-2009 at 01:14 AM.

I always try not to leave a zone I'm questing in until I've completed all quests I can find there. Save the quests that carry you out until later.

questhelper now has show missing quests button.

I've looked for this before and someone in a post mentioned an addon I've since been using -- it's called Everyquest. It's simple, lightweight and essentially pings the server and gives ya a simple list of quests you have to do. It's not perfect - there's lots of "go talk to this person" or "listen to my story" type crap that's easily missed. But it's helped me catch up a LOT on old quests I've missed in various zones.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...veryquest.aspx -- Everyquest
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...estgivers.aspx -- Everyquest Givers ( puts yellow ! on your map to show where various givers are)

does that addon take 20+ minutes to get your quests completed or was that just me? i gave up on it and just used the wowhead profiler....seemed a lot easier to set up plus i could just click on a quest and get the info right there.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

If you're going for Loremaster it's worth doing a clean search of every quest area of every zone. It can actually be done pretty quickly on a 100% mount if you have all flight paths. I completed Loremaster with a good amount of quests left over.

I am using everyquest on my 51 BE pally and have found it makes finding the quests amazingly easy. I am 120 quests away from Loremaster of the Eastern Kingodm and still have Most of the Hinterlands, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Blasted Lands, and both Plaguelands to go. I still have a ways to go in Kalimindor, but I haven't quested past Desolace there. As far as taking a long time for it to load, I haven't seen that yet, but I don't even have a thousand quests completed yet.

I just finished the Loremaster achievment today and i used Wowhead looter that you can get at their website, it can track wich quests you have done and wich quests you havent done yet.

I'm using Everyquest here to track things. So far it's working quite well when used in conjunction with wowhead. Everyquest tells me what I still need to do and wowhead gives me the details around the actual quest.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

I have been using Carbonite to get my Loremaster done. It shows the quests left in the area that I haven't done, and clears out the ones I have. I also like it for all the other features it has too: gatherer, warehouse, etc.
    Last edited by Fasselfohh; 05-27-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: grammer :P

I used Questhelper and Wowhead to get my Loremaster a few months ago. Did not have to use any Raid Quests. Would recommend doing Kalimdor first, it gets kind of hairy near the end. On Alliance side there is a guy in Desolace (at Nigel's Landing) who gives a quest to switch centaur rep, it gives you around 10 or so more quests which can be very helpful near the end of the achievement.

The wowhead looter addon is the best thing for Loremaster. It scans your character info and uploads it to the wowhead site. You can then go in and look at each continent and zone and it will differentiate which quests are complete or incomplete. Because its on the wowhead site, you can then find where the quest begins and other requirements.

Loremaster Quests: Any helpful addons?

Used everyquest and wowhead to get me through Kalimdor (500+), outlands (the last 74).

Got loremaster last week.
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

thanks for the info

A quick question for all of you that have completed loremaster of blade's edge in outlands... I have 6 quests left and they all seem to be ogrila quests since I've done every single quest that Wowhead lists for that zone other than ogrila. However, I'm stuck at one. This one quest requires me to get the apexis vibrations (since I'm at work, I can't access WoW websites like wowhead so I can't remember the name of the quest exactly) but I think name of the quest is "An Apexis Crystal"?
    By reading on wowhead about this quest, it mentions that I need to use the Apexis Monuments located in various locations up in those hills and use the crystals in the order that it shows... but when I click on the monument (the middle, large crystal), it doesn't give me an option to activate it. When I click on the little crystals around the edges of the monument and use an apexis shard to activate them, they do a little graphic but do nothing else. What am I doing wrong here? Once I get through this quest, I know that I can finish this zone up because I've read about all the other quests, but this one is holding me up.

BTW, i only need 6 quests in Blade's Edge, 88 quests in Netherstorm, all quests in Storm Peaks, and 14 quests in Icecrown to complete the entire Loremaster. I'm getting excited but this one quest was pissing me off for hours last night. So any help you all can offer would be greatly appreciated.

You need to klick the smaller monuments and beat the minigame for 8 rounds instead of 6 iirc. I also needed those Ogrila quests to complete my achievement there so they count towards Blade's Edge.

I fnished my Loremaster some weeks ago without the help of any addon by just doing all quests i can easily find in every zone. Didn't search for any hidden/drop-quests and had ~ 735 for Kalimdor and ~ 755 for Eastern Kingdom at the end of my journey (both requires 700 for Alliance).