+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Tool] WowCardioRaid

[Tool] WowCardioRaid

I've read this board since a lot of time, but I didn't participate a lot mainly because english is not my native language, so it's hard for me to explain things.

However, since it's a very specialized forum, I think you can be interested by a very specialized tool I am developping since few months on my free time that can help a lot to figure how things are going: a graphical log parser called WowCardioRaid (that uses the wowcombatlog.txt file generated by the game)

I made it because tools like World of logs (or the old WWS) didn't gave me all the stuff I needed: I wanted to see how events are sorted in a fight, more deeply, and more than the stats themselves (even if there is a stats module in it). And this is also why i choosed to post in this section rather than the addon one , (and also, it's not an addon)

I think that pictures will be better than my words, then, here are some:

I may disappoint some of you because it's a windows-only application (development is a hobby for me so I'm using what I know) but if you are interested to try it anyway, I've posted it on Curse here:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ardioraid.aspx

you can also find it on my own web site here http://tixu.scribe.free.fr/indexen.php
    If you have feedback, requests, questions, or anything else, do not hesitate.
    Last edited by mcguffin; 12-03-2010 at 05:54 PM.

This stuff is crazily good, a big thank you for all that work. I have a little issue, my dk tank is shown sometimes as a dps, is there any workaround for this?

Thx!
    for your DK issue, there have been a lot of changes with wow4.0 so I still add some new bosses and spells datas everytime.

I just released a new version on wowcardio (1.03) with some of these new datas, that should work for you.
    But you also can add this kind of information yourself with spells options (each spell can hold different options) just hover an event then bring its context menu, and choose "spell option". (Units have also their kind of options)

On a side note, for those who are interested, the latest release of WowCardio (1.03) has a revamped "absorb module" that can handle the new absorb format of the combatlog. (with "wasted absorb" informations and more precise numbers for major "healing absorb" spells)

Going to try this out next time we raid and I take a log.

Quote Originally Posted by mcguffin View Post
    Thx!I just released a new version on wowcardio (1.03) with some of these new datas, that should work for you.
    That last version fixed the problem. Thank you.I am still digging into all functionnalities, it's hugeOther thing, and maybe an issue: I got exactly the same total absorption value between recound and wowCardio raid, but not the same number of applications of the shield. For example, for Power Word: Sheild, recount gave my something around 65 hits when Wowcardioraid gave me 24: is there anything wrong here?

About Absorb... This is a bit tricky ^^

in the last combatlog SPELL_AURA_REFRESH does not only raise on new shield application, but also when a damage is actually mitigated.

So here is the rule I use
    -SPELL_AURA_APPLIED event count for one application,
    -If the absorb pool shown by a SPELL_AURA_REFRESH event is lesser than the previous recorded pool, then it's not an active new application of the shield but a "passive mitigation refresh", otherwise its a new application of the shield. (hope its clear in my frenchy english )

I m suspecting recount to count every SPELL_AURA_APPLIED/REFRESH as a new shield application.

Note that, as we now know the amount of an absorb pool, its also possible to check the "overheal" generated by wasted shield (and Wowcardio actually shows this number in overheal for a specific shield)

Ok, you convinced me... this tool is far above everything else. A last question: Do you plan to add a way to export datas for web?
    Last edited by Oldsavior; 11-18-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsavior View Post
    Ok, you convinced me... this tool is far above everything else. A last question: Do you plan to add a way to export datas for web?
    No, not really. I didn't made that tool with this kind of feature in mind, since there are already some websites for that, and they do that well.
    My goal was to do something I can't find through web features.
    I just wanted to find quickly and efficiently what went wrong, and build something that can really help me to understand encounters. I didnt want to do all this extensive ranking stuff, (which is a bit pointless to me)

However, wowcardio can save log through his own compacted format (*.wcr), and these files can easily be sent onto a website. Also wowcardio include his own module to manage *.wcr logs (see the LogIndex)

This looks really interesting. I'll check it out.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Leave shields to the sissy tanks who need something to hide behind. Death Knights take it full in the face!
    | Unforgiven | Blood DK tank: Urikslargda |

Quote Originally Posted by Urythmic View Post
    This looks really interesting. I'll check it out.
    Thank's: Do not hesitate to ask if you have any requests.

I just posted a new version with some improvements:

4/12/10 Release 1.04
    - Improved Log Index. Boss are now shown in list, and logs can be filtered by boss. The new index system is using a cache file in the log folder for to speed up the process, however its possible to disabled this cache system in options.
    - more Detailled Stats are available by hovering numbers.
    - Added Instance/Raid detection (this can be set in unit-options, only for Boss)
    - It's now possible to add a short comment in saved-WCR logs
    - Event-Tooltips now show the local time if a period of time is selected, the "time-grid" is realigned as well on the start of a selection.
    - RawParser optimization (parsing time reduced by 50-60%)
    - Minor optimization in datas structures and few bugfix/improvments

I'm not not sure how committed you are to the user interface, or if you are more interested in the results from the tool. But here are a couple things that I find counter-intuitive or time consuming to work around.

1) The inability to toggle all check marks in a subsection of npcs. The "uncheck all players" still applies to player characters only, maybe it was intended to apply to the subsection?

2) Same sort of issue, inability to toggle an entire type of events:

3) When you right click on an event in the graph, it gives you the option to ShowOnly for that event, but not the option to hide all.

4) And finally, I find if I toggle melee in the damage taken section of a Character, it will also add melee to the graph from the damage dealt section. For example, if I try to show melee damage from algalon on helios in your example, it will also add melee damage from helios to algalon.

5) I'm likely missing something, but trying to run more than one buff in aura-watch at the same time. I can't figure it out.
    Last edited by Booi; 12-05-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booi View Post
    I'm not not sure how committed you are to the user interface[...]
    Well, I try to do my best^^ and I think I can improve it, but you are right, I focused a lot on result and stability until now. The main issue, i guess, is that wowcardio now have a lot of functionnalities and it's probably a bit hard to start using it and understand its "philosophy" in a second . I will think about your feedback,( which is very useful because its hard to know how people are receiving this tool. So thank you for your time!)

however:

1) I was thinking about adding this, but, I am not sure this could be usefull because using the UnitTree for NPC is not completly relevant:
    The demo log has only one "combatblock", but when you parse a complete raid, you have a lot of combatBlocks, and Units are checked automagically when they are *inside* the combat block you are looking at. They are also sorted (in the gfx view) by their apparition time: If you want to get more access on unit, you should use the "focus" fontionnality. And if you want to see more details for a specific unit, you can bring its detail view. There are 4 modes: eventOut, eventIn, auraOut auraIn, shorcuts are F2, F3, F4, F5 (F1 brings back to the list view)

2 and 3) To tell the truth, I had these functionnalies before, but, I found them terribly confusing, because having three states for spells/events was not clear at all (ON/ OFF/indifferent - spell event are all indifferently "ON" by default), and also, I never used them, because I always search for one event-type through all rather than all minus one. (not sure my frenchy-english is clear, here )... But, well, I can reconsider to add them again if this can be usefull. I just have to find the better way to do this.

4)When you toggle a spell, that shows *this* spell for everyone.
    To get more control, again, you should also use the Focus capabilities.
    For example, select Melee, then toggle Focus on Helios, By default, you now see all in/out Melee events on Helios, (Stats are updated as well). But you can get more control again with focus modes (the 9th and 10th icon): Focus mode "inclusive" or "exclusive", and only "in" or "out" event.
    This is usefull to see who hits who and when: you play with Focus, and you get stats and graphics feedback.

5)For now "Aura-Watch" only works for one spell-Id at a time, otherwise the view is becoming quickly messy... But having more than one is in my todo list. However: more Aura datas are also available into the detailled unit view (F4-F5). there you can find all uptime for all cast on (or from) all targets.
    Last edited by mcguffin; 12-05-2010 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread