+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Profession questions for those with beta experience

Profession questions for those with beta experience

I'm currently mining/jewelcrafting: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...C3%BAl%C3%ADus

Several months ago, I spent literally days farming ore for Pillars of Might, Boots of Kingly Upheaval, both the tanking and DPS TOC wrists and chests. Since then I basically get sick to my stomach every time I see a mining vein.

I've been giving this some thought and decided I want to drop mining for enchanting.

Here are some points I've been thinking about:

1) Once Cataclysm hits, leveling enchanting will be easier (multiple skill-ups, right?)
    2) If I got enchanting now, I could disenchant my old epics I haven't thrown away yet and still make some money off the Abyss Crystals before Cataclysm hits
    3) Leveling jewelcrafting might be much easier with mining?
    4) Not much to do but level enchanting anyway these days

Any suggestions? (Keep in mind I'm very low on gold.)

You'd have to level enchanting quite high to disenchant your epics before Cataclysm hits. Good luck getting your enchanting that high so quickly.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Not to mention you don't level enchanting by DE'ing, you level it by enchanting.... so you'll need those abyss crystals and more.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Don't do it dude. For one, if you're low on gold, levelling your JCing without mining will be impossible in Cata unless you have the gold to buy all the mats. Also, not sure what server you play on, but Abyss Crystals sell for like 11 gold. If 11 gold is worth it to you, then you need to go do some dailies instead.

Keep Mining. Consider dropping mining AFTER you max your JC in Cata.
    Good and Evil are man-made words.
    Death is the only absolute. Better the butcher than the butchered.

Wait until after you get to lvl 85. Mine all the ore you can find while leveling, since you'll be out questing and coming across it anyway, and auction it. Should be able to make a lot of gold off the new Cata ore and elements in the first few weeks.

Use the proceeds to buy up all the mats you need to powerlevel enchanting (google for powerleveling guides, plenty out there). Then drop Mining at 85 and powerlevel Enchanting at least to 400 (or whatever is required to DE Cata greens), then get an addon like Autogreed and chain farm 5mans, DE'ing every green you win. Profit!!!

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely be waiting until level 85 and 525 (?) jewelcrafting before I drop mining.

+ Reply to Thread