+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WARR TANK Agrro issues and reforging

WARR TANK Agrro issues and reforging

hi guys well Im back again! as this is the best place to gain advice esp after the new patch ..I had a lot of fps issues after the update so havnt been able to play for about 3 weeks but got back on the game at ther weekend ...I did a pug for LK 10 AND FOUND IT VERY HARD TO HOLD AGGRo (opps caps!) this was NEVER an issue before and now it seemed very hard any ideas with regards to my current set up? (talents glyps enchants etc..)I have also been reforging to get the mastery nice and high but wanted to know if what I had done was good ..I will be primarly working as a tank all the time so this is rather worrying ANY help form you guys would be fantastic!!!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...k&cn=Dizzitsma

all the best Dizz

You are hit and expertise capped. If you're having aggro issues, I would look to your rotation, not your gear or spec.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

so i need to look at the way I start the fight and continue I did get a great add on that helps me see which are the best moves etc.. by highlighting the next one to use...I didnt to be honest realise the rotation has all changed i guess as it hasnt since i started really that it might take bit more practice ..but you think all the glyps etc are ok for threat ..?

nexst to Rotation an all the caps. to plan out where ye place your vigilance, as yer vigilance will give stacks of the Vengeance in place of the old threath tranfer of 10%.
    my point is if ye give yer OT (or if yer OT) the MT Vigilance. it make ye gaine rapetly this buff and increes yer Ap i such rate that yer TPS will fly in the air. for yer part its 5k Ap.

if yer allready doing this ok, im mention this as i want to exsplore all parts of this problem of ye, as rotation and caps where already mention i could only think about Vigilace, as may ppl dont think about the changes soo much, then they have lost there POP-on-nearby-hunter-buff

WARR TANK Agrro issues and reforging

My warrior just downed LK with 118 hit rating and 18 expertise. I don't even pay attention to those stats. Feel free to check Vaeel of Jaedenar as to spec but it seems multiple specs are viable now. The key is to know your priorities.

Shield Slam->Revenge->Heroic Strike->Devestate
    Keep shield block up if you need a threat boost as it makes healing you easier and makes SS hit harder

AoE, hit the primary target a few times after a thunderclap and then tab after every strike. This is HUGE on AoE. AoE, remember thunderclap can stack three times to make shockwave hit harder. Replace heroic strike with cleave.

The biggest problem I see most other warriors have is not enough heroic strike.

Your dps should not be threat capped after the first 5-10 seconds on any boss. Within that first 5-10, while you are building vengence, it is the DPS'ers responsibility to not pull threat and they are going to have to learn that. If this is where the problem is, tell them to set recount to hide on combat and make Omen bigger. They are watching the wrong meter.

Oh, if you dont have it yet, get the addon Tidy Plates and the plugin for that addon called Threat Plates. Massively helpful with 2 + mobs.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Possible good place to throw Vigilance is on the other tank. Gives them some damage reduction, plus out of anyone else in the raid, they will probably be getting hit the most.

Your dps should not be threat capped after the first 5-10 seconds on any boss. Within that first 5-10, while you are building vengence, it is the DPS'ers responsibility to not pull threat and they are going to have to learn that. If this is where the problem is, tell them to set recount to hide on combat and make Omen bigger. They are watching the wrong meter.
    half their screen should be good =)

Vigilance MUST go on the other tank now. No reason to have it on a DPS when there is no inherent threat reduction on it. They changed how it works. It's built to go on the other tank.

In terms of threat and your problems; threat at the start of a fight will always suck because of Vengeance and how it stacks.

Some tips to help slow TPS at the start of a fight.

Use a Rage Pot to pre pot, Thunderclap 3 times before charging in, giving you a fully loaded Shockwave right away.

Here is a link to my general opener for a single target fight:

Here is a link to the thread about it:

http://tauntspam.com/index.php?optio...d=10&Itemid=55

Hmmm. Thunderclapping 3 times before charging in would give you a better shockwave. I really don't think it'd be worth the effort in any way whatsoever though. That's a ton of effort for something that just doesn't need to happen. Blood and Thunder is also unnecessary. It can be nice if you're going to be tanking multiple mobs for a long period of time. The only situation you'll do that in is very slow dps, in which case the extra threat you get from BnT isn't really necessary. Also, blowing your Heroic Throw on charge is fine, but I find it much more useful to save it for utility purposes when needed.

Basically, just Charge>TC/Cleave>Shockwave>Shield Slam/Cleave>Revenge> etc. If you aren't holding aggro with that, you must be missing some glyphs or something, or else your dps are doing something terribly wrong.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

That is for a 85 cata build that has B & T. I don't currently have it for my single target spec currently. HT is great for utility purposes, but on many of the single target fights in ICC it isn't used as such, and does a very large amt of threat if used in rotation.

I'm surprise you have agro issues on LK - vengeance is in such a state that, the harder the content is, the easier it is to hold agro. Post 4.03, I would suggest have a play around with the ability queue's latency option; Made a huge difference for me, not queuing devastate when SnB procs and hitting the right target while tab targetting.

Out side of farming old contents, I haven't found a use for B&T .

tauntspam graph/picture, nice rundown of how to maximize dps/threat output, especially on longer raid fights...

rend, tclap 3stack and shockwave hits like a truck, putting warrior tanks in top10 dps raid trash clearing....

and of course using taunt on the right target will help maintain group aggro... taunt, it comes closer, tclap...
    i use tidyplate threatplates for this, then bigger mob nameplate to easily click and taunt it...

nvm.. didnt look at the origional date of the post
    Last edited by praetoria; 11-25-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

+ Reply to Thread