+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP sword/axe/mace good for PvE threat?

PVP sword/axe/mace good for PvE threat?

Hi all,

I would swear I read on this site somewhere that people are using the one-hand pvp weapons for PvE play since the patch. Can someone confirm that, or tell me I am crazy? I don't want to use the honor points on the weapon if it doesn't help in both. I am mostly running 10 man ToC, but will be starting 10 ICC this weekend.

Warrior Tank
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ns&cn=Zalvered

Looks like this has not updated in a few days, and it is saved in the small amount of pvp gear I have. While I am working on my pvp, I need to make sure I am doing my PvE correctly as that is what I do most of the time.

Thanks,
    Zal

The 264 wrathful weapon with a speed of 2.6 is better then anything you'll get from 10 man icc. Highly recommended for threat until you have access to one of the icc 264/277... And even then it might trump the 264

The 264 slow one-handers are better for threat than anything in 10 man icc and if you are not doing 25m hardmode saurfang or lich king (for the agi weapon, not for mithros) are the best tps weapons in the game. Just make sure you take the one that grants the best racial bonus (axe for orcs, sword for human etc)

Thank you.

Just wondering about this too, Yes the racial is nice (axe for orcs, sword for human etc), the stam & Damage Per Second are well over a any ICC weapon (ideally for pvp), if you were to use this for PVE what would you reforge, socket and chant for viable stats for pve. Personally I'm thinking bladeward, dodge & stam jem and reforge for parry, cause there's been alot of talk lately on keeping parry just bit over dodge but close. Also i've heard some comments to use the wrathful shield and put titanium plating for the parry.

Currently i'm using the Bonebreaker Sceptor (Mace) and Neverending Winter (shield).

I've been using the 227 Blood venom blade ... I think it also has the highest stam out of any weapon ...correct me if I'm wrong. But yes i have been recommending the pvp 1H's to our casual tanks who don't have access to 277 weapons in ICC. Swing timer means nothing anymore now that all our abilities are instant so go for the biggest dmg weapon you can get your hands on regardless of the speed.

yup been using the sword. been very satisfied with the results so far. threat seems better. dps as gone up. cant ask for more really.

Please forgive me the nooby question - where do I buy those PvP weapons? I've never been huge on PvP so never gave any attention to this stuff (should have, huh?). Thanks in advance.

In the sewers of Dalaran in the wooden construction you'll find the arena gobbos. IIRC there are 3. One of them sells the 264 weapons.
    When I bought my fist weapon it still had an error on the tooltip that said you needed arena rating for it. That's not true anymore for the 264 weapons.

You can only reforge the AP on the weapon, not the resilience which doesn't do anything for you in PvE anymore. But it has a nice amount of stam on it and a blue socket. Go the all stamina route. It's quite cheap. An evening farming honor in Alterac is about all you need.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Brilliant, thanks so much! I do have some honor points from the few times I went into battlegrounds. Never spent them so they might even be enough

Quote Originally Posted by copenhgn View Post
    Just wondering about this too, Yes the racial is nice (axe for orcs, sword for human etc), the stam & Damage Per Second are well over a any ICC weapon (ideally for pvp), if you were to use this for PVE what would you reforge, socket and chant for viable stats for pve. Personally I'm thinking bladeward, dodge & stam jem and reforge for parry, cause there's been alot of talk lately on keeping parry just bit over dodge but close. Also i've heard some comments to use the wrathful shield and put titanium plating for the parry.

Currently i'm using the Bonebreaker Sceptor (Mace) and Neverending Winter (shield).
    You cannot reforge resil, so you have to reforge the crit, put in a stam gem and enchant BD, accuracy, or mongoose. As far as the wrathful shield, if you have neverending winter I would stick with that.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    I've been using the 227 Blood venom blade ... I think it also has the highest stam out of any weapon ...correct me if I'm wrong. But yes i have been recommending the pvp 1H's to our casual tanks who don't have access to 277 weapons in ICC. Swing timer means nothing anymore now that all our abilities are instant so go for the biggest dmg weapon you can get your hands on regardless of the speed.
    Heroic Havoc's call.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledknight View Post
    Heroic Havoc's call.
    heroic Havoc's call has 113 stam and a red gem slot ... blood venom blade has 117 and a blue gem slot, Blood venom blade has better stats on it for a warrior ie. BVB, hit and crit vs HC, crit and haste, Ive passed on 284 havoc's call a few times now, my off tank who is a pally has it so maybe haste is a bit better for a pally ... not 100% sure. Both are good though I'm just splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    heroic Havoc's call has 113 stam and a red gem slot ... blood venom blade has 117 and a blue gem slot, Blood venom blade has better stats on it for a warrior ie. BVB, hit and crit vs HC, crit and haste, Ive passed on 284 havoc's call a few times now, my off tank who is a pally has it so maybe haste is a bit better for a pally ... not 100% sure. Both are good though I'm just splitting hairs.
    Are warrior's abilities not based off weapon dmg? If you arent hit capped of course BVB, however I fully suspect that threat wise as with for paladins it is not even close. Toss out the hit if you are capped and with havoc's call you gain

14 Agi
    12 Crit (0.26%)
    48 Haste (1.46%)
    14.1 Melee DPS
    25 Melee Min Damage
    47 Melee Max Damage

+ Reply to Thread