+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Hit Chance

Fury Hit Chance

Hello,

I'm interested in fooling around with SMF for bg's. Could someone please tell me what I should be aiming for as far as Fury Hit Chance or rating?

Thank you

should be the same as TG, 26% i think to never miss to ensure constant rage generation?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Good as place as any to ask this. Is the character sheet for fury currently showing your hit % including precision or are you supposed to factor in that 3% on your own?
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

haven't spec'd fury since patch so I couldn't tell ya, I'd like to know as well.

Character sheet shows totals now. 27% to cap off hand.

As far as I know the hitcap in PvP is always 4%, dual-wield or not.

I think its 5%

You'll want 2% from gear to be at the cap.

PrecisionPassive
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Increases your chance to hit with your attacks by 3%.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=51357

+ a little reforging will get you there. The "MAX RAGE GENERATION" isnt needed in PvP (27% hit or w/e it is)

1) Warriors get boned in the ass when it comes to roots, frost mages, druids, even shamans. You will be kited at times and that "max rage" will be wasted.

2.) Since you will be kited you will not hit as hard when you do get to your target. Instead of 5k crits you will be getting 2k or 3k crits (though if you in full PvE gear I can easily imagine you hitting for 5k if you havent died in the first 5 seconds of a fight).

3) White damage hit chance doesnt matter, because white damage doesnt matter. Every class has recieved armor buffs (usually around 40-50% reduced physical damage, except LOLROGUES R SQUISHY STILL). You should not be working towards that.

Hope that helps

I know it used to be four but some races and classes have/had (not uptodate on this) talents that increased there chances to be missed, so at 6% you were (!) on the save side.

Ah, i forgot what forum this was posted in, yes in pvp i think 5% is cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I know it used to be four but some races and classes have/had (not uptodate on this) talents that increased there chances to be missed, so at 6% you were (!) on the save side.
    As it was my understanding, you cannot get around those racials. I could be wrong, But I am curious now about the topic. Such as the night elves racial.

Thank you all for your help. I really do apprecaite it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truewan View Post
    As it was my understanding, you cannot get around those racials. I could be wrong, But I am curious now about the topic. Such as the night elves racial.
    Not sure about the Nightelf one, you can get around the Belf one that's for spells though.

No one was ever sure about that.

5% is only the soft cap for pvp, ie your specials will hit. However, it is worth pointing out that your white swings (assuming 5% hit chance) still have a 20% chance to miss, effectively losing you a fifth of your rage generation (since rage generated from taking damage is a joke now). While it isn't practical to stack hit in PvP to the exclusion of everything else, it is well worth picking up more through reforging/ trinkets such as Mark of Supremacy (if you don't have something like DBW). Multiple misses in a row can and will cost you the rage needed to get a kill. Personally, I would aim for around 10% in PvP gear - through extensive reforging you could theoretically get to around 15%, or possibly even higher, but at the expense of a lot of crit, which is where your burst and flurry procs come from - it comes down to balancing the need for burst without sacrificing consistent pressure in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread