+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disc Priest PvE 4.0.1 Video Guide

Disc Priest PvE 4.0.1 Video Guide

Spec, Gear, and Glyphs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLxkTLksyA8

Healing Tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCGz6oXCqo
    ---------------------------

Hey folks.

For those who don't know me, I've been a long-time discipline priest (since BC when the new talents including penance were released), and shortly after Patch 3.1, I made a video called Disc Healing Tips to help out priests who were having trouble figuring out how to work their rotations in a PvE environment.

The video got a lot of really great feedback, and once 4.0.1 came out, people started asking me for an update to it. Since no other update to the disc PvE guide seems to exist either on the priest forums or here on Tankspot, I went ahead and updated the Healing Tips video.

After a few thousand views and some good feedback on it, I also received some requests to make a new video detailing the discipline spec, glyph, and gear choices for 4.0.1.

The videos were made very shortly after 4.0.1 was released, and so of course some of the information in it isn't 100% in agreement with some of the changes on the beta client. I'll probably do another update for 4.0.3, but until then, I've been getting good feedback and a lot of people telling me that these video guides have been useful.

They're mostly aimed to an audience of people who are new to discipline priests or who are having trouble adjusting to the 4.0.1 changes, so they're not guides giving detailed information on how to run disc in heroic ICC 25-man settings. In fact, they're more geared towards getting people ready for the playstyle change that Cataclysm will bring, as opposed to teaching them how to do current content.

Anyway, since I haven't seen any other disc guides that are as up-to-date, I decided to post these videos over here as an addition to the posts on the priest forums. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Hey folks - been getting some requests for updates to this guide, and I will be looking to do so in the next week or so. I'm already running heroics on my 85 priest, so it's just a matter of getting comfortable enough with my own playstyle that I would feel OK giving advice to others.

I've been doing a lot of communication with other healers in the guild, and it has been a huge consensus that healing *feels* a lot harder than it ought to be simply because a lot of tanks and DPS are standing in things they shouldn't be. When CC is employed and people pay attention to mechanics, most of the healers have been of the impression that healing really isn't as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Feel free to simply let DPS die if they refuse to do things to prevent damage - a lot of OOM issues have been trying to keep everyone up. You simply cannot carry groups with a good tank and healer any more, everybody has to be on the ball.

+ Reply to Thread