+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A big thanks to Tankspot and my New Guild

A big thanks to Tankspot and my New Guild

Hi Tankspot,

A little about myself, I started playing WoW the first day it was released. Got my first taste of pvp at level 14 when some horde decided to visit Westfall. Battle royale ensued between 5 ally and 5 horde all ranged from lvl 12 to 21. Became a tank and was pro at pulling scholo in no time. Got into a big guild on Stormrage, (Lineage, comes to mind but do not remember) raided MC a bit but due to work schedule (3-11pm) never could truly raid with anyone. Got bored since i was not raiding and left game a few weeks before Blackwing Lair came out.

Christmas time of 2008, visiting my friend, her son was playing WotLK. We chatted a bit, I reloaded game and upgraded and transferred to Emerald Dream to hang out and play with him. Joined his guild, a great bunch of peeps. Small, but close and relaxed. Called Unity. Fun times. Raided Naxx and had a blast. Guild fell apart though, could never get enough people to raid and the rest of us turned our attention to PvP. After all we were on a PvP server. So we got absorbed by one of the biggest pvp guilds on our server, No Mercy Mafia.

While I was on ED and leveling up, I was relearning the tanking I was/will be doing. I first learned of tankspot through google actually and wowhead I believe too. This became my go to source for how to do raid bosses and learning from copying Ciderhelm's spec and reading all the reasoning on these boards as to why and what was best to spec. Pretty much read everything and formed a similar opinion of much of what was discussed here. Proceeded to learn the heroic dungeons and tank them so well to the point of compliments. Got a lot of attention and queries if I ever needed a guild.

I left NMM to join Empire of the Dragon. In hopes that I'd be able to raid Ulduar after being turned down by the late night raiding guild who was only recruiting for uld 25. I only was geared for 10. A few late night raiding sessions is all I could ever muster with them. They were usually wrapping up by the time I got home from work. So I was still unhappy and searching for a guild I could call home. I kept an eye out on tankspot as well as my server. Meanwhile, ICC came out and my hopes to get into ICC dwindled too, rep runs, I wasn't invited to when I got home from work, and already pugs were asking for gear I did not yet have....

I left EotD and went back to NMM to at least get my pvp on. Had fun there but always kept an eye out for a chance to help someone start raiding ICC. Kept doing heroics and weeklys to earn badges for gear and forked out the bucks for pillars and boots. Eventually I had enough gear to try pugs in ICC but either had no time that joining was rude or they failed on saurfang, which limited me to what I could do. I pretty much resigned myself to doing pugs to get badges and just doing first wing. Never figured I'd ever see, let alone down LK.

Then I came in contact with someone else who was starting a late night guild. We gave each other a tryout on ICC one night and it was a hit. 4/12 for the first time together. We called it for the night. Looked like I found a home, they were good, I was good, we could do this....

Until I got bumped to midnights that is.....

Yep, 11pm-7am. The exact time that I needed to raid, I now couldn't because work requirements changed.

Back to the drawing board....

Then along came this ad in Tankspot from a guild called Bloody Rage. On Aggramar-US. Morning raiding guild was looking for peeps. (still ally, mornings, let's talk to them and see.) yes, I thought about switching to horde, but horde all sleep in late. why our server always had WG in the morning and you can quest then... LOL.

Anyway! We talked through PMs here for a bit and they needed a warr tank. I needed a raiding guild. They seemed like the type of guild I was looking for and so I made the transfer on Wednesday, two weeks ago. These guys were 12/12 and working on heroics that week so I had to wait for my debut for this past Wednesday, when they decided to do achievement runs instead if heroic. So my audition was going to be a little harder than just normal. I was nervous, looked at vids for all the fights. I mean here I am with my piddly 4/12 surrounded by Kingslayers. I never felt so under the gun in my life. Folks, these guys are good. They made me feel like my job was soooo easy. We started and finished every achievement in every wing in about 2 - 3 hours, leaving only Sindy and LK for Friday. We only wiped as necessary, if we weren't going to get acheivement. So that left the biggest and hardest for Friday...

Achievements accomplished in one week and something I felt I'd never see the day of during current content.....

Mäcintosh the Kingslayer

Finally....a good guild I can raid with, who was impressed with me.

God, this almost feels like vindication.

Great thing is, not only am I a Kingslayer, but I only need the four heroic wings for the mount!!! Wow!!

So, in summing up, thanks to Steelslayer of Bloody Rage for posting the ad and taking me on and making it a much easier experience than I thought it would be. We worked well together and I look forward to more including the heroics.

Thanks to Tankspot too, your guild recruitment posts, your guides, your forums, Kaz and Wartotem and all the others whose insights I utilized and helped me along the way.

Thanks to all my past guilds Unity, EotD and NMM. And to a few peeps in particular, on my way here, Bridgess and Gueneviere(great raid leaders!), Loveheart (all those heroic runs dude! Great healz!!), Silkgirl, Kanathe, Rowenella, Jax, Tinkey and Jeday!! Wish I was still on the server so you could see. I hope you peeps, in particular, read this.

Apologies if this sounded like an acceptance speech for an Oscar win. LOL

I'm just happy. Thanks!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

Congrats fella, glad you finally found the guild for you! It can be a long and laboured process (I know myself!) but you stuck at it, and it's paid off - good on you!

Re: A big thanks to Tankspot and my New Guild

It's good to see someone post something positive, too many times is it seen that people only express the negative. Thank you for posting this.

Yeah, sorry if it was too lengthy for some to read, but I hope it will give some (hope) to those who are in a similar position.

Thank you for donating

Did you type that whole thing on your iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Do you want me to cast Lifebloom inside you?

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedot View Post
    I was actually thinking the same thing!

And congratz. I know that I felt great when I finally got into a good guild that was able to kill stuff more than the normal pugs could, which was back in naxx days so I was finally able to down 4 horsemen! But it's a good feeling, and like Baelarn said, it's a long and trying process but you stuck with it and now it should pay off. Congratz again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedot View Post
    Thank you for donating

You're welcome for my donating and to answer your question....

Yes, lol, I'm on midnights at work and it was a real quiet nite on maintenance side. So I had time. I'm not a two finger typer either...yep, just my index finger. Needless to say hand was SOOO not happy.. LOL

+ Reply to Thread