+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H Sindy 10m Frost Resist Gear

H Sindy 10m Frost Resist Gear

How much frost resist is recommended to tank heroic 10m Sindragosa?

Also, as a paladin, should I worry about still being block capped with the frost resist gear? From looking at the gear, gems are the only way I can add back to avoidance. I do not see myself being block capped with the 3 pieces I am thinking of. Is it as important as the frost resist?

Generally I only know the heroics from DK and Warrior standpoint, but I would think nowadays you would be fine with just survival gear on. The breaths hurt, but being block capped with max hp would be more beneficial to overall incoming damage than worrying about the breaths.

The issue is phase 3 and the most dangerous situations during phase 3 are either a breath with high stacks of buffet or a healer shortage due to a bad combination of unchained magic and tomb.

I would glyph divine protection and stagger that and AD for breaths in phase 3 when you have 3 or more stacks of buffet.

DP on first large breath
    AD on second large breath
    DP on third large breath
    if their is a fourth large breath then your pushing 9 tank swaps and it may be a dps issue.

If you run into a healer situation then your only option is guardian of ancient kings and word of glory... if you've already past your second DP you could use lay on hands as well.

block dosnt really help much since you cant block magic damage from her breaths which is what would kill you in p3.

With resist aura up I tank her with 510FR. Once you hit that make sure you're def capped still and then keep your hp up. Don't worry about your avoidance as much on this fight. The higher health pool will greatly benefit you and your healers

With 30 percent and gear available I'd just were normal survival gear, especially in ten man. The most I'd do is equip one or both of the Ony armor/resist rings if you have them.

block dosnt really help much since you cant block magic damage from her breaths which is what would kill you in p3.
    I've never EVER been killed by her breath, only by the melee that comes right after or a parry haste. Both of which are blockable.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Snitsky View Post
    With 30 percent and gear available I'd just were normal survival gear, especially in ten man. The most I'd do is equip one or both of the Ony armor/resist rings if you have them.
    I'd be a little iffy about that but to each their own. With the 510 during P3 I still get blasted for 52k. Take away the frost gear and add the possibility of not being completely healed up and it could get messy. But like I said, if it works for you go for it

I've never EVER been killed by her breath, only by the melee that comes right after or a parry haste. Both of which are blockable.
    I'm guessing you must switch tanks at around 10 stacks. If you do it the suicidal way and just single tank it those breaths can certainly be fatal

To be totally honest you don't need any at this stage. You just need a competent and geared raid group. Don't stack a bunch of caster DPS or duel wield melee as they suffer the most DPS loss from her debuffs. Make sure your healers are on the ball and able to communicate unchained magic so they can cover each others raid assignments and you got yourself a kill.

Overall just by simply executing this fight properly is how you defeat it.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I'm guessing you must switch tanks at around 10 stacks. If you do it the suicidal way and just single tank it those breaths can certainly be fatal
    It wasn't until after 4.0.1 when DPS numbers became astronomical that this became a viable strategy. If you did it the other way, you deserved to die. It's a two tank fight in the 3rd phase, always has been.

Just as an FYI: my last heroic 10 man kill was single tanked, with the 245 Ony ring as the ONLY piece of frost resist gear. (This is not recommended to anyone working on this fight.)

As Boda said, if you perform the encounter the way it was meant to be done, you will beat it. If you have a raid of people that all know how to do the fight, then you can do silly things.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrwisdom View Post
    This is a misunderstanding of how tanks die. Yes, the magic damage is spike damage and that stresses your healers. But the majority of incoming damage over that 5 second stretch where you die is still physical damage. If you mitigate more of that then it's much easier for your healers to deal with the spikes in magic damage.

If you know how to do the fight and do it right every time, you have the people to "zerg" it as they will know what to look out for. If your team has yet to kill her, do it the normal way and she will die so long as you don't mess up the basic stuff.

I just did this last night the "legit" way. I the druid tank wore frost resist gear (After buffs I was about ~520 so I was cutting out a little more then half of the frost damage) and my warrior OT wore his normal tank gear. I can tell ya that our survivability was VERY different.

One particular attempt stood out in which the Ice block got placed in a bad position and got multiple DPS and myself frozen. They took to long to get me out and my warrior OT got 1 shot by a breath when he had 8-9 stacks. After that I solo tank'd him up until my 18th stack of mystic buffet. We lost to many DPS so I never actually should of been that high but the point is that even with a 360% magic damage increase I was able to survive frost breaths
    Isley the Insane - Feral Druid Tank
    Owner of Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros Main hand Warglaive of Azzinoth and the Scepter of the Shifting Sands.

If you did the tank switches every ice block (like you would for a non zerg 'All you can Eat' achieve) then your stacks should get no way near close to 8. I tank with a pally and we switch every block and the average Mystic buffet would stack to was 4-6.

I tried the frost resist route when we first got to Sindra but as many above me have said, just use normal gear, execute strats properly and make sure your healers are on the ball to help you survive the Frost breaths.

Also don't be afraid to stack healers until people stop dying. Last month we went there with alts and ended up using 4 healers (we got the glory achievement too). Be patient, you should have over 5 minutes to do 4 million damage to her. To put this in perspective, patchwerk 10 man had just under 3 million and had a 6 minute berserk timer. Just make sure nobody dies and nobody messes up. You won't need frost resist if you are taking 2 tanks, they should never have more than 4 stacks of mystic buffet.

+ Reply to Thread