+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tanking h ruby, and failing hardcore

tanking h ruby, and failing hardcore

this is pretty imbarassing, but i need someone to help me out.

im tanking downstairs in h ruby, taking cutters almost every attempt. im new to the guild. we have done roughly 20 attempts and i proformed miserablly. im new to this guild, and this may cause me to fail review.

here aer last weeks attempts, this weeks attempts were even worse. any suggestions would be a huge help.. thanks
    Last edited by praetoria; 04-29-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

By taking cutters do you mean that is what is killing you? Also what is your toons name, so I can look at what it is that is killing you.

Edit: Tell Nashi I said Hi(no not really)
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

Did not feel like editing a second time, so I looked at attempts 4 and 5 and I am going to assume you are seyal, if that is correct then its healing not you. As a tank in H RS tanking the twilight realm your job is to rotate the boss properly to keep melee pinned out of his parry box(while only using spells to avoid parry haste while the cutters are active) and not eating cutters, while using some type of minor cd each cutter rotation, what I am seeing is a lack of heals, renews just are not going to cut it especially at your gear level.

I looked at examples 6 and 7 and it is a recurring theme, the healers are not cutting it, which is the reason that for the first 10 man kill that it had to be 4 healed.

On a side note, get a 2nd profession that is useful and change the 20 str gem in your helm to a purple parry/stam gem(or expertise if you are low on it)

no, thats not me.. . cutters is the problem. im taking them to the face
    Last edited by praetoria; 04-29-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Who is healing where?

I take it you have 2 healers in the portal and 1 out?

If not then I you should.

We ran with the paladin up top when we did it, more time stationary plus your most vulnerable time is when your moving which is when the paladin healer will be struggling the most.

Up top we did have to have a dps heal when the paladin had to run but that combined with cooldowns and we survived.

We had the most issues with people getting out of the circles when slowed.

Edit : just seen you posting it was infact cutters.

well just pay more attention to getting just behind an orb before they start.

im not looking to discuss healing, im just asking about identifying and managing cutters.. thats all

Ok, well the logs arent really showing me much, are you tanking or dps?

tanking.. taking cutters to the face. thats the problem im having.

Ok, you need to be able to watch the timers as well as the orientation of the orbs, position your camera so you can see the orbs behind hallion. You have about a 5-6 second window, if an orb passes you with under 7 seconds call out to rotate, this is when you rotate him staying behind the orb that just passed you, slightly behind. You can use the orbs behind him as a reference for the cutters, I know some of our dps look through him and just stay as close to the center of those 2 orbs as possibly, just strafe.

hat I saw you took some Twilight Cutters. You have to work on positioning in Twilight Phase. Best is position the Cutter so that you rfollow it, not running from it.

Here is what I learned about the cutters. The real trick is getting into position for the first one. After that it becomes much easier. First of all, all the people inside need to be on your right if you are facing Halion. Assuming you have deadly boss mods you should be able to know when you have 10 seconds to get into position for the first set of cutters. You need to be facing halion and you want to be to the right of the cutters strafing clockwise with the beam always on your left face. Occasional you will have to kite Halion a few steps back in order to make sure the dragon is in the center of the cutters giving your raid plenty of room on your right. Once you get the timing down on the first cutters it gets way easier because once the cutters stop you stop. When they start again you should already be in the perfect spot granted you didn't move. Then it's up to your healers. Don't strafe too quickly or you will run into the cutters, but like I said, once you get the first cutters it's gravy from there.

but like I said, once you get the first cutters it's gravy from there.
    Truth.

The cutters go in straight lines, as long as you can see the balls behind Halion, this shouldn't be an issue.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Make sure your camera is pulled back, this is a fight where a larger field of view can be helpful.

problem fixed. aparently, the timer i was following was counting only the cd and not the cast. so my positioning was 3 seconds off. hense, walking into the beams every time. made the adjustment to account for the cast and its all good

The first movement is the trickiest, after that it's fairly simple. I wait until my timer gets to around 10 seconds and make a judgment call of which cutter to move with, the raid follows suit. Pretty simple.

+ Reply to Thread