8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3/3 Shield Spec

4 50.00%
  • 2/2 Hold the Line

4 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/3 Shield Specialization vs 2/2 Hold the Line

3/3 Shield Specialization vs 2/2 Hold the Line

I am curious as to why it seems more warriors are taking 3/3 Shield Specialization over 2/2 Hold the Line.

The difference
    3/3 Shield Spec = 5 more rage per block; 20 more rage per Spell reflect
    2/2 Hold the Line = 5 more seconds of 10% increase of critical strikes and critical blocks

Now with the amount of block that most of us have (seems like a ton of warriors including myself are sitting around 40%), 5 more rage per block does add up. However, that 1 point could double the Hold the Line uptime, and I'm personally not seeing any rage problems despite using Heroic Strike almost every time it's OCD. So what are your thoughts? Which one is better?

I'm fine with rage using 2/3 shield spec maybe that the extra 5 rage can help in heroics but for raids it isn't needed imo.

I dont use shield spec at all and i got no problem with rage

I take both, have an ilvl avg of 267, and rage starve on most ilvl264 fights. This isn't a complaint, Rage is much better tuned to gear of the warrior now, i should be rage starving on encounters i outgear, granted i'd like a little more leeway, and little bit cheaper HS's but meh, seems pretty well tuned to me.

Still feels a little like a fire hose/petri dish situation, I'm gonna try hitting the hit and soft expertise caps and see if the 30% more white damage will help me.

or get both and drop talents that are situational at best like B&T and thunderstruck

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    I'm fine with rage using 2/3 shield spec maybe that the extra 5 rage can help in heroics but for raids it isn't needed imo.
    I think that's a big part of it. Those that raid don't need the extra rage, and extra crit hits and crit block are more useful. Those that do not raid need the rage more than they need the extra crit for the 3GCDs that 5 man trash is alive for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastulio View Post
    or get both and drop talents that are situational at best like B&T and thunderstruck
    ^this also.
    I have both talents in both of my protection specs right now (although one only has 2/3 Shield Spec, but still)
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

I'm 3/3 Shield Spec and 2/2 HtL, and it seems to be working quite nicely for me.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

You need get both, because you go back to them for 1 or 2 points when you reach tier 4 and 5 talents skipping Gag Order, Impending Victory and maybe even Vigilance.

I run both in one spec. The other spec is geared more towards AoE threat.

I don't see it as a choice of either or.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread