Thread: 150k hit from shambling horror

150k hit from shambling horror

-0.55 - (Health: 68644 (100%)) Shambling Horror Melee Vincienzo Hit -156306 (Physical)

Can someone offer an explaination for this... At the time when I was hit, I was at 74.95% physical armour reduction.

Up until now the largest hit I've received from an enraged horror was 80k...

My Warrior

So nevermind, the mob was frenzied. fun tiemz
    Last edited by Vincienzo; 05-02-2010 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Frenzy

I'm Guessing the Plague (is this physical) wasnt dispelled from you or a enraged shockwave got you

no it was definitely from the horror.. so i guess the question is can/does enrage + frenzy stack?

You really don't want to be using double armor trinkets for H LK buddy. As for your question, yes, enrage + frenzy stack. You should be stunning them and have shieldwall up for that period of time.

Edit - Intolerance eh. Tell Smoketreez Lucia says hi.
    Last edited by DesT.; 05-02-2010 at 04:00 AM.
    Why am I so terrible - Lucia

Yeah just been playing around with trinkets.. stacking armour for easier p1.. working on transition atm.. btw grats on 10 LK hm!

its for sure enrage + frenzy.
    Our tank got that shit and was out of CDs for him and he took 108k.
    Pray for ur plague to jump on the right moment or that u have a CD rotation ready for this.

does anyone know of an addon that can track stacks of plague/how much damage they will do --> predict enrages?

playing from New Zealand I have ~ 300-400ms.. sometimes i just get gibbed without having time to react..

Why am I so terrible - Lucia

Can someone tell me what causes the Shambling Horrors to gain the Frenzy buff? Is it on a timer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by DesT. View Post
    You really don't want to be using double armor trinkets for H LK buddy.

With a hit of 156,306 I would guess trinkets were not the issue.

This is a clear case of enrage combined with frenzy.

The enrage must be dispelled, and as fast as possible. Basically, if the horror manages to get a swing off while enraged, the dispeller failed.

The low health frenzy is much more dangerous. Cooldowns are barely enough to keep you alive, and you run the risk of having two horrors at that time. During our 25man heroic tries, I discovered two ways of dealing with it.
    The first is getting all the ghouls you can get, and as soon as possible. This tactic causes the disease to stack high enough to probably leapfrog frenzy range. Note, I said probably. It's not a guarantee, and that brings us to the second method.
    Stun the horror as soon as he drops under 20%. The disease will tick again within five seconds (and that should kill the horror), so most single-target stuns work, and even a 3 second stun could be enough to save you.

Those two tactics leave one scenario to deal with, and that's a horror that goes under 20% with the last tick of the disease. What you should do here is string cooldowns together (save them for this!), and let your raid know that you need help on cooldowns and heavy healing. Those things combined may save you.

I haven't yet found a guaranteed tactic to survive the horrors all the time - sometimes you have bad luck and they kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongia View Post
    Can someone tell me what causes the Shambling Horrors to gain the Frenzy buff? Is it on a timer or something?
    Low hp. I think it's sub-20%.