+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrath Instance Leveling to 85

Wrath Instance Leveling to 85

Given the general ease of speed clearing the current 5-man level 80 heroic instances would it be viable XP wise to form a group to speed queue and clear them for the first few levels to 85 relying on crafted gear for the jump to new content?
    I know this skips the story line and new content, but for the purposes of getting to 85 as quickly as possible is this even realistic with a preformed group or are the cataclysm quests worth that much more XP?

For speed leveling my plan is to run the new instances with my 5 man team as quickly as possible. Does a couple things, generates gear which you will need in order to proceed with tougher stuff later, generates guild XP since I am doing it why guildies, also works on effeciency as you do it more and more the new stuff becomes easy and then heroics will be that much easier when you ding 85.

On the side when the group is not on then do quest lines.

With all this talk of instance leveling, visions of "Additional Instances cannot be launched at this time, please try later" keep popping in my head.

12 minutes for an instance you've never done before? That's either a very short instance or a very good group tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

He's speaking of doing the wotlk 5 mans, In that case i do not believe they give more experience then doing quests will, especially when questing in group even.

The experience will also decrease whereas with quests they will increase per level.

I seriously doubt it'll be much faster or slower then questing, but this hinges on you having a good group or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

i havent even thought about lvling to 85 yet.but now that i think about it,all the zones are gonna be clogged with people but i dont know if id ever dungeon lvl again

im currently lvling up a warrior and i dungeon lvled from lvl 15 to were im at now.i think id rather pull my teeth out then tank randoms again,especially with the fact that i dont think blizzard is making the cata heroics as facerollable as WOTLK heroics

If the ep gains from running wotlk heroics are anything close to the xp gains from running bc heroics at lvl 70-75... then ill lvl this way thru about 83... considering i can clear most of the current heroics in under 7 minutes with the right healer and dps behind me
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

EDIT: Deleted due to lack of reading comprehension.
    Last edited by Bladesong; 11-13-2010 at 01:20 AM.
    How does a PC gamer change a light bulb? He doesn't. He goes on the forums and QQs about it being dark.

These responses... ugh...

He's talking about:
    - WotLK Heroic Dungeons (level 80)
    - Hard-epic gear (aka. 251-284)
    - Leveling 80+ in these Dungeons by chain running

Reading comprehension helps.

Reading comprehension helps.
    I find truth in this statement - apologies.
    How does a PC gamer change a light bulb? He doesn't. He goes on the forums and QQs about it being dark.

I can understand maybe levelling an alt this way many months after cata's release if it proves efficient and you are bored with the new content, but as an activity to pursue on launch it sounds boring as hell and not the sort of thing I'd consider doing... but then, im not in the beta, and ive been running LK dungeons for the past year : im sick of them and want to jump right into the new content, even if it proves a slower path to 85.

Unless your guild is going to be going for some of the realm-first raid boss kills, I cant see why you'd consider racing to 85, rather than enjoying the cataclysm levelling experience the way the designers intended you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefius View Post
    I can understand maybe levelling an alt this way many months after cata's release if it proves efficient and you are bored with the new content, but as an activity to pursue on launch it sounds boring as hell and not the sort of thing I'd consider doing... but then, im not in the beta, and ive been running LK dungeons for the past year : im sick of them and want to jump right into the new content, even if it proves a slower path to 85.

Unless your guild is going to be going for some of the realm-first raid boss kills, I cant see why you'd consider racing to 85, rather than enjoying the cataclysm levelling experience the way the designers intended you to.
    It just so happens i have time off the day when cata launches and then its my weekend. I was possibly aiming for realm first priest.

Well, I can say this:
    Do not mark level 80 instances against the Cataclysm 5-mans. WotLK instances were designed for the ADD kids among us. They're short, sweet, and very easy to farm once you know your way around. The Clysm dungeons are rather more involved. That is not to say you cannot still farm them well, but chances are that they will take much more investment.

If you're thinking of farming them with a set group? You can probably do just fine. Otherwise, you're risking a lot, especially in the crush of first release (which is when I assume you're trying to do this to rush to 85?).

Another thing to consider, you're not just missing story line, you're missing substantial amounts of rep from doing the zone quests. The reps you earn are the reps you're going to want to rely on at 85. So, the thing you have to figure out is what is *your* best plan, which will factor in server traffic (high traffic may favor dungeons, low traffic may favor quests), whether or not you are running with friends, and whether you want to go back and redo all the zones later to get the rep you want at 85 or not.

As far as baseline XP earning, that is a matter of personal value as well:
    Questing XP earning depends on how quickly you clear quests (read: how well you follow directions and travel, and how busy/crowded your server is).

Instance XP depends on the speed of your group. Killing stuff in the instance is more rewarding than farming mobs outside, but you do not have the big bursts from quests (beyond the first time through, but that also requires you to quest in the zone to get the quests, I believe).

My plan, knowing myself, and having done all the quests 3 times through in their final form already, I'll likely be questing heavily and aiming to run instances at least once through while going through the zones, but probably run them more than that since several of my friends are planning on taking a couple days off after release.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

I'm in the same case.
    My plan for the leveling is to do new instances for the first level (81 and 82), with a guild group of 5 men, we are all with 277 stuff , so I think it's going to be quite easy. I remebered the beginnig of WotLK, when everyone want to kill the same mob ...
    I don't know if it is still true or not, but I heard that you can't use the random instance tool if you haven't discover the instance is it right?

But it's true that doing heroic WotLK instance is a good idea if the exp is good there.

Yes, you now have to actually do the intro quest to get to instances so you can run them.

I'm not positive if it requires the quest or just discovery (last time I checked you actually had to do the intro quest, but it may have been a build-specific bug). Either way you will definitely have to go to the instance portal before you can queue for that instance, and while they're easy to find, the quests will get you there easily.

The XP will *not* be remotely competitive in pre-Clysm content, if that is what you're talking about for getting going leveling.

i notice that the xp from bc heroics are decent from lvl 68- 74.. are you saying that scale will NOT apply for cata xp and wrath heroic lvling, santorii ?

cause if so im a sad warrior

i figure with a good group i can clear most wrath heroics in 7 minutes. i was hoping to get to lvl 83 using that formula
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

They said discovery.

And since I'm leveling a char in live I appreciate it. Most of the players I see in lfg instances don't know how to run back to the instance when it's a wipe (lvl60 instances are sometimes a little bit tougher because mobs have actual abilities...)

santoro, I can't be sure. Usually they balance the scale of xp though so you aren't encouraged to run old content to level in the new expansion.

You cannot, of course, run WotLK heroics before 80.

Ill think the random group tanking will be over the hill.
    Guild lvling would be the way, I hope. In the guild I representing the raid evenings are to do instances and groupquesting

+ Reply to Thread