+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fury warrior > 100 rage

Fury warrior > 100 rage

I've completely lost track of who is trying to argue what here.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Yes well an interesting conversation seems to have spawned out of my initial question. My opinion is actually whether we use the term resource limited or not makes little difference to me. As said our class is all about managing the rage we have and also managing the rage we gain through our auto attacks and also the damage we take. What this means for me is that some fights may lean towards being crit heavy stats while others may lean more to haste heavy stats in order to maintain our rage correctly, for me this makes the warrior an interesting class to play.

Being "rage starved" only happened to me when I was at lower levels. I'm sure it was the same for many warriors. I notice the same thing on my hunter that I'm leveling with focus. I get focus starved. As I'm leveling it is happening less frequently. I believe warriors at 85 won't have any rage issues even if they do spam HS. I'm sure there are some people who read this who are math oriented who can back my theory up. It is a little backwards to start at "0" rage unlike the other classes but that uniqueness imo is great. There are plenty of abilities to get the ball rolling in terms of rage (charge, shouts), and I believe once a certain gear level is achieved max rage will exist most of the time during fights.

It does matter. There's 1 fight in WotLK where it's quite common for a Holy Paladin (or any mana user really) to run out of mana - regardless of what they do. By that arguement, WotLK Holy Paladins (or mana users) should be concerned about their mana running dry on all encounters.
    I have a holy pally and yes I do get concerned about mana every fight. That is why I learned through research to reforge as much spirit as I could. But just like it was prior to 4.0 once I outgeared most fights mana was not an issue. The same will be for warriors. As of right now my warrior never gets rage starved and I spam HS. I have 27% hit and 25% haste so my rage generation is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwisatz78 View Post
    Yes well an interesting conversation seems to have spawned out of my initial question. My opinion is actually whether we use the term resource limited or not makes little difference to me. As said our class is all about managing the rage we have and also managing the rage we gain through our auto attacks and also the damage we take. What this means for me is that some fights may lean towards being crit heavy stats while others may lean more to haste heavy stats in order to maintain our rage correctly, for me this makes the warrior an interesting class to play.
    But this is what some of the posters have been trying to show, the warrior class's most prized and played state of battle is when they reach the point where they don't have to manage their rage at all. This simply because our resource generation can scale so well and from various stats or events. This cause the warrior to be limited by nothing but cooldown on specific abities and GCDs spent. (this will be more true when bloodsurge is worth hitting)

At low levels, to be quite honest, you never really pool your rage. You rarely, so rarely even save some for later. You are either starved after hitting proper buttons, thus waiting for new rage to hit your abilities as soon as possible or you have enough for all your abilities and never have to worry about how much rage you actually have.

IF for example, you dealt damage based on how much rage you had (without changing the cost like the initial HS change in beta) AND that staying over 50 rage meant that you would do par damage. ONLY then would we be anywhere close to having a so called "management" of our resource. But then again, with how much rage gen we may end up having in later tiers of gear, one could end up spamming abilities and always having a full rage bar.

What many posters claim, is that the general design of a warrior is claimed to be aimed towards management, but in practice all we see is the opposite.

Heck, right now heroic strike is supposed to be designed to be THE ability to use excess rage. However, it scales from so much of our attack power that it hits stronger than anything else we have. So warriors end up prioritizing it over anything else, and if they dont have 27% hit 25% haste and +/-30% crit to guarantee near limitless rage gen (just like Bung mentionned), they use bloodthirst or raging blow when they have rage left over from using heroic strike.

In my view, that defeats the original purpose of the ability.

+ Reply to Thread