Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclystic Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Small update:

* Fixed AP scaling from Strength buffs
    * Fixed some defensive stat weights that were only looking at base stats, not buffs. Also fixed a typo in Burst Time Armor value
    * added a TC/SW bit on Rotation, so you can see the numbers there easier.
    * added in a reverse-engineering bit on Stats so you can calculate raw boss damage easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Base rend damage seems in consistent with the in game damage. i'm getting the in game as 639+150% weapon damage., not the 1.2 *(525+150% weapon damage)as th spread sheet calculates it.

I believe the tooltip doesn't account for the instant application tick, but I'll check once more to be sure.

Are consumables working for anyone?

I've just noticed that on the Abilities sheet, cell F3, the Raw Damage for devastate reads:

=(3*854+1.5*($Stats.C15*$Stats.C16+2.4/14*$Stats.C8))*(1+0.05*$'Talents&Buffs'.H12)

Can someone explain to me what the bolded 2.4 is for? Is it something to do with normalizations of weapon speed?

AP Normalization

Workaround for the recent threat modifier changes (4.2.x Hotfix):
    change tab 'Stats' cell 'B 17' to

=WENN(E17="Defensive";5;1)

Just went to a dummy in OG:
    Rend tooltip says I do 672 + 3667 damage = 4339 damage (7043 AP & 437.2 DPS weapon)
    Did a Rend on a dummy: 5*760 damage + 1*761 tick = 4561 damage
    So it's more, but not 20% more, really weird...

636+4104 (7425 AP & 521.9 dps weapon)

15:21:06> Raider's Training Dummy is afflicted by klausi's Rend.
    15:21:06> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 790 Physical damage from klausi's Rend.
    15:21:09> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 790 Physical damage from klausi's Rend.
    15:21:12> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 790 Physical damage from klausi's Rend.
    15:21:15> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 790 Physical damage from klausi's Rend.
    15:21:18> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 790 Physical damage from klausi's Rend.
    15:21:21> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 790 Physical damage from klausi's Rend.
    15:21:21> klausi's Rend dissipates from Raider's Training Dummy.

Initial tick + 5 further ticks = 6*790=4740
    4740-636=4104

All still fine for me.

Airowird, you've take Thunderstruck: what's 672+159% of your weapon damage?

Ah, must indeed be Thunderstruck on the scaling that is missing (but it is in the base damage), confusing tooltips FTW

I've posted on the Blizz website regarding Thunderstruck tooltips: TC's tooltip is updating properly, Cleave's tooltip isn't updating at all. Rend's static damage get's updated, but the damage for your weapon doesn't!

Found an esthetic error in your thunderstruck calculations, instead of increasing my thunderclaps damage by 6% it also adds the assumed shockwave damage increase. But is that for using thunderstruck on cooldown, safeclipping or refreshing rend <3 seconds left?

The damage from Shockwave comes from the buff you get each time you Thunder Clap (I took the liberty of assuming you will SW before you hit 3 stacks). This is completely separate from the daamge increase you get on your abilities.

With 2/2 Thunderstruck my Thunderclap damage increases by almost 50% (5.811 to 8.583) while Shockwave's damage remains untouched and rend receives it's intentional 6% damage increase. Cleave has some issues as well, jumping from 9.147 damage to 10.871 instead of 9.696.

Single Target damage increase from thunderstruck outside of the initial 6% damage increase:
    Thunderclaps per minute to maintain rend = 5 (0, 12, 24, 36, 48)
    Shockwaves perr minute with glyph and without delaying anything else = ~ 3
    So it should be a 16.67% damage increase on our average shockwave.

Also:
    Rotation sheet SS-HR ('F4') won't increase the total dps ('G22') but total tps ('G21')

Edit: M$ Office version if that makes any difference
    Last edited by klausi; 09-15-2011 at 07:08 AM.

I'll recheck everything tomorrow, but I think I did put into the notes that the Shockwave buff (10% of a Shockwave each time you TC) is counted in TC damage, not SW

About your current suggestion of a perfect TPS/DPS priority, not including Revenge.

I've messed with it pretty much all Firelands long, including H Rag, using a spec with unspecced Imp. Revenge. I have the feeling like in theory, yes, Revenge against Devastate, Devastate hits for more. However, I find myself a lot with the issue of being starved, or just low on rage. The impact is delayed or weak Heroic Strikes. In the end, I'm really thinking : Is the minimal damage different between Dev and Rev worth it against less, or weaker Heroic Strikes? My final answer wants to be no. Additionally, I used to be pretty good at parsing high DPS on WoL in T11. This isn't the case on FL. I'm not ranked bad, but not really ranked well. I'm running low hit/expertise, regular tanking setup, but I can't believe there are 50 prot warriors in front of me running high hit/exp, dps trinkets, 2p/2p t11/t12 simply to parse high.

I started playing with Imp. Revenge again, but didn't get a chance to test in a raid yet.

Any other opinions?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/Veksen/advanced

If you compare Revenge to Devastate in a low rage scenario, you don't only need to look at the pure rage difference in HS loss, you also need to account the extra talent points freed up by not speccing into Imp. Revenge.

If you take the points from Shield Spec, the rage argument is invalid, because you get the extra rage from there rather than not spending it on Revenge. If you take the points from Thunderstruck or Cruelty, you generally lose more DPS than the 3 extra HS per minute you can do.

Glyph of RP alone would cover whatever rage gains you get from Imp Rev, provided you keep BnT up.

GoRP can be used regardless of whether you use Revenge or not.

I'm talking specificly what the DPS, HPS & RPS differences are just speccing into 2/2 Imp Revenge over 2 points in something else, which would be either Shield Spec or Cruelty/Thunderstruck (depending on buffs/group setup, especially in 10man). Not to mention you won't have the awesome Glyph of Slam anymore!

Closed Thread