+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something changed, not at block cap anymore.

Something changed, not at block cap anymore.

Trying to figure out what exactly got changed and coming up blank. After the patch, reading all the advice here and maintankadin, I spent a good deal of time re-gemming/reforging to get to that magical block cap. Even then, I couldn't do it unbuffed, but I was close enough to be capped in a raid setting. My block was a little over 40, dodge was 21 and change, parry 20+. End result was that I was sitting about 86.7 according to the macro before heading into a raid.

Here's the weird thing, I happened to check the other day, and now my block has changed (about 39.98% now) and I'm not quite hitting the cap. But I didn't change anything about my gear.

So did Blizz change the coeffecients for mastery? Or did one of my enchants get changed? Kinda miffed, because it took a pretty good shuffle and a lot of gold to get me as close as I was at my gear level. Now it seems the bar got moved on me.

Here's an armory to check out. Please don't make fun of the neck. I have the worlds worst luck getting an upgrade for that slot.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&cn=Destrier

Nothing can change blockchance except mastery. Raidbuffs, food etc don't influence it. My guess is that you switched a weapon or some other piece of gear or maybe reforged some mastery away again with a restore? Haven't read anything on changing combatratings at 80.

Make sure you have ctc equipped and not a 2nd stam trinket, hopefully it's reforged 2. Nothing is changing til patch 4.0.3, so your mastery didn't change, make sure your not wearing a different piece of gear.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

If you are a paladin are you counting your ability usage into your block? As I recall one of your abilities adds to your block/avoidance....
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Have you forgotten to add in your 5% miss chance and 15% chance to block from holy shield?

15% chance to block from holy shield
    That's the one!
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Yeah, I was taking those into account. According to the info I have so far, it says I should be striving for 87.2% (via the macro), and that Holy shield should make up the extra 15% bringing me to a grand total of 102.4%. And I was darn close, I think. Plus I think that there is one raid buff that will increase the percentage (can't remember but I think it was a DK horn).

Anyway, I might be over-thinking it. But I swear I lost a bit somewhere without changing any gear. I've looked and looked. Probably not the biggest deal, but it bugs me. I keep thinking Blizz is messing with the mastery coefficients or something.

Long story short. I think I lost less than 1% so it's probably not a game breaker.

+ Reply to Thread