+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HUGE shield issue!

HUGE shield issue!

OK,
    I have killed Blood Queen 19 times on heroic and the Icecrown Glacial Wall (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50729) has NEVER dropped. WHAT GIVES?!?!?!

anyone else have this same issue. Me and my OT are convinced the shield doesn't exist. EVERY lowbie tank that can down her on my server has had it drop in the first couple attempts.

We have a guild that everyone who can wear a shield in the guild has it. EVEN THEIR SHAMMIES. I MEAN SERIOUSLY!

Is there something I can do besides fly to blizzard and hold them hostage till they have a GM give me and my OT one lol.

I know gear means next to nothing anymore due to Cata being released in a month, but its just the principle of it. I just want to see it drop before Cata
    Tanks...You're Welcome!
    Descendings Armory | Descendings UI

Have a different person start the raid and zone in half an hour early.

Rub your belly while standing on your head and praying to the Blizzard gods.

It doesn't really drop. Blizzard hands them out to everyone on the server with the express instructions to tell your guild it dropped.

That, or you are just unlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

our Gm has it, hes a shaman, our holy paladin had it for protret pvp, our warrior tank has it, i on my paladin, after farmign a very long time, have still nto seen neverending winter or icgw normal OR hc drop. RAGE!!!!!
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Wear a garter belt and breathe out of your left eyelid.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

It's just bad luck. Random loot is random.

I think everyone has a story about an item that just wouldn't drop -- and then miraculously does after you no longer need it. :P

There's this mage in my guild; back in the days that we were in Kara, he was dying for a pair of [Trial-Fire Trousers].

They never dropped for him. Every group that went in without him seemed to get those pants though -- people were off-setting them in other groups, they dropped so often. They finally did drop for him... but not until after he already had his t4 legs. :P

Bad luck, we were the same I won our first then it didn't drop from a few months.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

I feel your pain.

Neverending Winter(normal) never dropped for me. But the very first heroic Lootship kill I got the heroic version.
    Shields have been rather kinky this expansion. Never got one out of Naxx/25. Never got one out of Ulduar/10. Never found one in the AH. In fact, I hat the crafted shield until I got one from normal HoR. After 21 runs(yes, I counted them). Next stop. Neverwinter(heroic).

3 shields in one expansion. That's a pretty bad rate even by my standards.

...and please ask me how long it took me to upgrade my Red Sword. Please DO!
    Red Sword(after 4 runs)
    Ulduar 10 weapons(never)
    Turkey Cutter(took me one month of daily pugging heroic ToC5, the pain! The pain!)
    ToC10 weapons(never, cleared it with PuGs only about 5 times or so; same as ToC25)
    PoS Sword/Tanking Axe(4 runs)
    Quel'Serrar NEVER! I went ther each week for a couple of months. Pugged it, when my raid didn't want to go there anymore.
    ICC10/25 normal tanking weapons: never!

Now I bought the gladiator fist weapon. Won't be needing anything else until Cata comes. IMHO it is better for threat than heroic LK weapons and has a ton of HP on it. Not sure LK weapons would be an upgrade.

When it comes to loot luck, each and everyone of us has his own tale of woe.(*cough* Black Heart *cough*)

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    I feel your pain.

Neverending Winter(normal) never dropped for me. But the very first heroic Lootship kill I got the heroic version.
    Shields have been rather kinky this expansion. Never got one out of Naxx/25. Never got one out of Ulduar/10. Never found one in the AH. In fact, I hat the crafted shield until I got one from normal HoR. After 21 runs(yes, I counted them). Next stop. Neverwinter(heroic).

3 shields in one expansion. That's a pretty bad rate even by my standards.

...and please ask me how long it took me to upgrade my Red Sword. Please DO!
    Red Sword(after 4 runs)
    Ulduar 10 weapons(never)
    Turkey Cutter(took me one month of daily pugging heroic ToC5, the pain! The pain!)
    ToC10 weapons(never, cleared it with PuGs only about 5 times or so; same as ToC25)
    PoS Sword/Tanking Axe(4 runs)
    Quel'Serrar NEVER! I went ther each week for a couple of months. Pugged it, when my raid didn't want to go there anymore.
    ICC10/25 normal tanking weapons: never!

Now I bought the gladiator fist weapon. Won't be needing anything else until Cata comes. IMHO it is better for threat than heroic LK weapons and has a ton of HP on it. Not sure LK weapons would be an upgrade.

When it comes to loot luck, each and everyone of us has his own tale of woe.(*cough* Black Heart *cough*)
    my main Dk had the worst weapon luck.

i was tanking toc 10 with marrowstrike, until then i had TS destryoyer.

naxx - lost the KT 10 wep by 5 dkp
    naxx - had the KT 10 weapon drop 3 times when i wasnt there.
    ulduar - had ironsoul ninja'd, by my GM, for his offset, coz he 'deserved it more'. - ah well f**k him, i had better tank gear( bar weapon :@) and higher dps, than anyone else in the guild.
    ulduar - had no drop luck.
    toc 5 mans - marrowstrike, woooo.......
    toc 10 that agi sword, yay?
    toc 10 hc fordragon blades.
    had those baby's until i got loltroll on first week of icc :P
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

My guild has never seen the caster shield off of Marrowgar. Not the regular version, or the heroic version. Every alt in the guild has it from pugging, for MS or OS, but nobody's main that needs it has it. Our GM (Ele Shaman) is in almost all 277 gear, and has to use the PVP shield.

That's almost a full year of raids without ever seeing it drop.

Blizz really needs to fix that RNG loot drop lol
    OR, we could pull a Nhilium and contact blizzard to have them drop the legendary bow from Sunwell for us all
    J/k Kungen is still a beast :P
    Tanks...You're Welcome!

Dropped for us last night, I think it got DEed.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

im still rocking a 226 neck for both my prot and fury specs, it was the first purple i got after hitting 80 from some holiday thing at the time, (this was like months and months ago) i have NEVER seen a neck drop in any run ive been in

I only stated raiding during Ulduar, first week with the guild they take me to naxx, first night i get Broken Promise, and enchant it with BD. second night, i get Last Laugh.....erg oh well another BD then. First time we do FL Titanguard drops...this was about the end of june '09, i don't get an upgrade toill november after farming ToC10 weekely. then i get BBS first night in ICC, 6months later I get the LK10 tanking axe, the last night of that reset, only to have BBS HC drop the next night... One Boss! one Bloody Boss! of course i'd already put BD on

so yeah weapons for me eith last days or about half a year. and still no facelifter, HC or otherwise,

Dropped once in our guild, went to the other paladin tank who disappeared not long after........leaving me and the warrior who tanked all the way through expansion still waiting for it to drop again....

For me it's the Heroic Gargolye Spit Bracers from Surfang - they dropped once when, of course, I was healing, then never again. Ah, well it's always something.

RNG sucks. Back when people were looking at Needle Encrusted Scorpion as worthwhile, I ran FoS every day for 40 days straight and never saw it drop once.

RNG gods smile not on some of us :-(
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

@Theotherone
    Whats sad is i have EVERY 277 DPS plate piece from ICC including necks, rings, and trinkets but i have no dps spec lol
    I even have 2 of every 277, 271, and 264 (heroic) 2 handed axe, sword and mace
    I also have every single handed weapon from ICC 10 and 25, reg and heroic except the heroic LK weapons and heroic Bloodvenom blade
    BUT NO SHIELD ever even seen. WHY?!?!?!?!
    Tanks...You're Welcome!

If it makes you feel better we have a pally that's still looking for H Never Ending Winter; we always match him with a non-shield tank or a tank like my pally that already has it - and it never drops for him; ever. So, it could be worse you could still have the Royal Crest of Lordoran.

+ Reply to Thread