+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justice and honor points - same points in Cata ?

Justice and honor points - same points in Cata ?

Just a simple question

Are these the same points that will be used at 81-85 ?

justice points =low end pve gear
    honour = low end pvp gear

valour points = high end pve gear
    conquest points = high end pvp gear
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Valour points you get from raiding instances or 5man hc ?
    Conquest you get from 85 pvp ?

conquest is rated bg's and arena iirc ( not pvping on beta atm its all too clunky for my liking)

valour is from 1st random hc of the day and raids.

btw warnign to anyone reading this : There are NO epics in 5mans and its abotu damn time xD
    justin.tv/Belligra

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouzenkiru View Post

btw warnign to anyone reading this : There are NO epics in 5mans and its abotu damn time xD
    Well, the low end pve gear you can buy from marks\points is normally better then HCs, meaning you can farm all your justice points at 80 and get full epic pve gear ready to raid at 85 without doing 85 instances ??

at end expansion yes.

cata is effectively a gear reset.

justice poitns = i lvl 333 blues
    hcs = 346? blues
    valour points = 349? epics not 100% on exact i lvls.

the general gear progressions will be

hit 85 - farm normals for justice points - get mostly ilvl 333 blue gear
    farm hcs for VP + drops - mostly 346 blue gear
    normal difficulty raids ---- start gettin them ep0x
    justin.tv/Belligra

hit 85 - farm normals for justice points - get mostly ilvl 333 blue gear
    farm hcs for VP + drops - mostly 346 blue gear
    normal difficulty raids ---- start gettin them ep0x
    Cant you just skip normal 85s since you get the same justice points at 80 now ?

justice points =low end pve gear
    honour = low end pvp gear

valour points = high end pve gear
    conquest points = high end pvp gear
    A bit more definition for @85:

Justice Points = <current tier-1>, so heroic blues to start, T11 stuff when T12 is current, etc (346 blues to start)
    Valor Points = <current tier> T11 to start. (359 epics to start)

Also, at each tier change, all current Valor points are zeroed out and added to Justice Points, so you can't raid T11 to stockpile points for T12. I think the 'Frost Badge' mechanism is still there for a few (very few) Valor points per day from one heroic, but I'm not absolutely sure about that. Theoretically, a non-raider can get some Valor points, but very slowly.

Also, for the person above all wound up about epics from 5-mans, once T12 comes, you *can* get epics with Justice Points from 5-mans, but it'll be <tier-1>, not <current tier>, other than the one heroic a day that may give a few Valor points.

PvP, I'm not as sure about, but I think Honor=BGs and other unrated PvP, etc, and Conquest=Rated BG and Arena.
    Last edited by mavfin; 11-01-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post

Justice Points = <current tier-1>, so heroic blues to start, T11 stuff when T12 is current, etc (346 blues to start)

Also, at each tier change, all current Valor points are zeroed out and added to Justice Points, so you can't raid T11 to stockpile points for T12. I think the 'Frost Badge' mechanism is still there for a few (very few) Valor points per day from one heroic, but I'm not absolutely sure about that. Theoretically, a non-raider can get some Valor points, but very slowly.

Also, for the person above all wound up about epics from 5-mans, once T12 comes, you *can* get epics with Justice Points from 5-mans, but it'll be <tier-1>, not <current tier>, other than the one heroic a day that may give a few Valor points.

PvP, I'm not as sure about, but I think Honor=BGs and other unrated PvP, etc, and Conquest=Rated BG and Arena.
    if you meant me i'm not wound up about their being no epics in 5 mans :P
    i LIKE that there are onyl blues >
    justin.tv/Belligra

if you meant me i'm not wound up about their being no epics in 5 mans :P
    i LIKE that there are onyl blues >
    Oh, I understood you. I was just pointing out that non-raiders *will* get epics when T11 is no longer the current tier. Blizzard knows that if you completely withhold epics from non-raiders, many of them will just quit the game, so, they have to compromise some to keep people paying. The way Cata is shaping up seems to be a good compromise between the LK way and the Vanilla/BC ways. Upgrades are still accessible, but they aren't just piled on, either.

Of course, I really don't care about color. Those 346 blues are pretty sexy, no matter that they're not purple. The people that think "Oh, in Cata I'll be pro because I'll be wearing epixxx, just like in Vanilla!" make me laugh. It wasn't true in Vanilla, and it won't be true in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Billabolla View Post
    Cant you just skip normal 85s since you get the same justice points at 80 now ?
    That is why 4.0.3 has a soft-cap. After that point you cannot get JP from level 80 content (since it will no longer be the "current" content), and 4k will buy you a piece and change, if I remember right. Yeesh, I haven't been on the beta in a couple weeks...

You get a little head-start for your 80 capping time, but nothing that lets you totally skip content.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

I'm looking forward to a gear-up process more reminiscent of TBC.

Still not getting the TBC nostalgia. By far the worst of the three so far in my humble opinion. I gets me some vanilla nostalgia sometimes but god help me never TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    You get a little head-start for your 80 capping time, but nothing that lets you totally skip content.
    You can't for PvE Justice Points. Honor, however, you can store beyond the cap of 4,000.
    Wintergrasp Commendation
    Not that it gets you a huge jump start into PvP either since you can only buy the tier behind, but you can have beyond the max because of the Bind on Account item which stores it.

I would also be curious to see if reforging PvP gear to make it more viable in PvE would allow you to effectively skip normal dungeons, which I think it probably could.

*edit*
    Sorry, resilience can't be reforged. Forgot that. Nonetheless, PvP gear can definately be used to augment gaps in your gear making it considerably easier for one to jump into higher content sooner.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 11-02-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Caric View Post
    Still not getting the TBC nostalgia. By far the worst of the three so far in my humble opinion. I gets me some vanilla nostalgia sometimes but god help me never TBC.
    /shrug I enjoyed the expansion -- what can I say? I wouldn't want to fully roll back to exactly the way it was, but there was a lot about the 5-mans I enjoyed in TBC that I didn't get out of wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post

And here I thought they were going to make it less confusing by dumping all the badges/emblems.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
    And here I thought they were going to make it less confusing by dumping all the badges/emblems.....
    It actually is less confusing; it's just a little complicated to explain, depending on how you go at it.

Justice and honor points - same points in Cata ?

It's not too complicated at all.

Justice Points will be used to gear up for heroics, and when new raid content is released, be used to buy gear from the previous tier.

Valor Points will be used to buy the current tier gear.

When a new tier of gear comes out (aka a new raid), all valor points will be automatically converted into justice points to avoid hoarding points for the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Wintergrasp Commendations are no longer buyable as of 4.0.1.

<JINX> Runetotem-US - 6/8H Recruiting All Classes! - http://jinx.com/guild
    Live Stream - http://twitch.tv/razilius

Quote Originally Posted by Oraxien View Post
    Wintergrasp Commendations are no longer buyable as of 4.0.1.
    But it does not remove the several hundred of these I already have. Doesn't really help people looking for a short cut now, but those that thought ahead may still be holding onto those for a while. Doesn't change the fact that the item itself still allows for the storage of Honor beyond the cap.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    That is why 4.0.3 has a soft-cap. After that point you cannot get JP from level 80 content (since it will no longer be the "current" content)
    Just making sure I understand you correctly since Tankspot is the only WoW information site that I ever read (I don't know what it is about me and mmoc and others just not getting along well)... Come 4.0.3, I will no longer be able to receive any justice points by farming heroic 80 wotlk content?

Also, would it be worth it to cap out my JP's now at the 4k (I believe) cap before going into the Cataclysm leveling process? Will I be able to receive JP's through normal dungeons while leveling up or will it only be heroics that provide those JP's? From reading the posts above, I can pretty much assume that we will receive JP's for normals but I want to be sure that I'm understanding correctly. If I cap out now and we are able to receive JP's through normal dungeons, does anyone have any expectations of us being able to purchase the gear immediately when Cataclysm comes out to stockpile for 85 so that we can still receive JP's while leveling? Or is the "soft-cap" of 4.0.3 going to go away and allow a larger stockpile of these JP's?

Sorry for these questions but I've always been one to not pay attention to the details of the next expansion so that I can be surprised and it'd feel like a new game. I did that with TBC and WotLK, and I generally was very pleased with the majority of the surprises. This time, I'm actually planning with a group of 4 other friends to level up with so I want to be prepared.

+ Reply to Thread