+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear confusion :S

Gear confusion :S

I have Pillars of Might and Gauntets of the Kraken in my current gear set, along with t10.5 head/shoulders, as well as t10.5 gloves and legs. I was thinking of using the pieces for different situations instead of them lying in my bags but I'm confused. with off set pieces I have 13 expertise and 4.36% hit, but more stam and more strength. With the tier pieces I get 23 expertise and 6.34% hit and the 4 set bonus. I thought the bonus is nice, but missing the stam worth it? Also I get more hit and expertise with tier for threat...but the off piece set has more strength >< any help would be great thanks!

Generally speaking the 4 set bonus is quite handy in many encounters, so I'd say use 4 * T10.5. The extra hit/expertise is good, but as long as you dont have any threat issues those aren't that important anyway. :P

yeah im basically deciding for raiding do i want +~500hp and +~65 strength OR hit and expertise and a shield every minute. i dont think the strength would make up for the threat difference the hit gives so it's mostly about survivability. Pillars only have +300 armor as well.

TBH unless you doing hard core raiding it doesn't really matter it will all work and this close in to cata I think I would save my money as its all dead come dec 7.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

well we are doing HMs for achievements and i wont lose money since i already have the items.

Go 4pT10

The expertise/hit will make up for the strength in threat and the set bonus will make up for the stamina in survival.

Plus it looks cool :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

The extra armor on items got nerfed. The T10.5 legs are pretty close (if not better) than the pillars now. I'm actually using the heroic 264 legs (10 man) due to the massive amount of stam on them (more than the extra armor from pillars).

4-piece is handy, the Pillars are not so much BiS anymore, and the gauntlets are meh compared to the T10.5 gloves and bad when you consider the 4 piece bonus.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread