+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Paladin Stat priorities

Holy Paladin Stat priorities

i realize that right now stats and stuff are kinda up in the air because of the new patch and the changes to the new holy paladin healing model, but what does everyone else think about the stat prioritization, ive been noticing alot of people stacking Int. still, and alot of other people stacking haste, and even other people stacking spirit so i have a question for the community: what do you guys think the new stat priority is? because i think that the best way to go would be Mastery>Spirit>Int>Haste>Crit
    Last edited by Itsapallie; 11-08-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typo

int>spirit>haste>crit/mastery generally seems to be the way to go for now.

Mastery might move up more at 85, but it's not particularly useful right now, at least in raids. The shield is so small, and you'll often overwrite it all the time before it gets used.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

At 85 I would change it to crit>haste/mastery.

Because your crit ratings are going down the drain. Right now i've about 50% crit on holy shock, on the beta its only 25%. So every 4th holy shock I get an infusion of light proc.

With the reduced casttime on holy light AND divine light I think its better to go for a decent amount of crit. You would need so so much haste to have a similar effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitha View Post

With the reduced casttime on holy light AND divine light I think its better to go for a decent amount of crit.
    I agree completely, although im not sure that crit, haste and mastery would be much higher on the list than spirit, seeing as mana regen is supposed to be a HUGE part of the cata healing model, and that it is supposed to be focused more on slowing the drain of the tank's health pool and then quickly replenishing it, and that mana is going to be a much larger part of the model than it is now, but i definetely think that seeing the gear in cata will almost completely contradict our speculations now... hell, who knows, we could be stacking the same stats we are now

Tbh i'll doubt it'll change to much in Cata.

Intel is #1 simply because its give both regen and SP.
    Spirit for regen, obviously there's an argument for only getting enough spirit to last a fight before going oom, although alternatively you could argue the more spirit you have the more often you could cast FoL as apposed to HL.
    Then haste to speed up cast times, especially HL cast times. The more use you can make of HL the better in my opinion since it's the most efficent spell we have.
    And then finally crit/mastery. Both share the bottom spot becuase nethier are reliable increases to healing or regen.

+ Reply to Thread